Cotric To The Eels

ricko_29

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
both Moses and Burton putting up monster bombs all day would give me a stiff.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fucking LOL to people saying replace him with Staines. Ffs Staines is only popular because he scored 4 tries on debut. Has done fuck all since.
The basis on which Penrith HAD to re-sign him so no other club could :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:.......and as you say done nada since.....

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
his work coming out of Bad D is as good as any winger in the game. That sets up our 6 getting out of danger.
Hopefully the rest of his game evolves also.
It wasn't though, if it actually was less people would be critical of him.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If cotric stays fit, he could be of value to us. His performance was well below his price tag. But to be honest who actually stood us for us this year? Very hard to judge a player with the team having the worst defence in the nrl and one of the worst attacks in recent history.

I’d put him down for 12 try’s next year. Is that enough to justify his price tag? I don’t know.

If we can get full freight for him then it’s a no brainer. Gives averillo a chance at centre with naden (neither great defensively to be honest). But the money saved on Cotric can bring a hooker or halfback into the conversation for next season. If you can pay some fright for Flanagan on top of that that opens the door for another forward or a young back. And I’m sure we will be a bigger threat to the top 8 teams with either a hooker, half or prop then a winger who’s best part of his game is his kick returns.

Lets not forget how many times cotric dropped open balls early this year. Almost like he was shocked he was getting the ball passed to him.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
i disagree, i thought he was very good getting our sets started. Even when he played centre Tbaz moved him to the wing in D for that exact reason
I don't agree, he didn't do it enough imo. He also ran sideways a lot rather than just pumping it down the guts and building some momentum. I know that's his style and it was hampered by Baz playing him on the right wing but be needs to mix it up and do it at the right times. He should be carrying the ball as much as To'o.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I don't agree, he didn't do it enough imo. He also ran sideways a lot rather than just pumping it down the guts and building some momentum. I know that's his style and it was hampered by Baz playing him on the right wing but be needs to mix it up and do it at the right times. He should be carrying the ball as much as To'o.
i think once his position is settled on the wing, he can do that. He had too many instructions going on, attack centre and defence wing. Make it simple for him and for all the players in that regard

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
i think once his position is settled on the wing, he can do that. He had too many instructions going on, attack centre and defence wing. Make it simple for him and for all the players in that regard
I don't know, all I know is that when we're paying him the sort of coin we are then there isn't much room for excuses. He needs to be better next season.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don’t mind Cotric as a winger but I don’t think he provides the early return yards out of our 20 like even Fergo does or did. And Fergo is a better finisher.

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know, all I know is that when we're paying him the sort of coin we are then there isn't much room for excuses. He needs to be better next season.
Of course he will be, if not I'll fly a 'I love Mutt Dafty' flag out the front of my house with daffy duck on it because every time I see your name I see daffy

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It actually was....
It really wasn't. Schoupp did a better job imo, got through more work and played direct. Cotric drifted sideways too much, gave the opposition time to set their defence and didn't find quick enough play the balls. There's times where it's effective but there needs to pick these times better like I previously mentioned. Cotric imo should be right up there for runs per game next season.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Half of you lot are either on the bags or on the pipe, this guy hardly got the ball all year, most of his runs were out of our own half and he always looked a chance of making something happen, guy had no support when he played and hardly got the ball due to flopagan turning it inside any chance we had...
I'm not.... shout me a bag?

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It really wasn't. Schoupp did a better job imo, got through more work and played direct. Cotric drifted sideways too much, gave the opposition time to set their defence and didn't find quick enough play the balls. There's times where it's effective but there needs to pick these times better like I previously mentioned. Cotric imo should be right up there for runs per game next season.
I think Schoupp was great. It took him a little while to find his feet but towards the back end of the season I was calling for him to be re-signed asap.
While I do agree Cotric did across field more than Schoupp, that doesn't mean he did it every run. He barely played either and was obviously out of sorts coming to us getting no ball compared to getting good ball at Canberra in a better team. You can't judge him from this season. It was a fuck up

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
People will see Cotric differently when Burton comes.

Centres and wingers will do absolutely sweet fuck all if the halves aren't doing their job and lets be real our halves were the worst in the NRL by a country mile.

If Flannagan/Averillo/Lewis slotted into the Melbourne Storm, they would struggle as well