Covid-19 related debates (argue in this thread only)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
no you need to explain to me how you made that claim that they got the tables wrong but it didn't effect the result

seriously, demonstrate how that is possible
You're basically like a hair dresser saying to a guy with a failing heart, "don't listen the the cardiologist, listen to me. I know. I cut hair!"

Psychodoggie pointed it out earlier. Just because you don't understand why you're wrong, doesn't magically mean that you are right.

You can't understand the basics of what you're reading but you're trying to convince everyone that they should listen to you over the people who spent their entire lives studying it.

Sorry Rod, but there is no hope for you.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
hacky mcaxe is the biggest lunatic on this forum, he seriously tried to make a claim that them counting 11 deaths for ivermectin, 4 for control when it should have been the other way around was just a mix up that didn't effect the results

of course its a mix up, maybe something more malicious, but to say it had no effect on the result, what world is he living in?

why bother to take numbers in the first place if you can just switch the outcomes around and it doesnt make a difference

what a pinhead

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
im going to prove that drinking water is just as deadly as poison ffs

70 people drink water, 70 people drink poison, 10 each day, 3 people died on poison each day

on wed, thu and fri i will make a mistake and count the poison deaths as water

so there is now 9 water deaths to 12 poison deaths, i conclude that water isn't much safer than poison

people get angry complain, i change the data, 0 water and 21 poison deaths, but keep the conclusion that water isn't much safer than poison, cnn crazy lady goes on air and reports than they found water is not much safer than poison

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
not to mention how he tried to claim that they were only counting people getting viral clearance in the 5-28 day range to explain why the 17-2 result in favor of ivermectin for the first 3 days was excluded

fails to adequately explain why they counted the 4th day and then count the 0-5 day results of another test

i have an explanation, that this study set out to conclude that ivermectin didn't work and they cherry picked the data, thats why they took the ahmed results for hospital stay but not for viral clearance, and when you add in the counting/conclusion mistake then these 3 situations all led to ivermectin not having any difference

and actually switching the niaee study result is the exact way to bring it to even with control for all you conspiracy theorists out there

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
not to mention how he tried to claim that they were only counting people getting viral clearance in the 5-28 day range to explain why the 17-2 result in favor of ivermectin for the first 3 days was excluded

fails to adequately explain why they counted the 4th day and then count the 0-5 day results of another test

i have an explanation, that this study set out to conclude that ivermectin didn't work and they cherry picked the data, thats why they took the ahmed results for hospital stay but not for viral clearance, and when you add in the counting/conclusion mistake then these 3 situations all led to ivermectin not having any difference

and actually switching the niaee study result is the exact way to bring it to even with control for all you conspiracy theorists out there
Feel free to provide your medical degrees. You're still trying to say that the experts are wrong so you're going to have to provide some degrees or you're just going to be the crackpot on the internet.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
so there is now 9 water deaths to 12 poison deaths, i conclude that water isn't much safer than poison
What about Covid deaths under 60?
You got that wrong too when you were banging on about Lotto numbers. I see a pattern…:-).

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Link ; Does Taking Ivermectin Cause Male Infertility And Sterilization? (forbes.com)

Does Taking Ivermectin Cause Male Infertility And Sterilization?

A flurry of recent viral news articles have claimed that ivermectin, the anti-parasitic drug that some people are taking for Covid-19 prevention or treatment, despite no evidence of efficacy, causes infertility in men. But is this really true?

Much of the articles seem to link back to a Nigerian study from 2011 in which men with a disease called onchocerciasis, a parasitic worm infection which can cause blindness and skin disease, were treated with ivermectin, a recognized and approved treatment for this illness.

Some of the headlines are claiming that 85% of men on Ivermectin were rendered infertile after the treatment, but there are several reasons to be very skeptical about this claim.

Firstly, the research looked at 385 patients with onchocerciasis, but ultimately decided to only enroll 37 of them in the study, excluding a whopping 90% of potential participants due to initial low sperm counts. This alone is a huge red flag which wasn’t really addressed in the paper. Why was there such a high number of men with already low sperm counts in their study population? Well, that might well be due to the parasite itself.

“In regards to this Nigerian study from 2011, it is important to consider the context of ivermectin indication,” said Ranjith Ramasamy, MD, urologist and Director of Male Reproductive Medicine and Surgery at the University of Miami Health System in Florida. “All included men were infected with onchocerciasis (river blindness) and it is known that infection itself can cause declining male fertility,” said Ramasamy.

The 37 men were treated with ivermectin for 11 months and at the end of this period, the researchers state that 85% of participants had “significant reduction in the sperm counts and sperm motility of the patients tested” and a “significant increase in the number of abnormal sperm cells”. It’s important to remember two things here; 1) these men had the same disease that stopped 90% of men participating in the first place and were probably quite sick and 2) 37 people is not a lot of people to include in a scientific study to make such firm conclusions.

Essentially, it’s really impossible to tell whether the ivermectin had any effect on sperm counts or quality in these men at all and the FDA does not list infertility as a side effect of ivermectin administration. Another study in rats showed some effect on fertility in male rats, but again the study wasn’t particularly convincing. Ivermectin is also frequently used as an anti-parasitic for horses including those used in commercial horsebreeding and you would think that people breeding horses might notice if their male horses were all infertile. No such issues have been reported and horses continue to exist and have baby horses, despite the widespread use of ivermectin.

“Increased non-indicated ivermectin access and usage is an unfortunate byproduct of sensationalized prevention for Covid-19 infection,” said Ramasamy who has authored work discussing Covid-19 induced erectile dysfunction. “The application of this study is ultimately unclear but people should be extremely cautious when attempting to obtain non-prescribed ivermectin for conditions not worked-up by a healthcare professional,” added Ramasamy.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Feel free to provide your medical degrees. You're still trying to say that the experts are wrong so you're going to have to provide some degrees or you're just going to be the crackpot on the internet.
ive just shown you that they are wrong here and you can't respond, so either explain how they are right, explain that a 63% reduction is not a reduction for example, or stfu and accept they are wrong or made a mistake

are you trying to say that the experts are never wrong? that they cant possibly do something wrong and i cant possibly pick up on it? this is completely arrogant and an elitist view of things

i don't care about the overall theory that its rigged or whatever, but in this case yes they lied and manipulated the situation very clearly

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
dr pierre kory with a medical degree thinks they are wrong btw, so you need a medical degree too

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
btw still waiting on the explanation about how mixing up the table and counting it the wrong way didnt effect the results

thats a wild theory man, you should demonstrate it that it can be possible because i thought that to get the best results you should count things accurately

who knew that you could put numbers in the opposite column and everything will be all right, nothing will be effected, this is like a christmas miracle situation ffs, they should produce a study just on how that happened

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Rodzilla: they put the numbers in the opposite column and it effected the result

Hacky: no they mixed up the table and put ivermectin count and control count the wrong way, but it didn't effect the results in any way

Rodzilla: ........you do know the whole point of this is to count everything correctly do you?

Hacky: show me your medical degree, once again you think you know more than the experts, lol count things correctly what the fuck drugs are you on?"

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i guarantee if you ask 100 people on the street if you mistake one column for another and count the things opposite if that effects the result, 100 people will agree it will change the result

i dont know how you thought it wouldn't

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
You don't know the difference between counting figures wrong and a typo?

One effects the results. One does not.
oh so you can put in a typo and its doesn't effect the result?, this is good news because the scientists can relax now and make mistakes and it won't effect the result, they have been under pressure to not make mistakes but now hacky has proved that it is ok to make mistakes

4 ivermectin/11 control, 11 ivermectin/4 control, it doesn't really matter which way you count it it won't effect the result

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol I don't even think that wog believes his own bullshit
lol I think he is parroting one of his heroes for the United states and using their lines . Probably find some clip from someone in the states using that same speech

Our hospitals are public so they don’t get “37k” for having people ventilated , having covid positive cases in hospitals or covid deaths

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
dr pierre kory with a medical degree thinks they are wrong btw, so you need a medical degree too
Many Doctors prescribe it because many think it works. The health officials banned it because it was causing many problems including:

1) messing with trials (people taking it outside clinical trials skewed results)

2) it may mess with other treatments

3) they're literally taking doses meant for horses

Ivermectin may help but we cannot know unless it's allowed to be tested in larger trials. Ones with actual significant numbers.

This is what you can't understand. Tiny numbers means nothing.

That's why Oxford is running a large trial. To see if it actually does have an effect. But idiots taking it outside trials is messing with results.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
2) it may mess with other treatments
yes here is the only reason it is banned, it messes with other treatment because it works

btw how does people taking it outside trials mess the result? i think you have got it all backwards, you think making a mistake when counting the numbers in the trials doesn't effect the result and people taking outside trials does skew results

Status
Not open for further replies.