Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
1. Qld regards the borders porous between ACT/NSW and it is the same as some shires in Victoria who haven't had any C19. Classed all together as one area that could be easily infected if there is no hard border.

2. Scomo's culpability
"It is the Chief Health Officer's decision to make.

"The Prime Minister at the time said to me that he had not gone public, but Mr Speaker, I knew that he would go public.

"To use the tragedy of this personal family is disgusting Mr Speaker."

An emotional letter drafted by Ms Caisip was tabled by the LNP Opposition in Queensland Parliament.

It had previously been sent to Ms Palaszczuk.

Earlier, Mr Morrison told radio station 4BC he had called the Premier to intervene in the case.

"It's not about politicians. It's not about elections. The only thing that matters today is that Sarah can be with her 11-year-old sister and her mother while they mourn the passing of their father and husband at Mt Gravatt today.

"This is a heartbreaking case.

"This is the last opportunity to say farewell to her dad.

"Surely in the midst of all of this heartache in COVID and everything that everyone's going through, surely just this once, this can be done."
We have a PM who says just this once let her attend. We cant have rules broken just this once for any one in this way.

"Just this once"..we get a huge cluster from this. Similar to the Vic hotel outbreak that re-started all their deaths.

If here's anyone left in Australia who doesn't think this is pure electioneering for political reasons seizing upon an opportunistic gain out of a family's suffering, I'd be very surprised.
Dont forget that scummo and dutton would not let a refugee woman fly to Australia to have an abortion (because she was raped while under our watch at Nauru), instead they sent her to PNG where its illegal to have an abortion but yet these two fucktards , MONSTERS are speaking about compassion

There currebt actions are nothing more than political which shows how much low life scum they truly are. Using someone's grief for cheap political point scoring but I guess the Apple doesn't fall far from the tree, after all war criminal John Howard claimed refugees chucked their kids into the water for an election

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I've been looking at the Worldometer stats. Northern Hemisphere countries going into a second wave (UK, Italy and Spain etc). All have had increases in infections for a while, but have had almost zero increase in deaths. Something seems different.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
PM should have a heart and go into bat for these thousands of Aussies who need his help to get back from Coronavirus. Forget politics and creating a circus at a funeral and turn your attention to your real job.

'They've forgotten us': Thousands of Australians stranded overseas

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/australians-stuck-abroad-covid/index.html

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
All for a virus with a 99.4% survival rate.

of the half a percent who die, who died WIZ the virus, not from it.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I've been looking at the Worldometer stats. Northern Hemisphere countries going into a second wave (UK, Italy and Spain etc). All have had increases in infections for a while, but have had almost zero increase in deaths. Something seems different.
they stopped including thangs like car accidents in stats.

im a european e4xpert

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lag effect. Generally death comes about 3 - 6 weeks after infection so when you see an increase in cases then deaths don't increase until later.

But it's also possibly due to heavier testing. Have to wait and see.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
All for a virus with a 99.4% survival rate.

of the half a percent who die, who died WIZ the virus, not from it.
Quite ridiculous really. That's only like 45 million people. Nothing at all.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
This is a piss take, but some interesting points...

Covid-19 is an AMAZING virus. Key features:
- cured influenza, measles, heart disease, cancers and most other diseases and abolished 'death from natural causes'...

- it’s a smart virus, highly virulent in parks, gyms, churches and schools, the gym and on beaches...

- has no effect on the thousands of employees who work at Kmart, BigW, Target, Bunnings.... and especially in liquor stores...

- the virus seems to target mostly mum and dad businesses and barbershops, who always have much fewer customers walk through their doors...

- the virus also targets our food chain, since it managed to close meat packing companies, and forced farmers to discard their harvest in record time... (USA)

- construction and supermarket workers have a natural immunity, but would obviously still need to be vaccinated...

- also, police uniforms hold the cure for the virus... no social distancing, not even masks are needed, as long as you wear a police uniform...

- it doesn't affect children, except for a few who got it... same with animals...

- also, imposing mandatory cloth masks to prevent too much oxygen to people's brains, and spraying beaches and streets with bleach, as well as spraying chemical airborne disinfectants from airplanes over densely populated areas have been known to do miracles for people's lungs affected by this strange virus...

- we would need millions of ventilators... unless we suddenly won't need any ventilators...

- and we need to commandeer all private hospitals to keep them open solely for the avalanche of virus victims, and the avalanche of TikTok videos by overworked hero doctors and nurses...

- categorized as an 'invisible enemy', one that can never be definitively beaten and always lurking in the shadows, much like the war on terror...

- it loves New York too - a really cosmopolitan virus...

- there is a Celebrity Strain, and a highly Deadly Strain of the virus...

- even more amazing, in Sweden you can hug your grand kids, yet the UK strain forbids that...

- in India alone, the killer virus managed to lock 1.3 billion people in their homes indefinitely, after decimating 1000 of them, within just a few short months...

- every loss of life from this virus is tragic... however, pushing 150-500 million people into starvation worldwide is a necessary price to pay...

- experts have pointed out that this seasonal virus could easily be defeated by forever abolishing families, individual privacy, untraceable cash money, and all small independent farms and businesses...

- we all may have it by now, yet although asymptomatic, we can still infect people and test negative... or test positive... and our antibodies may, or may not give immunity...

- only a heavily government funded, hastily tested and mandatory vaccine can save us by injecting it in 7 billion people, every year, for a constantly mutating virus, the particular strain of which has long been history...

- also, be careful not to spread fake news or dangerous misinformation online about this virus... make sure you leave that to the professionals over at CBC, CTV, Global and the rest of the reliable mainstream media journalists around the world.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
of those 30 mil would have died anyway

u should join an0malys facebook group and they have the lowdown on this
Ahhh yes. The failed rap artist turned die hard Trump Supporter and conspiracy theorist. I'm sure I'll find totally balanced analysis on there especially when he starts most of his videos with, "this video isn't a conspiracy theory but.."

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score

"We have had more infection than we thought. And hospitals have coped extraordinarily well," said Professor Elizabeth Gardiner, head of the Australian National University's cancer department and a co-author of the paper.

That put into question whether stricter lockdowns, such as Melbourne's current stage four restrictions, were necessary, she said.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

"We have had more infection than we thought. And hospitals have coped extraordinarily well," said Professor Elizabeth Gardiner, head of the Australian National University's cancer department and a co-author of the paper.

That put into question whether stricter lockdowns, such as Melbourne's current stage four restrictions, were necessary, she said.
Yeah but if you read the rest of the article, the study did have its limitations, particularly in its survey numbers, which are called into question by other scientists. Additionally it is has not been peer reviewed or appeared in any academic journal.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah but if you read the rest of the article, the study did have its limitations, particularly in its survey numbers, which are called into question by other scientists. Additionally it is has not been peer reviewed or appeared in any academic journal.
yeah i just found it an interesting read and the results of the study have been replicated in studies elsewhere around the world to varying degrees (that infection counts are lower than the actual number of people who have contracted the virus).

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
USA past the 200,000 death toll
Pretty bad, but when you add some context I don't think they have been the worst at managing the virus by any stretch of the imagination.

Vietnam are still claiming they have had 1,063 infections and just 15 deaths LOL!!! I have family in Vietnam and needless to say - communist governments don't take too kindly to any of their health authorities telling the truth.

China are still claiming they have had 85,202 infections and just 4,634 deaths.

I don't think countries like India have any clue how many people have died from the virus. Much of the country is third world and with 1 billion people, the loss of tens of thousands hardly registers on anyone's radars.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
This resonates with me

- No matter how hard the death of anyone under 50 is spun, it is so vanishingly rare among Australia's body count as to be close to zero. If you are a woman, it is zero. In Australia there is a far greater statistical chance that someone under 60 will die in a car accident.

- Of the 816 Australian deaths the vast majority, 606, were in residential aged care. So if you are going to throw a ring of steel around anything it should be around aged care homes.

- COVID-19 mostly kills the elderly, especially if they have an existing chronic disease. That is not an argument to let them die but it should guide government responses.

COVID-19 is nowhere near as deadly as the Spanish Flu, which killed an estimated 50 million, mostly young, people worldwide. Fifteen thousand of those deaths were in Australia, in a population that was then just 5 million. At the time of writing, COVID-19 had killed about 930,000 people globally. Here 816 have died in a population now pushing towards 26 million.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty bad, but when you add some context I don't think they have been the worst at managing the virus by any stretch of the imagination.
It would take stretching your imagination to breaking point to believe the Trump administration has not completely and utterly mishandled this virus.

Case in point -
Trump supporters attending a campaign rally at a manufacturing plant in Henderson, Nev., on Sunday.

Trump supporters attending a campaign rally at a manufacturing plant in Henderson, Nev., on Sunday.Credit…

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
It would take stretching your imagination to breaking point to believe the Trump administration has not completely and utterly mishandled this virus.

Case in point -
Trump supporters attending a campaign rally at a manufacturing plant in Henderson, Nev., on Sunday.

Trump supporters attending a campaign rally at a manufacturing plant in Henderson, Nev., on Sunday.Credit…
I started my post by saying the US death toll is pretty bad. No doubt we can not describe the U.S as doing 'well'. I also think some of Trump's comments and narratives around Covid have not been helpful, so of course I find fault with him too.

But I think far too much, the outcome for the U.S. is attributed entirely to Trump without discussing why (for example) New York has the WORST results of any place on earth.

However, once you get past the initial assessment of doing well or bad - the question is why they didn't do well. A lot of the actual policy and response to the virus was lead by counties and states who have direct response for health.

Take NY as an example - a significant amount of NY's disasterous outcomes was Andrew Cuomo sending elderly people who tested positive back into aged care centres to further infect other elderly.

Status
Not open for further replies.