News Could Karl Oloapu's arrival spell disaster for Kyle Flanagan at the Bulldogs?

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Karl's signing hasn't made Rajabs first grade aspirations any easier either.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flanagan has this season to prove he's our permament half, new signing's new coach could see him have a standout year, I would like to see the kid go well, he's a Bulldog and that's what matter's.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did develop at the sharks....from a junior to a top NRL prospect who looked excellent in the NRL games I played.

I was at the Sharks for one year and Robinson lost interest in me because Walker was more of a yes man.... and Trent Barrett could not develop a moustache. Name one player who developed for the better under him.

My game improved greatly last year after we gave the flop the flick....to the point I was best player on ground in our final game of the season, baby!
1 player who developed....Max King

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It makes Rajab decide if he wants it… it also asks Rajhab to dig a little deeper and finally tests his mental resolve and determination….coaching is about strengthening the teams desire.

Last edited:

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
To welcome Karl Oloapu to the club Gus has organised a team bonding movie this Friday night for the boys...

View attachment 64638
Thanks man, I like this movie but always get it confused with Gone Girl that his brother is in :tearsofjoy: I'm gonna fucken watch it later, it's on Stan Bahaha.

As a reference for Flanno not bad 8/10

Reactions: 88

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he is miles ahead of me, why is he going to be playing reggies while the 'gun plays firsts, baby?

And where is his passing game? Where are the long, spiral cutouts? He looks like the same sort of player as Burton with the same weaknesses and same strengths (minus the kicking game). I'm going to make a bold prediction - Burton and Oloapu will never partner each other in the halves. We need me. I'm the only proper halfback at the club, baby.

If this kid wants to play first grade he's gonna have to either push Burton into the centres, or have his Weet-Bix until he is big enough to play lock. But looks like he has a lot of work to do before he's ready to play firsts in any position.
Cue up the vid to 2min mark...cuts out 2 to put the winger away.

You're welcome ;)

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Khaled still has a couple of years anyway... I'd say there is a chance we may see Rajab and KO in the halves and Burton in 13 down the track.

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Love how he pops the ball...
Yes. He seems to have a well-timed, flat short pass and can run with the ball in front of his body and then dummy, step or pass to a runner in a better position.
mason said his tackling technique was perfect and he is a natural? not sure what you are watching there
That's good to hear.
Just noticed in the highlights he put his head a little low and in front of the runner's body a couple of times. He'll be up against much bigger guys who are more than happy to run into a misplaced noggen if given the opportunity.
Just an observation, not a criticism, as the club experts will be all over it.
And sounds like fixed already from Mason's comment.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Khaled still has a couple of years anyway... I'd say there is a chance we may see Rajab and KO in the halves and Burton in 13 down the track.
Wouldn't be a surprise to see KO in the 13 either

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Cue up the vid to 2min mark...cuts out 2 to put the winger away.

You're welcome ;)
One long ball in a three minute highlight package.... doesn't exactly seem like a major feature of his game, does it?

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t think boyd will be personally. I live up here and that’s the gossip anyway. Nothing locked in but I think a lot of the fans want Campbell at 1. Boyd might be the 14. I tend to agree Brimson is a better 1 though he can play 6 kinda. Foran and Verills locked in.

The bigger concern is sexton and Clune probably not starting yet Fucking Flanagan is till KO takes it
Saw their trial line up the other day with Brimson 1 and Boyd 7 confirmed. Will be lots of variables particularly with Foran's body holding up, but think early on Boyd will go 7 and face plenty of competition from Sexton, while fullback will be the same story with Brimson there now and Campbell pushing hard.

Has Campbell or Brimson played wing as that was a problem for the Titans last year?

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Saw their trial line up the other day with Brimson 1 and Boyd 7 confirmed. Will be lots of variables particularly with Foran's body holding up, but think early on Boyd will go 7 and face plenty of competition from Sexton, while fullback will be the same story with Brimson there now and Campbell pushing hard.

Has Campbell or Brimson played wing as that was a problem for the Titans last year?
No chance they play wing surely. Brimson is one of their best players has to be in spine.

Campbell more often than not is one of their best too. Can’t imagine he’s not in squad though soon see.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No chance they play wing surely. Brimson is one of their best players has to be in spine.

Campbell more often than not is one of their best too. Can’t imagine he’s not in squad though soon see.
Agree with you there plus Brimson is captain. Just wondering how they might try to fit everyone in. Brimson for me is a much better option as a fullback but he did hit form at the end of the year as a 6.