Cotric FB?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Is that good or not good? I dont really know anything about Staines, apart from the tries he scored.
I don't really know either, only seen him play firstgrade.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Why not though... Kids got enough and he is still very young, plenty of untapped skill to come.
Tend to agree with Marley (feels weird), if Cotric was ever going to gain Teddy levels he'd have shown more by now.

Now I need to go have a shower or a stiff drink or something.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cotric in the Centres. but not sold on Staines yet... anyone got any footage of passing game on him?

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hoppa is not a fullback and if you think he is or should be our long term FB then you clearly have no aspirations for this club to be a top 4 team!

Hoppa is a centre of the year. So thats his position.

We need explosiveness/speed and silky stepping skills. Stuff that can't be coached. All the stuff Hoppa does well at FB are coach-able.

Cotric might work as FB but id be sticking with meaney from what we have.

Also people jizzing over Burton and Staines over a handful of games in a top of the table team need their brains checked asap!!! Yes shown talent (so did mbye/lichaa,etc lol)but I wouldn't be banking on them as permanent solutions at all at this stage.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tend to agree with Marley (feels weird), if Cotric was ever going to gain Teddy levels he'd have shown more by now.

Now I need to go have a shower or a stiff drink or something.
Didn't ted have 2 aclz at Cotrics age?

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Hopoate is solid but too slow to be our fullback. He's not a top 8 fullback. I'd like to see him in the centres. Meaney hasn't really kicked on either. I think it's too hard for Cotric to play fullback in one season.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cotric in the Centres. but not sold on Staines yet... anyone got any footage of passing game on him?
He threw a sublime 15m ball running at full pace in his debut match.. kid can pass, bit like JAC.

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bit silly to compare him to Tedesco when they're completely different players, it's like comparing Luke Thompson to Viliame Kikau. Cotric played abit of fullback and I feel is more in the Dugan mould (without the dickhead factor), good ball runner, size, finisher and deceptively quick. Tedesco has been a fullback all his life, his support play is superb and he's really good and sniffing out opportunities around the ruck which he can take advantage of with his elite short area quickness.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Why not though... Kids got enough and he is still very young, plenty of untapped skill to come.
He's purely a ball runner in the Nofa, Rapana build....a bit all over the place and bumping off defenders. Let's just worry about him transitioning to centre because first.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Cotric was a fullback until the age of 16, he then switched to centres and played mostly in the centres with a few games at fullback here and there. so he can play the position but he was signed to play centre and I think thats where he will play.

He did play a half at full back this season when CNK came off injured one game.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's purely a ball runner in the Nofa, Rapana build....a bit all over the place and bumping off defenders. Let's just worry about him transitioning to centre because first.
Tedesco bumps and grinds too.. In saying that Cotric is more likely to be a premiership winning centre than a FB anyway unless his game evolves immensely so its probably just convo at this time.