Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Need real action on this. Obviously there are enough selfish bastards in society who can easily justify themselves over such stupidity as hoarding toilet paper rolls that it creates a shortage. Imagine how that level of selfishness will effect things that really matter (and arguably already is in the case of things like paracetamol). The justification of "first in best dressed" is fundamentally flawed, as the best chance everyone has of survival (let alone progress) is cooperation. If our ability to cooperate is so intrinsically broken as to truly justify this kind of selfishness, than we might as well give up on the whole thing right now. Apocalypse movies are fiction, reality is that no small group of people (let alone person on their own) has the capacity or ability to survive on their own.

There is a story going around of some young girls visiting old people to make sure they have enough toilet paper. It would be worth publicly shaming idiots who now have enough toilet paper to last them more than two months, except there are too many such idiots. Maybe stick to the ones who have a years supply. I'm talking half-flippantly, but at the same time if people are allowed to exercise such stupidity in this way it will end up effecting things that are much more dangerous for others than a toilet paper shortage.

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Got my hands on some today. Got 48 rolls. Had to line up outside Woolies at 6:45am and was first in line. Was quite a bit there and they had a policy of 4 lots per person but only took 2 24 packs. Could have stocked up but didn't want to be one of those selfish pricks!!

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Call in the army to shoot on sight any excessive toilet paper buyers , the normal people can go about their daily routine and there will be a few less idiots

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The two women who were fighting yesterday over toilet paper in Chullora are both facing court. Hope they cop more than a toilet roll across the wrists.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The two women who were fighting yesterday over toilet paper in Chullora are both facing court. Hope they cop more than a toilet roll across the wrists.
What a shitty situation, what's a skid-mark between friends

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate to say it but anyone who don't load up on toilet paper is just a dope. We are going to be confined soon to homes

I saw a guy walking through shops today with a pack of toilet paper.. was gonna thump him for it.

Last edited:

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I hate to say it but anyone who don't load up on toilet paper is just a dope. We are going to be confined soon to homes
You got it back to front morons caused this problem?
Why did you stock up for can you answer the question?

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Toilet paper makers will have a surge now, but at some point when the panic dies down, people will realise they all have enough of it to last for ages, so there will also be a slump for them at some point. People arent shitting more because of corona

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think I found a cure, lots of lemon or lime cause that’s the only way you can fix a corona

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think a lot of homes will be Tpeed as people try and offload the stock they don't need

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was nearly banned 2hen I said that Chinese grind my gears
Well I stand by what i said before
I have developed a deep seeded hate for those primitive ***** who still persist in eating exotic animals
Then proceed to fuck the rest of the world

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You got it back to front morons caused this problem?
Why did you stock up for can you answer the question?
Of course I can answer. Most level headed people are preparing for being contained in their homes, to limit the time they need to leave their homes. Toilet paper is one of those necessary items. It dont go out of date and even if this coronavirus is not as bad as experts say, you will still use it eventually.

For those that don't buy toilet paper now, can you imagine a big outbreak of coronavirus (looks likely) then you have to pop out to shops to get a silly item line toilet paper and end up catching the virus because other bafoons with the virus are not staying home and also out to get toilet paper.

Get these sorts of items now so you can limit your need to leave your house.

Dont be a dope, world experts are saying pull no punches in your response. Why not stock up on essential items .

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I saw a few friends post this earlier and it's 100% awesome. But I should point out that it's a motivational thing rather than a factual thing. He says, "I've worked on infectious diseases" then says "Believe me, facts". But notice how he never references anything? He doesn't actually provide any backup for his facts. Being a scientist and a Doctor he knows that actual evidence takes place over anecdotal evidence, but also that people will believe anecdotal evidence so he uses anecdotal evidence in the form of "I'm a doctor, just believe me". Even though he hasn't actually worked on the disease at all.

I point this out with hinderance. As I said, what he said is 100% awesome because it's about removing fear. But unfortunately the ones actually working on the virus including the WHO, John's Hopkins University, Harvard. These experts are saying that a minimum of 480,000 people will die globally. That between 50,000 and 250,000 will die in Australia. These people are also saying not to panic. But that the FACTS say that these deaths will happen.

The reason they say, "Don't panic" is because people become irrational when they panic. Yes, if we don't come up with a solution then almost everyone in Australia will lose at least one friend or relative to the Coronavirus. But hoarding toilet paper even though there's no supply problem. Hoarding face masks even though they do nothing to protect you from the virus. These things don't help and they're the stuff of panic.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Iam not a doctor or a mathematician but should the amount of shit paper you keep be proportional to the amount of shitting one would do
So wouldn’t you need loads of food to do loads of shits ?
So shouldn’t people be panic buying food at the same rate as shit paper?

Status
Not open for further replies.