Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Could this be about us

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good grab Holbrook for the dogs! I doubt he is under pressure after 3 games though

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sack Dean Pay Asap
No one wants to play for Dean Pay unless there on overs.

His NRL record is atrocious and just doesn’t have the reputation or skill-set required to attract talent i.e. turn an average player into a good one or a good player into a great one.

there not winning games which also decreases players chances of playing Origin/international footy...

there can only be one decision for the board unless they give him one last crack into 2021 with some talent behind him... to be fair, he has a big percentage of reserve graders but his selections let him down...

Toomaga, RFM, Wakeham, Averillo should start... Cogger/Lewis combo is a failed experiment and we are getting zero go-forward from Tolman/Napa... Tolman I at least respect highly given his work ethic and service to the club which in-turn role models club values.

my concern is we are getting towards halfway of 2020 and our only material signing is Thompson from St Helen’s. He’s a big signing but we need 2 or 3 big signings and several good ones.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's the Titans & Justin Holbrook.

Seems like their playing group, are still running the show.

The playing group over the years have gotten rid of 3 coaches. John Cartwright, Neil Henry, Garth Brennan
There's one way for a coach to change that and that's exactly what Justin is doing.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sorry to burst a few bubbles but this is about Holbrook at the Titans.

He named their 5/8 Roberts to play fullback. Taylor went from halfback to 5/8 and Fogarty jumped Tanah Boyd in the queue to grab the halfback spot.
Why on earth would Holbrook be under pressure after 3 games? Sure enough they want to see some wins come, but I highly doubt that a very well credentialed coach that was just signed to big money to coach a team that ran last last year, would be under pressure after 3 losses. I get that the explanation makes sense,but the under pressure part is not existent. Plus the telegraph don't care about Queensland teams.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to burst a few bubbles but this is about Holbrook at the Titans.

He named their 5/8 Roberts to play fullback. Taylor went from halfback to 5/8 and Fogarty jumped Tanah Boyd in the queue to grab the halfback spot.
Possibly but I don't think so. Holbrook isn't a coach under pressure in his first season let alone first three games.