Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fauci very concerned about Thanksgiving and therefore the expected surge in 3 weeks...Christmas!

Fauci says he's worried about what coronavirus case numbers will be 3 weeks after Thanksgiving

Its out of control now, California will be fucked the mid west is fucked Texas fucked the have over 80,000 in hospital as is

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Record 12,003 dead
Usa leading the charge 2300 dead 180,000 plus infections and the stupid c*** are worried about Thanksgiving, Europe fucked we a killing it in a good way ,what we at @Mr 95% for nsw?
Southy this is stunning..no local transmissions, (that’s 19 days straight) none from oversea, none in ICU, no deaths and plenty of tests..Bravo NSW!!
91488764-C17E-45F9-9E55-8F925987D074.jpeg

Last edited:

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Its out of control now, California will be fucked the mid west is fucked Texas fucked the have over 80,000 in hospital as is
I have family throughout Texas, a few of them have had COVID, in each instance they were either asymptomatic or the symptoms were barely recognisable. None went to hospital. Of course this isn't representative of everyone, and clearly many people have been either quite sick or have died.

The situation might seem bad because the media keeps telling you it's bad multiple times a day and they also remind you of the COVID numbers multiple times a day. They don't tell you the number of cancer/heart disease/fentanyl over-doses and suicides every day.

The reality is that hospitals still have capacity and hopefully will continue to have capacity over the winter. Current stats are:

California: % of inpatient beds taken up: 63.7% (i.e. 36.3% of beds are available still)
Texas: % of inpatient beds taken up: 68%

California: % of ICU beds taken up: 64.5%
Texas: % of ICU beds taken up 73.8%

Also, the number of total deaths occurring in the U.S (from any cause) is currently below the 5 year average in most age categories (except 65 and older), but even in these older age categories, the current numbers are basically exactly on the average.

So on the topic of whether or not there is more, less or the same amount of death occurring compared to the last 5 years in America, the current data shows there is the same number of deaths occurring in older age groups and less deaths occurring than average in the younger age groups.

1606369996627.png

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have family throughout Texas, a few of them have had COVID, in each instance they were either asymptomatic or the symptoms were barely recognisable. None went to hospital. Of course this isn't representative of everyone, and clearly many people have been either quite sick or have died.

The situation might seem bad because the media keeps telling you it's bad multiple times a day and they also remind you of the COVID numbers multiple times a day. They don't tell you the number of cancer/heart disease/fentanyl over-doses and suicides every day.

The reality is that hospitals still have capacity and hopefully will continue to have capacity over the winter. Current stats are:

California: % of inpatient beds taken up: 63.7% (i.e. 36.3% of beds are available still)
Texas: % of inpatient beds taken up: 68%

California: % of ICU beds taken up: 64.5%
Texas: % of ICU beds taken up 73.8%

Also, the number of total deaths occurring in the U.S (from any cause) is currently below the 5 year average in most age categories (except 65 and older), but even in these older age categories, the current numbers are basically exactly on the average.

So on the topic of whether or not there is more, less or the same amount of death occurring compared to the last 5 years in America, the current data shows there is the same number of deaths occurring in older age groups and less deaths occurring than average in the younger age groups.

View attachment 18814
So is the situation good ?

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
So is the situation good ?
Adjectives like 'bad' and 'good' are not very useful when you're trying to describe a health issue.

Was life prior to covid 'good', or was it 'bad' - depends on your perspective.

All I'm saying is that there is context, of which the media generally provides very little because it is in the media's financial interests to have everyone in a panic and constantly clicking on their websites to find out "the latest covid stats".

The context (IMO) is:

- Hospitals still have capacity
- The number of deaths currently occurring in America (from all causes) is currently the same or slightly less than the last 5 years' average of deaths data. i.e. there is not a huge amount of death occurring in America right now compared to the last 5 years.
- COVID for most people is asymptomatic or symptoms akin to a mild cold virus
- Children almost never die from COVID (stats show that influenza kills more kids than covid does)
- People with existing illnesses (particularly elderly patients) are indeed at risk, although stats show that even for this category of people, survival rates are approximately 94-95%.
- Individuals should take precautions to look after themselves including social distancing, washing their hands and avoiding public places (if they believe they are at risk).

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Adjectives like 'bad' and 'good' are not very useful when you're trying to describe a health issue.

Was life prior to covid 'good', or was it 'bad' - depends on your perspective.

All I'm saying is that there is context, of which the media generally provides very little because it is in the media's financial interests to have everyone in a panic and constantly clicking on their websites to find out "the latest covid stats".

The context (IMO) is:

- Hospitals still have capacity
- The number of deaths currently occurring in America (from all causes) is currently the same or slightly less than the last 5 years' average of deaths data. i.e. there is not a huge amount of death occurring in America right now compared to the last 5 years.
- COVID for most people is asymptomatic or symptoms akin to a mild cold virus
- Children almost never die from COVID (stats show that influenza kills more kids than covid does)
- People with existing illnesses (particularly elderly patients) are indeed at risk, although stats show that even for this category of people, survival rates are approximately 94-95%.
- Individuals should take precautions to look after themselves including social distancing, washing their hands and avoiding public places (if they believe they are at risk).
There is no huge amount of death now? What a load of absolute bullshit, you don't have freezer trucks lined up with copious amounts of bodies, you continually give stats to someone how justify this virus so going off what you say it on causes harm to to 2% of the population which is still 156million people which is a fucking lot .
Now to hospitals still have capacity ok at what cost ? At what cost are covid patients clogging up the system ? Its bad enough sitting in emergency for a few hrs what would that be like with 1000s apon 1000s of people clogging the medical system?
You claim you yourself are absolutely no risk but say you are 115kgs ? At your supposed weights you would be at risk of diabetes and heart disease amongst other complications the death toll continues to rise and break records you continue to make excuses a while back you said it wasn't as bad as it was a few months ago, you are correct its much worse and continues to get worse, as the case numbers continue to rise and the death toll do you have any more bullshit?

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
There is no huge amount of death now? What a load of absolute bullshit, you don't have freezer trucks lined up with copious amounts of bodies, you continually give stats to someone how justify this virus so going off what you say it on causes harm to to 2% of the population which is still 156million people which is a fucking lot .
Now to hospitals still have capacity ok at what cost ? At what cost are covid patients clogging up the system ? Its bad enough sitting in emergency for a few hrs what would that be like with 1000s apon 1000s of people clogging the medical system?
it is true that when compared with death stats from the last 5 years, at present (November 2020), death rates for most age categories show fewer deaths occurring than over the last 5 years.

You don’t have to like this stat and you might find it odd, but nevertheless it is what the data shows.

The same data showed death rates had spiked considerably 4-5 months ago. However as of now, the total number of deaths happening in America are very ’average’ Or slightly below average.

of course we would all prefer no COVID cases, but the reality is that this is not possible. Every northern hemisphere country is having the same issue. The UK (by the way) is experiencing a higher death rate than America (per capita), yet there is very little media attention on their COVID policies.

There is no real solution apart from an eventual vaccine. Lockdowns are proven not to work (UK tried this and their death rate is even higher than America’s). There are no other measures to eliminate the virus. This is why learning to live with Covid is so important.

Also, my health right now is about as perfect as it could be for someone my age. I run a 3:50 km, bench 120, can do 15 strict chin ups, resting pulse of 43 and great blood pressure too. I have next To no chance of any serious complications (if I even manage to catch it).

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
it is true that when compared with death stats from the last 5 years, at present (November 2020), death rates for most age categories show fewer deaths occurring than over the last 5 years.
That's great still over 260,000 deaths in the us alone under a year and rising

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
That's great still over 260,000 deaths in the us alone under a year and rising
I’m not saying death is ok. I’m saying death is inevitable because nobody has a good solution to Covid that minimses health risks while keeping economies open and that doesn’t take away fundamental human rights.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
oh dear, why is there a sharp drop off in ALL excess deaths on each of the curves?
did you pass elementary math? If so, you'd have some basic knowledge on how to read/interpret a trend line.

stay in your lane.

link Weekly number of deaths (from all causes)

link: Weekly counts of deaths by age group

link: Weekly number of deaths Comparing excess deaths including/excluding COVID-19

link: Weekly number of deaths (from all causes) - Comparing predicted (weighted) and reported (unweighted) estimates

Last edited:

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The coronavirus is just media driven hype, which is being used to collapse the world economy and pave the way for the “big reset“

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
oh dear, why is there a sharp drop off in ALL excess deaths on each of the curves?
did you pass elementary math? If so, you'd have some basic knowledge on how to read/interpret a trend line.

stay in your lane.

link Weekly number of deaths (from all causes)

link: Weekly counts of deaths by age group

link: Weekly number of deaths Comparing excess deaths including/excluding COVID-19

link: Weekly number of deaths (from all causes) - Comparing predicted (weighted) and reported (unweighted) estimates
Regardless of the reasons why excess deaths are currently low by historic standards, I simply pointed out that the media’s narrative of mass deaths is not consistent with the data which shows that when compared to the last 5 years there is not a significant amount of death happening in America.

Last edited:

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Regardless of the reasons why excess deaths are currently low by historic standards, I simply pointed out that the media’s narrative of mass deaths is not consistent with the data which shows that when compared to the last 5 years there is not a significant amount of death happening in America.
270,000 deaths in 8 months and counting is pretty significant

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Americans have gone soft. Can't concentrate for 5 mins let alone isolate or wear masks or social distance, can't even possibly think of others and miss Thanksgiving holiday festivities.

The Corona virus pandemic has been such an inconvenience. Let's continue on as is.

The vaccine Trump invented is coming out soon.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Americans have gone soft. Can't concentrate for 5 mins let alone isolate or wear masks or social distance, can't even possibly think of others and miss Thanksgiving holiday festivities.

The Corona virus pandemic has been such an inconvenience. Let's continue on as is.

The vaccine Trump invented is coming out soon.
Masks don't necessarily eliminate the virus or reduce transmission of the virus.

Multiple northern hemisphere countries and local regions within various countries implemented mask mandates months ago, but have since seen increases (and not decreases) in virus numbers.

I think it's a mischaracterisation to sarcastically infer that Americans dont care about death and suffering. Clearly they do. They just don't see that government should be able to tell them whether they can earn a living by running their business, whether they can pray to their god and whether they can or can't have their family over.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Masks don't necessarily eliminate the virus or reduce transmission of the virus.
No one said masks eliminate the virus ,but they do reduce transmission along with putting other measures in place like social distancing and regular sanitising. Its not that hard to figure out all these little things can go a long way ,but places like America i think its to little to late,
Prevention is always better than cure

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I always see you making updated posts like this.

is it over 80,000 just as the Jews say it was 6 million?

Status
Not open for further replies.