Covid-19 related debates (argue in this thread only)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Side note, I know you're likeadoggie and I even stated that you should be free to keep this extra account as you don't use your other account any more, and I also didn't agree with you being banned from this thread.

But I'm here for discussion. If people are going to act like ignorant children then I'm not wasting my time on the discussion.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
he blocked me because he can't respond again and he wants to save face

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fauci advising Biden to say that getting vaccinated will stop you getting sick is not about the science, it’s politics.
Do you have evidence that Fauci advised Biden of that?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Fauci advising Biden to say that getting vaccinated will stop you getting sick is not about the science, it’s politics.
Sure @likeadoggy.
Let me guess - the election was ‘stolen’ :tearsofjoy:.
What about that flight you took without a mask??

Tlamb

Banned
Reaction score
Do you have evidence that Fauci advised Biden of that?
Fauci is the adviser to the president. Either Fauci is advising him to say it or the vaccine has something to do with the military and nothing to with Fauci.

Or the president has gone completely rogue and is coincidentally saying the same thing as Walensky even though he’s advising himself.

What do reckon happened?

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Side note, I know you're likeadoggie and I even stated that you should be free to keep this extra account as you don't use your other account any more, and I also didn't agree with you being banned from this thread.

But I'm here for discussion. If people are going to act like ignorant children then I'm not wasting my time on the discussion.
WHAT?

People are creating fake accounts?
With you Doogs but it’s clear @Tlamb is @likeadoggy not @Rodzilla :-).
But if @likeadoggy is @Tlamb, then who is @Rodzilla. Maybe @Realist90.....

Fck - need another cone. My head hurts...

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fauci is the adviser to the president. Either Fauci is advising him to say it or the vaccine has something to do with the military and nothing to with Fauci.

Or the president has gone completely rogue and is coincidentally saying the same thing as Walensky even though he’s advising himself.

What do reckon happened?
Again. Not relevant. Fauci doesn't tell Biden what to say.

He's the advisor for the American political system. He does not write Biden's speeches. He doesn't coach him in his ear. He advises Biden's aids and on rare occasions he advises Biden directly.

He was also the advisor to Trump and he was clearly saying that Covid is a threat while Trump was saying that Covid is the common cold.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I know. Now he’s getting touchy that nobody is listening to him.
Nah. I'm just being my usual self. I like talking to people but I have very little time now days. So when I try to have a conversation and some guy who flunked year 8 science tries to tell me that he knows more than people who spend their whole life studying this stuff... I'm just going to laugh, call them an idiot and get on with life.

I'm no expert, which is why I read and listen to what the experts say. But I have no time for children who think they know more than the experts when they couldn't even finish their HSC.

I have more important shit to do so fuck that.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
ill provide the transcript of Rachel Maddow show on 29th Mar 2021 because they were so embarrassed about this episode that they deleted it from youtube in shame, when you read this get it through your thick brainwashed head that they said it was the cure or basically the cure

Maddow: That`s honestly the data I feel like I have been waiting for. I have been focused on this issue of treatment for people who get infected with COVID, can we offer them a cure, can we offer something to keep them from getting sick, from going to the hospital, from dying. I talked about it a lot on the show. You have probably seen it.

But the other thing that we have all, I think, been waiting for in terms of vaccines is how much vaccinating everybody gets us closer to the end of there being a coronavirus epidemic in this country. And we need -- there is a piece of scientific data we know to be able to answer that question. Don`t just think about it in terms of whether we individually are going to survive it. Is the country going to end our coronavirus crisis by vaccinating enough Americans?

It`s a piece of information that we have needed. Today we got it. We all know already if you get vaccinated, that vaccine will basically prevent you from getting sick with COVID, it will prevent you from going to the hospital with COVID symptoms, prevent you from dying with COVID. Great, good for you.

But there`s a scientific gray area about whether once you`re vaccinated you can still get infected. It may not be an infection that will give you symptoms, it may not be an infection to send you to the hospital, that will kill you, but can you get infected with mild symptoms or no-symptoms even if you have been vaccinated? That`s an important thing to know, right? Because even if vaccinated people themselves aren`t going to get sick from COVID, the prospect that -- by getting vaccinated you might protect yourself, but you could still potentially get infected, not have symptoms, and unknowingly pass it on to other people, and be protecting yourself, you would still be a risk to others, that prospect has been looming. And that uncertainty has made it woollier and harder to think about how really your life is going to change all that much if you`re vaccinated but you`re still potentially a risk to any non-vaccinated person.

Getting ahold of that information about whether you can get infected once you`re vaccinated and potentially pass it to somebody else, that`s really important.

Well, today, the CDC reported new data that shows that under real world conditions, not just in a lab, not just extrapolating from tiny numbers of test subjects but looking at thousands of front line health workers and essential workers who have gotten vaccinated and who have since been doing their jobs and living in a real world, not only are the vaccines for those folks, thousands of them, keeping those people from getting sick from COVID themselves, those vaccines are also highly effective at preventing those people from getting infected, even with non-symptomatic infection. And if you are not infected, you can`t give it to anybody else.

And I know this sounds like an incremental piece of news, but sit on this for a second enough to absorb what this means, right? What this means is that we can get there with vaccines. We can end this thing.

It means that instead of a vaccine being able -- excuse me, it means instead of the virus being able to hop from person to person to person to person, spreading and spreading, sickening some of them but not all of them, and the ones it doesn`t sicken don`t know they have it and they give it to mere poem because they didn`t recognize, right? Instead of the virus being able to hop from person to person to person, potentially mutating and becoming more virulent and drug resistant along the way, now we know that the vaccines work well enough that the virus stops with every vaccinated person.

A vaccinated person gets exposed to the virus. The virus does not infect them. The virus cannot then use that person to go anywhere else. It cannot use a vaccinated person as a host to get more people.

That means the vaccines will get us to the end of this. If we just go fast enough to get the whole population vaccinated. It`s huge news."

later in the show Walensky confirms the news

WALENSKY: First of all, I just want to note that I share this optimism. I`m so -- I`m so impressed with our ability to vaccinate at a clip of 3 million vaccinations a day. We have 93 million Americans who have gotten their first dose, 51 million who have gotten their second dose.

And we have -- we can kind of almost see the end. We`re vaccinating so very fast, our data from the CDC today suggests, you know, that vaccinated people do not carry the virus, don`t get sick, and that it`s not just in the clinical trials but it`s also in real world data.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Nah. I'm just being my usual self. I like talking to people but I have very little time now days. So when I try to have a conversation and some guy who flunked year 8 science tries to tell me that he knows more than people who spend their whole life studying this stuff... I'm just going to laugh, call them an idiot and get on with life.

I'm no expert, which is why I read and listen to what the experts say. But I have no time for children who think they know more than the experts when they couldn't even finish their HSC.

I was expelled from yr 9 science (and yr 10 after that). Never got a HSC either. Yet I'm a govt scientific expert. The key message here is...

How fckd is Australia then? :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Last edited:

Tlamb

Banned
Reaction score

Quote your experts.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Who cares, as long as that dickfather cracker isn't on here.
He probably is. He's just pretending to be a normal person but eventually he'll start attacking black people for existing and he'll get banned again.

Tlamb

Banned
Reaction score
Again. Not relevant. Fauci doesn't tell Biden what to say.

He's the advisor for the American political system. He does not write Biden's speeches. He doesn't coach him in his ear. He advises Biden's aids and on rare occasions he advises Biden directly.

He was also the advisor to Trump and he was clearly saying that Covid is a threat while Trump was saying that Covid is the common cold.
Yeah definitely. When talking about vaccine efficacy for a pandemic the president doesn’t receive advice from the medical adviser to the president.

Status
Not open for further replies.