Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
COVID is SO dangerous in Australia that it's killed four people in the last 3 months.

And of these four it appears that the 'cause of death' is highly questionable. In two cases, both people were completely cleared of COVID and died months later - yet somehow they've blamed COVID for the deaths.

In the other two cases both died without COVID as a cause of death and then 1-2 months later they attributed COVID as the cause of death.

See below:

28 December - 1 person - Sadly, a man in his 70s died earlier this week from respiratory complications following a COVID-19 infection diagnosed in March. He was a household contact of a locally acquired case. Although his death is considered to be related to COVID-19, he had recently tested negative, was no longer infectious and posed no risk to the community.
30 November - 1 person - The case was a woman in her 70s who was part of a small group of cases diagnosed in late July. She was cleared in late September.
28 October - 2 people - Both deaths are historic cases that have now been linked to COVID-19. One death occurred on 6 September and the other was on 7 October

The question then becomes, how many people would have died without masks and restrictions?

If you can figure that out then you can do a risk analysis to see if it's worth stopping mask use and lifting restrictions.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
The question then becomes, how many people would have died without masks and restrictions?

If you can figure that out then you can do a risk analysis to see if it's worth stopping mask use and lifting restrictions.
If you don't actually know the risk then you also shouldn't be taking people's liberties away.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If you don't actually know the risk then you also shouldn't be taking people's liberties away.
The ones handling it know the risk. I'm just curious if you know the risks. If you don't know the risks then you shouldn't be advocating it.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
The ones handling it know the risk. I'm just curious if you know the risks. If you don't know the risks then you shouldn't be advocating it.
There are risks involved in everyone’s lives for as long as humans have walked the earth.

COVID is not particularly deadly. It is almost of no significant risk to anybody under 50 who is healthy.

I agree there is some risk for a very small percentage of the population and those ppl should manage those risks accordingly.

but forcing unscientific restrictions on ppl who are simply not at risk is just dumb.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score

0 more people would have died without the masks and restrictions

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
"It is important to understand that once the vaccine starts, that doesn’t mean you can jump on a plane to Bali the next day,” Scott Morrison said. “It doesn’t mean that the masks disappear, if that is what the public health arrangements are in a particular state or territory, or the quarantine arrangements for returning into Australia will end. It will start at small-scale, it will build up and it will happen over a period of time over the course of this year. Of itself, it is not a silver bullet, because there are still limitations to what these vaccines can do"

they should change the description of the vaccine to "not the vaccine" to avoid confusion

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Aren’t they building it..or going to build it..
Dont know. I use to go to the pools at Parrammatta. Was outdoor. Had a diving tower. Think they had about 3 pools all up. Was getting old. That was back in the late 80's.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Dont know. I use to go to the pools at Parrammatta. Was outdoor. Had a diving tower. Think they had about 3 pools all up. Was getting old. That was back in the late 80's.
I think they knocked it down..

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hearing the vaccine may be an annual thing. Like the flu shot. I think I’ll wait a couple of years before I get mine. I was for it early, but not sure now. They still have conflicting reports on giving to pregnant women. What about a young women who wants to fall pregnant. Seems very risky at present for the younger generation, who it doesn’t effect anyway. Be interesting to see how they go making it mandatory in certain workplaces.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hearing the vaccine may be an annual thing. Like the flu shot. I think I’ll wait a couple of years before I get mine. I was for it early, but not sure now. They still have conflicting reports on giving to pregnant women. What about a young women who wants to fall pregnant. Seems very risky at present for the younger generation, who it doesn’t effect anyway. Be interesting to see how they go making it mandatory in certain workplaces.
I think they are valid concerns.
As you probably know health care workers will be the guinea pigs for the vaccines here in Australia.
I assume it will be no jab, no job.
Any adverse reaction are guaranteed to be reported/milked/sensationalized by the media so we will know about it.
still at least a month away

I just tried to watch Scomo's presser from today. I could only watch 5 mins before I wanted to have my head caved in with a cricket bat, he really is hard work. Cant remember the last PM we has that wasnt condesending. Now the oppsosition leaders on the tele playing politics on the subject. FMD.

I suppose Ill need to start doing some research.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
This is covid and aviation combined. absolutely shocking news for anyone who works for Cathay Pacific as a pilot or cabin crew member. In some instances it effectively means some people will likely not see their families again for the next 12 months.

Someone close to me flies for Cathay.

Attachments

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's odd that some countries cop it badly where us in Australia, it's not really a problem..

We seem to be on the cautious side because of what is happening elsewhere, fair enough..

But in Australia it seems that everyone who dies has died from covid? No other causes of death .. does it have anything to do with government grants for funerals for covid deaths?

The UK seems to be knocked silly with covid and in Australia we see no cases

I think we should wear our masks a little longer, if we went harder earlier we would be in the clear

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think we should wear our masks a little longer, if we went harder earlier we would be in the clear
Wouldn't hurt i think the main problem is the quarantine otherwise we would be well in the clear .
Knock it out move freely amongst Australia the rest of the world with catch up over the next 3 years

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
It's odd that some countries cop it badly where us in Australia, it's not really a problem..

We seem to be on the cautious side because of what is happening elsewhere, fair enough..

But in Australia it seems that everyone who dies has died from covid? No other causes of death .. does it have anything to do with government grants for funerals for covid deaths?

The UK seems to be knocked silly with covid and in Australia we see no cases

A great deal of it is to do with our climate, our isolation from the rest of the world and our low population densities.

Status
Not open for further replies.