Cotric to raiders in 2022

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Great player yes, but we’ve bought very well.. so it’s not a huge loss given then new roster. Good luck to him.

Reactions: TAS

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Id much rather averillo in centre and cotric gone so over rated

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
God help us if Okonbor is our first choice winger....he is slow, lazy, defends and runs like a cat and always is in no mans land in defence
Speculation hopefully, someone might be concentrating 23' but we wanna see a full squad in 22

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think some are over reacting here.
Cotric leaving is sound business from a SC and long term plan POV

He failed last season (as they all did) but his failure is magnified because he is being paid overs

He stumped his toe and missed back end of the season and we figured out that standard players on half his wage (and less) can do his job well enough.

This isn’t like the one eyes Eels reaction either because Reed is a stud/top 5 hooker and is a way more of a big loss to them than Cotric will be for us.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I think some are over reacting here.
Cotric leaving is sound business from a SC and long term plan POV

He failed last season (as they all did) but his failure is magnified because he is being paid overs

He stumped his toe and missed back end of the season and we figured out that standard players on half his wage (and less) can do his job well enough.

This isn’t like the one eyes Eels reaction either because Reed is a stud/top 5 hooker and is a way more of a big loss to them than Cotric will be for us.
It’s comparable to the eels forum reaction that is now shit bagging and dismissing how quality someone is cause they are gone. It appears cotric is gone. Bloke is a stud/top 5 winger I dare say (to’o, Jac are the only two clear I’d say ahead)?

Would I rather a quality hooker? Fucking oath. Though let’s not pretend cotric doesn’t clean his ass with any of our backline behind Jac.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It’s comparable to the eels forum reaction that is now shit bagging and dismissing how quality someone is cause they are gone. It appears cotric is gone. Bloke is a stud/top 5 winger I dare say.

Would I rather a quality hooker? Fucking oath. Though let’s not pretend cotric doesn’t clean his ass with any of our backline behind Jac.
He’s definitely a top class winger but unfortunately the sticking point is the 650k he is reportedly on.

I would love to have had him on the other flank but it won’t happen now and he’s prob going to kill it back at the Raiders where he fitted into that system and Sticky coaching better than with us.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This page is funny sometimes.

Everyone was lauding the club for the incredible signings we've made. Literally a wankfest on here with a giant conga train and circle jerk off about Gould, and the management being the best living thing in history pulling off some of the signings they have. Full trust in what they're doing.

The club then makes a call on Cotric and believe it's best suited for the club that he leaves, and all of a sudden many have lost that trust and are questioning their call on this?

I mean ... ?

Shit. The club did unbelievably well to get us where to we are now. Surely they've earnt the right to trust then goign forward?

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s comparable to the eels forum reaction that is now shit bagging and dismissing how quality someone is cause they are gone. It appears cotric is gone. Bloke is a stud/top 5 winger I dare say (to’o, Jac are the only two clear I’d say ahead)?

Are you dismissing Rapana, Saab, Sivo, Tupou etc?

Face it, after last season, Cotric is well down the pecking order. Even if he was on 400k, hed be worth 300k now.

No doubt in a better team and structure, and with age on his side, he will come good again but he's been a disappointment and obviously Gus has better solutions in his mind for his money.

Lets just wait and see what Gus delivers with this transaction. We can judge him accordingly.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If anyone thinks having two wingers costing well over a million for the pair isn’t going to bite us cap wise sooner or later they are kidding themselves.
Later..... definitely.
Sooner.... No.

Our team doesn't have 1M players.
Therefore can afford to pay our wingers more in the short term.

Is it premiership winning roster management? Of course not.

Can it resurrect the team into a top 8 position. You bet!

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
God help us if Okonbor is our first choice winger....he is slow, lazy, defends and runs like a cat and always is in no mans land in defence
Couldn't agree more, I just have a bad feeling baz will give him a shot.
I'd personally go with Averillo in the centres and bbo at half to start the year.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Later..... definitely.
Sooner.... No.

Our team doesn't have 1M players.
Therefore can afford to pay our wingers more in the short term.

Is it premiership winning roster management? Of course not.

Can it resurrect the team into a top 8 position. You bet!
I’d rather deal with sooner than later who knows when you need that space to make a signing. It’s always better to be proactive in these situations. If a deal came up that worked with the Raiders I’m glad the club did it.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more, I just have a bad feeling baz will give him a shot.
I'd personally go with Averillo in the centres and bbo at half to start the year.
Yep I like that....I just worry about Averillos defence but i think that's the best way to GO

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Are you dismissing Rapana, Saab, Sivo, Tupou etc?

Face it, after last season, Cotric is well down the pecking order. Even if he was on 400k, hed be worth 300k now.

No doubt in a better team and structure, and with age on his side, he will come good again but he's been a disappointment and obviously Gus has better solutions in his mind for his money.

Lets just wait and see what Gus delivers with this transaction. We can judge him accordingly.
No I’m not. Not a single name there all things considered would have them ahead of cotric for me.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
TBH, would have loved for Cotric to work out, however a player of his calibre and price tag should flourish on his own on, or at least show glimpses of his prowess without any superstars around him. We didn't get that last year. I think Josh Mansour would have been a better option last year.