Status
Not open for further replies.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The guards should of been given extra temporary powers like we had when OPEC was in Sydney.

Plus they shouldn't of hired pussy "guards" which more than likely would of been Indians who are only static guards.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Police involvement in these sorts of things is a lot more complex than people realise. Police are an enormous resource on the tax payers. They are a required tax expense but a single officer costs a lot. Paying them to guard a hotel when you can sub it out to another company for a fraction of the cost is just logical. Putting police officers there also means that they're diverted from their other duties. You're not going to hire officers just for this one task.

It's a real issue in the security industry. They recently released new rules on police responding to alarms that requires that police only be dispatched by an A Grade rated monitoring centre, and only dispatched with actual confirmation of a crime in progress. And any security company that accidentally breaks those rules multiple times (like sending police to false alarms) gets black listed meaning that police will consider any alarms from that company to be low priority. A black listed monitoring centre basically get screwed.

All these new rules come in because police resources are drawn thin and response times from police are getting longer and longer putting lives at risk.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yep that's the key takeaway from this, especially given that we're facing a pandemic that no one has faced before nor is there a proper set of rules of how to deal with it and the fact that scientists are finding out new things as they go along.

Have to edit this, except for Trump. He's willfully harming his people because it's affecting his re-election chances. Hes a POS
Must be a Republican thing as Bush willfully killed his own people too.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The guards should of been given extra temporary powers like we had when OPEC was in Sydney.

Plus they shouldn't of hired pussy "guards" which more than likely would of been Indians who are only static guards.
They kind of have enough power already. Legally a security guard can do a citizens arrest if someone is breaking the law.

But yeah, that's another problem. So many security guards that don't speak a word of English.

Don't think that was the problem here though. The problem was that the security guards weren't given proper instructions. That and they got a bit too horny.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Police involvement in these sorts of things is a lot more complex than people realise. Police are an enormous resource on the tax payers. They are a required tax expense but a single officer costs a lot. Paying them to guard a hotel when you can sub it out to another company for a fraction of the cost is just logical. Putting police officers there also means that they're diverted from their other duties. You're not going to hire officers just for this one task.

It's a real issue in the security industry. They recently released new rules on police responding to alarms that requires that police only be dispatched by an A Grade rated monitoring centre, and only dispatched with actual confirmation of a crime in progress. And any security company that accidentally breaks those rules multiple times (like sending police to false alarms) gets black listed meaning that police will consider any alarms from that company to be low priority. A black listed monitoring centre basically get screwed.

All these new rules come in because police resources are drawn thin and response times from police are getting longer and longer putting lives at risk.
At some places I have managed before, we had to hire police. They were Riot Control (as not to interrupt normal police activity) and cost us $130p/h per officer.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
They kind of have enough power already. Legally a security guard can do a citizens arrest if someone is breaking the law.

But yeah, that's another problem. So many security guards that don't speak a word of English.

Don't think that was the problem here though. The problem was that the security guards weren't given proper instructions. That and they got a bit too horny.
Most people don't know that a guard has the exact same powers as a civilian.

But with special circumstances and without going into details, some of us were given more powers or more "leeway"

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
At some places I have managed before, we had to hire police. They were Riot Control (as not to interrupt normal police activity) and cost us $130p/h per officer.
Yep. They're not cheap. And that's the subsidised rate. You pay $130p/h and the taxpayer pays the other $100p/h

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Most people don't know that a guard has the exact same powers as a civilian.

But with special circumstances and without going into details, some of us were given more powers or more "leeway"
We had a pub manager who would use the old, "Take them outside"

Which had different meanings depending where they were. If you were inside then it meant to throw them out and block re-entry. If they were already outside and he said it again, it meant they did something really bad and needed a trip to the alley.

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep that's the key takeaway from this, especially given that we're facing a pandemic that no one has faced before nor is there a proper set of rules of how to deal with it and the fact that scientists are finding out new things as they go along.

Have to edit this, except for Trump. He's willfully harming his people because it's affecting his re-election chances. Hes a POS
Didnt Queensland Labour have an election during the pandemic?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
We had a pub manager who would use the old, "Take them outside"

Which had different meanings depending where they were. If you were inside then it meant to throw them out and block re-entry. If they were already outside and he said it again, it meant they did something really bad and needed a trip to the alley.
The good old 86...

Goes back to Mob run Vegas. 8 miles out, 6 feet deep lol

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Second paragraph hit the nail on the head.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Second paragraph hit the nail on the head.
You know me, i call it as I see it. It's not racist if it's the truth. Not saying it was only Indians that were pussies and a liability to the rest of my crew but every Indian I dealt with were pussies and I put them on Carpark and perimeter patrol, to protect my boys, the patrons and the client.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Didnt Queensland Labour have an election during the pandemic?
I believe they did but with the proper precautions taken they didn't get an outbreak.

Let me make it clear, this is day by day management. Because of the the many variances and unknowns you can't be too confident of success of planning ahead.

Before the Victorian outbreak, it seemed that Victoria had handled this better than every other state but just one variable changed all that.

Other states are susceptible to that same anomaly and no amount of planning is going to stop things slipping through the cracks eg those three girls who crossed the Qld border and passed it on to others.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You know me, i call it as I see it. It's not racist if it's the truth. Not saying it was only Indians that were pussies and a liability to the rest of my crew but every Indian I dealt with were pussies and I put them on Carpark and perimeter patrol, to protect my boys, the patrons and the client.

Its a result of profits before results, ie unregulated capatilism.

Give capitalists a free reign and they'll have kids in the mines again.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

These two articles explain why Victoria’s Government and Andrews as head of that government must face responsibility for what’s happening in Victoria at the moment..they cannot escape blame..

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What do Indians have to do with this? Wasn’t a major factor guards taking money to let people out for the day.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
What do Indians have to do with this? Wasn’t a major factor guards taking money to let people out for the day.
Might be nothing. Just a good example of weak guards that helped cause this bullshit. Because they were un-tendered, more than likely they got the cheapest company and they would be the cheapest company because they pay Indians 8-12 dollars cash per hour.

Just commenting on my 14 years in the industry that they aren't suited to be decent guards due to the reasons I have already mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.