Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I find it strange that Daniel Andrews still has his job. They have a few people catching the virus every day, yet somehow there is a curfew in place.

I wonder which 'science' states that curfews are required when there are fewer than 20 people in a state with more than 5 million people catching a virus.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I find it strange that Daniel Andrews still has his job. They have a few people catching the virus every day, yet somehow there is a curfew in place.

I wonder which 'science' states that curfews are required when there are fewer than 20 people in a state with more than 5 million people catching a virus.
It's more to do with them trying to meet their state carbon emissions targets ;)

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Dandrews is the ultimate target of both sides right now. Half hate him for not locking down early enough and the other half hate him for locking down in general.

This is a lesson of not sitting in the middle.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Speaking of Dan, think about his jacket as we move into warmer weather (thanks to the Shovel):

Daniel Andrews’ North Face jacket applies for JobKeeper after being stood down for 6 months

Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews’ North Face jacket has applied for the JobKeeper wage subsidy after being told it is no longer required to work until April 2021. The jacket has been noticeably absent from Andrews’ press conferences in recent days, and has been the subject of rumours about its future on the Victorian Government payroll.

Andrews confirmed the news at a press conference today. He stated that given the economic decline brought on by the global pandemic, the government needed to reduce its wages bill by standing down unnecessary warm clothing items until autumn next year.

The North Face jacket expressed a mix of emotions when contacted for comment. It said that “On one hand it’s not a big surprise – I have friends in the industry who have been stood down this year. But I’ve got a jacket wife and young jacket children to look after – and the JobKeeper rate will reduce next week. I’ll probably apply for an early release of my superannuation just to be safe”.

The jacket also expressed disappointment that it could not leave Australia under current restrictions. “I’d love to work for a politician in Europe or North America during their winter, but I guess that’s not going to happen without a definitive job offer”.

Andrews sought to reassure concerned Victorians that his North Face jacket was not permanently laid off. “Let me be clear – this is only a temporary measure. My North Face jacket will be back with me at my daily press conferences from April next year. I can also confirm that my trousers, shirt and suit jacket will remain employed. After everything Victorians have been through over the past 12 months, the last thing they need is me delivering my press conferences in my birthday suit”.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Dandrews is the ultimate target of both sides right now. Half hate him for not locking down early enough and the other half hate him for locking down in general.

This is a lesson of not sitting in the middle.
I don't see why there needs to be any political sides when it comes to the assessment of Victoria's handling of COVID.

It's atrocious regardless of which side of politics you are on.

The only thing worse than the management of it has been the subsequent cover up and refusal to answer questions and pretend that no one knows who was responsible for anything.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Second wave hitting Europe.

At first glance, the outlook doesn't seem too grim. While reported coronavirus cases are reaching record highs as Europe endures a second wave, deaths are still well below their peak in April.

But experts warn the signs point to more tragedy ahead this northern winter.

Europe's hospitals are now better equipped for treating COVID-19. Measures such as social distancing and mask-wearing have become the norm and the latest spread of infection has been primarily among younger people, who are less likely to die if they contract the virus.

Yet colder weather is beginning to set in and the flu season is approaching. The infection is spreading to older populations, and there are signs that people are growing tired of adhering to the restrictions.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are we all sick of those travellers pleading to come home to Australia. They have had no the to get back but complain .. why did they travel to start with as we all knew of the covid19 issue from January. They need to be whipped publicly not brought home at tax payers expense.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Turning now to Argentina, and a timely reminder on Zoom ettiquite.

Argentinian politician ‘ashamed’ after he sucks woman’s breast on Zoom meeting
A politician says he’s “very ashamed” after being caught engaging in a sexual act on a Zoom call broadcast to his country’s congress.

Phoebe Loomes
dollyybird

10 comments
SEPTEMBER 26, 20202:09PM

An Argentinian lawmaker has said he’s “very ashamed” after being caught sucking a woman’s breast on a Zoom call broadcast to the country’s congress.

An Argentinian politician says he’s “very ashamed” after being caught sucking a woman’s breast on a Zoom call broadcast to the country’s congress.
Juan Emilio Ameri, a married father of three, was suspended from Congress and has since resigned, after he was caught fondling and kissing his girlfriend’s breast during a remote meeting with the country’s Chamber of Deputies.
Argentina has been holding its Congress session via Zoom since the coronavirus pandemic — but Mr Emilio, 47, from Salta, sparked outrage and shock when his partner joined his session on Thursday.
As the Zoom conference was broadcast throughout the lower house, a woman was seen approaching Emilio, and sitting on his lap.
Mr Ameri then appeared to be touching the woman’s body, before he suddenly pulled down her top and started sucking on her breast.
RELATED: Aussies choose South America over home
The woman approached Juan Emilio Ameri and sat on his lap during the Congress meeting.

The woman approached Juan Emilio Ameri and sat on his lap during the Congress meeting.Source:Supplied
The politician has now been suspended.

The politician has now been suspended.Source:Supplied
RELATED: Firestorm over female reporter’s clothes
The session was interrupted by the Lower House Speaker Sergio Massa, from the country’s ruling coalition, who announced he wanted to report a “serious offence” committed by the deputy.
“There was a situation that has nothing to do with the normal decorum and operation of this house,” Mr Massa said, before calling for Mr Ameri’s immediate suspension, and the creation of a commission to investigate expelling him.

Mr Ameri, a deputy from Frente de Todo, said he wasn’t aware he was being broadcast, and he thought he’d been disconnected from the Zoom conference. He claimed he’d been disconnected and then reconnected automatically, without his knowledge.
“I’m very ashamed, (I feel) very bad,” he told Radio Con Vos. “Here, throughout the interior of the country, the (internet) connection is very bad.
“We were in session, (but) the internet dropped (out). My partner came out of the bathroom, I asked … how the prostheses were and I gave her a kiss, because 10 days ago she had a breast implant operation.”
Local reports said Mr Ameri was estranged from his wife and identified the girlfriend in the video as one of his political advisers.
Juan Emilio Ameri. Picture: Twitter

Juan Emilio Ameri. Picture: TwitterSource:Twitter
Mr Ameri later announced in a tearful interview with Todo Noticias he’d resigned.
“It was serious, really. I take responsibility. I’m very ashamed,” he said.
The incident has made international headlines and quickly went viral on social media.
Mr Massa criticised Mr Ameri, saying the incident had “discredited the entire political class”. He said other politicians had behaved badly during the Zoom sessions, citing examples including people drinking whiskey or falling asleep.
“If we do not act quickly, people lose respect for politics,” he said.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Isn't the Andrews dude the one forcing gay tranny stuff in schools a couple years back?

that's the thing about the left, they will eat their own eventually. Stay right and stay right. We will back you, like we do Mel Gibson, the Don, Putin etc

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Turning now to Argentina, and a timely reminder on Zoom ettiquite.

Argentinian politician ‘ashamed’ after he sucks woman’s breast on Zoom meeting
A politician says he’s “very ashamed” after being caught engaging in a sexual act on a Zoom call broadcast to his country’s congress.

Phoebe Loomes
dollyybird

10 comments
SEPTEMBER 26, 20202:09PM

An Argentinian lawmaker has said he’s “very ashamed” after being caught sucking a woman’s breast on a Zoom call broadcast to the country’s congress.

An Argentinian politician says he’s “very ashamed” after being caught sucking a woman’s breast on a Zoom call broadcast to the country’s congress.
Juan Emilio Ameri, a married father of three, was suspended from Congress and has since resigned, after he was caught fondling and kissing his girlfriend’s breast during a remote meeting with the country’s Chamber of Deputies.
Argentina has been holding its Congress session via Zoom since the coronavirus pandemic — but Mr Emilio, 47, from Salta, sparked outrage and shock when his partner joined his session on Thursday.
As the Zoom conference was broadcast throughout the lower house, a woman was seen approaching Emilio, and sitting on his lap.
Mr Ameri then appeared to be touching the woman’s body, before he suddenly pulled down her top and started sucking on her breast.
RELATED: Aussies choose South America over home
The woman approached Juan Emilio Ameri and sat on his lap during the Congress meeting.

The woman approached Juan Emilio Ameri and sat on his lap during the Congress meeting.Source:Supplied
The politician has now been suspended.

The politician has now been suspended.Source:Supplied
RELATED: Firestorm over female reporter’s clothes
The session was interrupted by the Lower House Speaker Sergio Massa, from the country’s ruling coalition, who announced he wanted to report a “serious offence” committed by the deputy.
“There was a situation that has nothing to do with the normal decorum and operation of this house,” Mr Massa said, before calling for Mr Ameri’s immediate suspension, and the creation of a commission to investigate expelling him.

Mr Ameri, a deputy from Frente de Todo, said he wasn’t aware he was being broadcast, and he thought he’d been disconnected from the Zoom conference. He claimed he’d been disconnected and then reconnected automatically, without his knowledge.
“I’m very ashamed, (I feel) very bad,” he told Radio Con Vos. “Here, throughout the interior of the country, the (internet) connection is very bad.
“We were in session, (but) the internet dropped (out). My partner came out of the bathroom, I asked … how the prostheses were and I gave her a kiss, because 10 days ago she had a breast implant operation.”
Local reports said Mr Ameri was estranged from his wife and identified the girlfriend in the video as one of his political advisers.
Juan Emilio Ameri. Picture: Twitter

Juan Emilio Ameri. Picture: TwitterSource:Twitter
Mr Ameri later announced in a tearful interview with Todo Noticias he’d resigned.
“It was serious, really. I take responsibility. I’m very ashamed,” he said.
The incident has made international headlines and quickly went viral on social media.
Mr Massa criticised Mr Ameri, saying the incident had “discredited the entire political class”. He said other politicians had behaved badly during the Zoom sessions, citing examples including people drinking whiskey or falling asleep.
“If we do not act quickly, people lose respect for politics,” he said.
Well politicians are supposed to keep abreast of the times aren’t they? :grimacing:

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
An acquaintance of mine told me this morning his grandma caught Covid. The hospital sent her home. She passed it to his grandad. My acquaintances grandad then died because his grandma gave it to his grandad.

I find it strange the hospital sent her home given she lived with his grandad.

FYI his grandma is now recovered. She was in her 90’s, his now dead grandad was late 80’s.

Status
Not open for further replies.