Cotric at centre

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't wait until he makes everyone eat their words that doubt his ability at centre
Agreed.We bought him with the intent of playing him as a centre. Surely we can't start over thinking before the preseason has even started to doubt him and find another position which we are already covered in.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Time will tell. If he's not going well at centre I'm sure T-Baz will pull him aside and let him know that he's better for the team on the wing. Worst that can happen if he gets shifted back to the wing is he'll maybe have a sook. But I expect he'll pay off as a signing wherever he ends up being played.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally I think he will actually be better at centre than wing.
He played centre coming through (And fullback, I know), but he isnt that tall as a winger and I dont actually think he is good at the tough carries out of yardage despite his strong build.
I see potential for strong tackle busts in the centres to set up his outside man if he plays well and our attacking structures improve.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please tell me that I am not the only person that thinks Cotric is not a centre!
Ricky Stuart has even played Rapana at centre over him despite his desire to play there....
Im so sick of our club playing guys out of position!
Yes it sounds strange,but i heard a radio interview he did about a year ago,where he stated he played a lot of his junior football in the centres,and that he would like the opportunity to play there.i think he’s a quality footballer and could be a successful there

DaveV

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Is there a chance that Aaron schoupp can be an immediate success like Bradman Best? He’s a similar robust type of player with good speed and excellent D from what I’ve seen.

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really do hope he performs but im obviously skeptical
What does he have to gain from playing him at centre though ? He's played him their before and values his hard carries on the wing over what the rest of his squad can provide. For us it's different
Nothing to gain? are you serious? they are playing for a grand final spot!! pretty sure that is a lot to gain mate haha

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cotric has mentioned for years that he wanted to play centre yet Stuart has not played him there despite this... speaks volumes to me!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I really do hope he performs but im obviously skeptical

Nothing to gain? are you serious? they are playing for a grand final spot!! pretty sure that is a lot to gain mate haha
No not at all he's comfortable with Rapana there and has had Cotric in his side at wing for a while so why change it when it's been working for him

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No not at all he's comfortable with Rapana there and has had Cotric in his side at wing for a while so why change it when it's been working for him
why put Rapana there instead of him in the first place?
Rapana will never be there permanently as Curtis Scott will retain his position.

MIR-PROD

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Rapana will never be there permanently as Curtis Scott will retain his position.
Because Rapana has been shit on the wing this year and Curtis Scott has been shit in general. Marcelo Montoya has scored more tries this year than Rapana in half the games. That’s how shit Rapana has been but still better than Curtis Scott has gone.
Cotric has been very strong on the wing, no sense weakening 1 position to try make a weaker position stronger

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Most likely when Cotric was promoted to first grade, placing him at wing was what was best for the team going forward, knowing he'd do the job. Not to mention he was behind BJ and Croker.
Since then he's excelled so there was no reason to change that.

Also I'm not sure if you're insinuating that Ricky Stuart place him at centre... just for this week... in such an important game?

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most likely when Cotric was promoted to first grade, placing him at wing was what was best for the team going forward, knowing he'd do the job. Not to mention he was behind BJ and Croker.
Since then he's excelled so there was no reason to change that.

Also I'm not sure if you're insinuating that Ricky Stuart place him at centre... just for this week... in such an important game?
No Im saying why he hasnt done it earlier, instead he signed Curtis Scott and also put Rapana at centre ahead of him.
Stuart new he would lose him if he didnt put him at centre but that didnt change his opinion.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Exactly. Ricky knows that next season Simmonson and Valemai will likely be his starting wingers so why play Rapana there ? This way he's seeing what Rapana has got to make a claim for next season whilst keeping Nic where he favours him for his team composition and runs out of their own end. They play the power game through the middle so having good set starts is important to them hence why he's wing