Cotric At Centre

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No he definitely defended on the wing. To be honest I didn’t see him much in the centre’s at all. I think he may swap close to the try line
Does that mean that Meaney is a better defender?

Mozzie

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Not like he's doing anything on the right atm :tearsofjoy:
I am concerned about the defence on the right side. The Sharkies seemed to make huge runs down that side when ever they went that way. Hopefully Baz is all over that issue.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
His involvement /work ethic was high. I think given time he will turn into a premier centre.

Similar when J Moz got to nail down a centre spot with us 2009, he took a while to master all aspects of centre play and defensively was among the best...it also took him a while to pass the ball to his winger ...just ask Goodwin

Last edited:

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
His involvement /work ethic was high. I think given time he will turn into a premier centre.

Similar when J Moz got to naol down a centre spot with us 2009, he took a while to master all aspects of centre play and defensively was among the best...it also took him a while to pass the ball to his winger ...just ask Goodwin
Morris never ever passed to his winger...
in 2009 that was all Ben reports giving ball to Goodwin lol

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Hoppa can play left centre the dude can pass both ways you watch his games at fullback he was strong attacking the left side with his cut out passes to the wingers. Cotric and hoppa should swap

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hoppa can play left centre the dude can pass both ways you watch his games at fullback he was strong attacking the left side with his cut out passes to the wingers. Cotric and hoppa should swap
I also seem to recall Hoppa played left wing when Manly won the 2008 GF by 40 nil.

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Did anyone notice Meaney defending quite a bit at left centre with Cotric on the wing... I wonder why that was the case?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I also seem to recall Hoppa played left wing when Manly won the 2008 GF by 40 nil.
Michael Roberston was the left winger in 08 and 11.
Hoppa played 2011 season and covered various positions that season, but in the GF I'm pretty certain he was right wing outside Jamie Lyon.

JAYDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Fingers crossed he is fit for RD1