Package deal or nothing.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I’m a fan of Cotric, definitely think in a more competitive side will will provide that threat. One thing notably we can agree on is his on to much and we overpaid. Fox is on 500k with Cotric on 600k doesn’t align right. If we re invested his that 600k in a hooker or halfback I’m all for it however I wouldn’t get rid of him just for the sake of it his a quality player and was solid in a awful side.
If we can offload Cotric and Flanagan we would have a million dollars to spend on a genuine star player.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It’s good Gus kills off the rumours straight away. He’d be loving it too because Rothfield started it.
And he gets straight to the point, we have a losing problem. No question. Cotric is part of the equation of getting more wins, makes no sense to move him on to release cap pressure.

We need some wins!

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Won’t argue lol..!!!

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Didn’t take long for people to be rid of Cotric lol. Who of the new recruits coming in do people think will be most wanted to leave first? I’d back TPJ after he’s suspended for half the season.
I didn't want him from the start. Waste of money.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's the same reason Thompson was getting criticism. They are quality players who have underperformed in a poor team. From 2022 onwards the poor roster can't be an excuse any more for quality players such as Cotric not turning up.

Ewan McGrady

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reserve Cotric comment till this time next year. He’s been One of the best wingers in the Comp for a good while now. He was and is a great signing for us. He and Fox potentially best wing pairing in the comp. in fact I think they will be.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Said it in another thread a couple of days ago. Take all articles like this with a grain of salt. Now that the season is virtually done and dusted the journos are going to throw a crapload of these types of stories around. It happens at this point every year.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you can throw 600k on top of Dufty money for a top shelf FB for 2023 IT IS A NO BRAINER!!

JAC and OKunbor on the wings... Cotric really is surplus.
Any top quality fullbacks available 2023?
Sounds like a great plan TBH

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think wingers are probably more important than centres these days, and if we have Cotric and JAC as our starters then that has huge upside.

Naden and Schoupp or Alamoti when he develops is good enough.

I’ll judge Cotric after a year with a better team.

that said,”IF” a gun FB is available in 2023 then Dufty / Cotric money would help.