Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It's actually entirely true that men suffer becomes of women. But it is also true that women suffer because of men. If you actually start getting into the philosophy of the bible and the actual meanings of old testament stories like this, it gets you to the very core of humanity.
WTF?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Least they made the right call. Other countries would have gone ahead with it and ended up causing another fuck up.
I think it was wishful thinking on their behalf or like most of us unaware how this thing would blow up,. Ahhhh to be sitting on a nice cool shinkansen now having a beer looking at the world at 300km an hour
Fuck lol

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Back in late March when I last was paying close attention to the John Hopkins covid tracking data, Australia was at or around 20th to 30th in the list of total cases, along with some smallish European countries like Netherlands, Sweden, Denmark, Czechia. Its interesting to see how that has changed. The small european countries that been more relaxed on their rules or whose people haven't followed the rules closely are still around that spot on the list:

19th = Netherlands
21st = Czechia
29th = Sweden

But other countries have moved down the list. Denmark (54th) and Norway (88th) were more careful than their neighbour Sweden, and its showing. Meanwhile Australia (107th) and NZ (157th) have done incredibly well, but given what we saw with the Melbourne outbreak, that has to be put down to the restrictions that were brought in, as annoying as they have been.

Everyone in my family, and most of my friends, are all 100% in agreement with the restrictions, even if we whinge about them now and then, it is clear as daylight that they've been good and kept a lot of people out of hospital and out of the graveyard. It could have been very different. In the USA there is now more than 400k who have died after getting infected, and there are strong reasons to feel that this number is well under the real number.

Only days ago the University of Leicester released data from research tracking people who had been admitted to hospital after getting Covid, and then later released as they were regarded as recovering or recovered. They tracked a total of 47,780 people, a reliable population sample. Of those, 14,047 returned to hospital within 140 days. That is nearly 3 in 10 had to go back due to ongoing severity of symptoms and organ damage. Of those 47,780 people who were released from hospital because their Covid condition was considered sufficiently improved, 5,877 have since died. That is more than 10%. This is most commonly due to the development of heart, liver, and kidney problems as a result of Covid.

Here is the kicker. The countries that have tried to stay open in order to keep their economy functioning have gotten not only the worst transmission counts and death totals, but their economic outlooks for the next year or two are currently no better than the careful countries, and often worse.
NSW is somewhat open and we have done well to keep cases low.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
NSW is somewhat open and we have done well to keep cases low.
There is a narrative circulating (for a while now), that lockdowns and masks somehow work. But no one is able to point out anywhere in the northern hemisphere as an example of where masks or lockdowns have actually been a success (compared to other less restrictive measures).

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
There is a narrative circulating (for a while now), that lockdowns and masks somehow work. But no one is able to point out anywhere in the northern hemisphere as an example of where masks or lockdowns have actually been a success (compared to other less restrictive measures).
I love how people fall for the brainwashing, as if we are a state of cooperative citizens, who all flock together to achieve the same madness!

It just isn’t the case!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Agree completely with this. My original point was that Realist believes that women are the cause of the problems of men. He has stated several times that it's Eve's fault that men suffer. Probably did it as a joke but that's what he said.

Although he also uses every opportunity he has to pick on women and even changed his name to a derogatory anti-female name until the admins forced him to change it.
I can certainly confirm that as a female poster on here. There's various examples of his twisted views about women...even bagged out his wife the other day in a post.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
"Australia has achieved 6 days in a row of zero cases of local transmission."

But this new 'mutant' strain is sooooooooo contagious. We need to create even stricter restrictions ASAP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.