Cotric to raiders in 2022

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why are people pissed he is gone?
He was probably one of our worst performers last season and our highest paid back. We don't need him.
No idea, he was released from the contract. It's not like we're paying him to play somewhere else

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
He was probably one of our worst performers last season and our highest paid back. We don't need him.
My estimation is that if everyone on TK voted for our worst players of 2020 Cotric wouldn't be in the top 20. Let's start with how many players out of the 15 that we released would rate anywhere near Cotric, Meaney is possibly the only one.

Cotric is a loss, a big loss, and the only way that it can be justified is if we make a big gain directly as a result.

Always a Bulldog

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gotta disagree here.

Of our top 30 squad - I would not have him in the top 15 of worst performers.. mainly cause Allan would take up spots 1 to 15.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He was able to get a three year contract at Raiders - that may have lessened any contributions that the dogs have to make to his contract

Malla

Reaction score
1000000%%%% he is one of our worst performers because of the expectations. He was supposed to be the marquee guy. Try scorer. Started the seasons at centres, couldn’t defend a vegetable in a phone booth, then got moved to wing and couldn’t run a bath let alone a hit up out of our red zone. In terms of talent he’s obviously not in our bottom 15 but in terms of expectations v performance he is definitely one of our worst. Good riddance to the Serbian. Good luck to him.

Malla

Reaction score
My estimation is that if everyone on TK voted for our worst players of 2020 Cotric wouldn't be in the top 20. Let's start with how many players out of the 15 that we released would rate anywhere near Cotric, Meaney is possibly the only one.

Cotric is a loss, a big loss, and the only way that it can be justified is if we make a big gain directly as a result.

Always a Bulldog
You are wrong

Always a gronk

Ripley

Kennel Established
Reaction score
as you said it first how do you know we aren't paying? stands to reason as we've offloaded a guy we're paying money to them to do so.
Doesn’t mean it’s over 2 years though. I’d bet we’re paying him out in ‘22 as the whole excercise was to clear space for ‘23.

We’ll promote from within or a modest purchase to fill the spot.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Doesn’t mean it’s over 2 years though. I’d bet we’re paying him out in ‘22 as the whole excercise was to clear space for ‘23.

We’ll promote from within or a modest purchase to fill the spot.
I agree mate, for arguments sake let’s say we are paying equivalent of $150k x 2yrs. I think we’ll pay the $300k for 2022, promote a train and trial player for $120k ($420k spend) saving over $200k in the kitty for either more up grades, new signing for 2022 etc, and then having the full $650k Cotric money available for 2023. All just speculation on the $ amounts, but I think that’s the plan anyway.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Always a Bulldog
Are you upset that Cotric was Once a Bulldog and now he isn't Always a Bulldog?

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
as you said it first how do you know we aren't paying? stands to reason as we've offloaded a guy we're paying money to them to do so.
We released him from his contract. Meaning hes off the books

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We released him from his contract. Meaning hes off the books
I think you're right Umo, typically when we would be contributing the club would confirm where the player is going and using wording like "agreed to terms." Look at DWZ article as an example.

Moon Dog

Waterboy
Reaction score
The fact is that no one know whether we are contributing or not. I believe we most probably are, as this is the common practise in situations like this... I trust the current admin unlike the previous one which seemed to always try to pin the tail on the donkey not knowing that they were the donkeys.