Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
No one said masks eliminate the virus ,but they do reduce transmission along with putting other measures in place like social distancing and regular sanitising. Its not that hard to figure out all these little things can go a long way ,but places like America i think its to little to late,
Prevention is always better than cure
Agree prevention is better than cure.

On the topic of masks, there are multiple studies that suggest mask wearing does not have any measurable impact on transmission rates. Yes there are also studies that shows some benefits from mask wearing. The overall conclusion is that there is conflicting science when it comes to whether or not masks do or don't make a difference to transmission rates.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I can’t believe you’re all still talking about this scamdemic/global reset as if it’s a real thing?

it only takes 2 months to keep lying to a human before they accept it as a fact!

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Agree prevention is better than cure.

On the topic of masks, there are multiple studies that suggest mask wearing does not have any measurable impact on transmission rates. Yes there are also studies that shows some benefits from mask wearing. The overall conclusion is that there is conflicting science when it comes to whether or not masks do or don't make a difference to transmission rates.
That's not the conclusion what so ever, there is overwhelming scientific evidence that has been provided that masks do make a difference

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Maybe but its not the conclusion that you stated, that was just flat out bullshit
My conclusion is pretty reasonable. There are studies that show that mask wearing has none or little impact on transmission rates. I acknowledged there are other studies that show that they may have some effect.

Given there are various studies conflicting with each other and no explanation for why there are still studies concluding that mask wearing does not make an impact - it is reasonable to conclude that there is no basis for definitely saying mask wearing is effective.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
My conclusion is pretty reasonable. There are studies that show that mask wearing has none or little impact on transmission rates. I acknowledged there are other studies that show that they may have some effect.

Given there are various studies conflicting with each other and no explanation for why there are still studies concluding that mask wearing does not make an impact - it is reasonable to conclude that there is no basis for definitely saying mask wearing is effective.
If you went to 100 doctors to see if you are autistic and 98 drs said you are 2 said maybe not it does not make it inconclusive

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
If you went to 100 doctors to see if you are autistic and 98 drs said you are 2 said maybe not it does not make it inconclusive
Are you saying there are 98 studies showing definitively that mask wearing makes a substantial impact on transmission rates while only 2 show that they don't? Or what are you saying exactly?

Have you already counted the number of mask wearing studies completed along with the number that support mask wearing versus the number that don't?

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is absolutely clear you lack basic understanding of science, ability to interpret quite simple statistics, and draw conclusions/limitations of peer-reviewed scientific publications.
I really hope you keep sprouting these lines to others in real life, because it shows exactly how little you understand or are willing to learn.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Are you saying there are 98 studies showing definitively that mask wearing makes a substantial impact on transmission rates while only 2 show that they don't? Or what are you saying exactly?

Have you already counted the number of mask wearing studies completed along with the number that support mask wearing versus the number that don't?
I'm saying it very plausible that you have autism

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
On the way to eliminating the virus..20 days in a row with no local transmissions..only 8 days to

ps..apparently 28 days in a row without local transmissions means the virus has effectively been eliminated..which Victoria has now achieved...

ps..https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-27/has-victoria-eliminated-covid-after-28-days-of-zero-new-cases/12923402

EEE68E8A-6EE6-41BC-BBDE-C27A506DD76F.jpeg

Last edited:

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I'm saying it very plausible that you have autism
Let me know once you've done the sums on the number of studies that concluded masks are effective (and to what degree) and the number which concluded masks have limited (or little) effectiveness.

That would be an interesting discussion to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.