Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
And most of these so called flogs were frontline workers, fighting the Covid 19 etc.
Yeah some of them are, what’s your point? It’s a 12 month wage freeze. It’s intended to keep people in a job and the cash will saved will be used to generate jobs for other people with less

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What’s doing with these flops protesting the wage freeze.... wtf. There’s so many people that have lost jobs and so many people that have taken massive cuts in wage and these flops are having a cry about a 12 month wage freeze.. Farout .
Not everyone is protesting it.

From my understanding. The biggest problem for one sector is by freezing the pay. It is essentially freezing the award negotiations.

The NSW public sector is far behind things like super annuation and shift penalties/entitlements. Ie. Currently an emergency service employee can do three 12 hr shifts finishing at 3am and be rostered on to start another shift 10hrs later (1pm that day)...

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm waiting for NZ to open up and crowds allowed for the Union so I can go watch my All Blacks play in Eden Park.

PS would absolutely love to meet the family of my donor over there too.
Come to Wellington for a holiday **** we can ride electric scooters and drink overpriced beer

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

From my understanding. The biggest problem for one sector is by freezing the pay. It is essentially freezing the award negotiations.

The NSW public sector is far behind things like super annuation and shift penalties/entitlements. Ie. Currently an emergency service employee can do three 12 hr shifts finishing at 3am and be rostered on to start another shift 10hrs later (1pm that day)...
Awards systems are messed up throughout public and private sector and thank goodness there is a spot light on it now and tons of work being done to eradicate all the complexities.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah some of them are, what’s your point? It’s a 12 month wage freeze. It’s intended to keep people in a job and the cash will saved will be used to generate jobs for other people with less
Pretty sure nurses etc will still have a job & jobs created.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What’s doing with these flops protesting the wage freeze.... wtf. There’s so many people that have lost jobs and so many people that have taken massive cuts in wage and these flops are having a cry about a 12 month wage freeze.. Farout .
It’s amazing isn’t it. Job guarantees a $1000 cash payment and they still complain. What covid19 have they really done compared to other nations. It’s just opportunistic rubbish. Imagine the overtime they’ve been working also. It will probably be there biggest year to date salary ever.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Pretty sure nurses etc will still have a job & jobs created.
Not if there isn’t enough cash. And there’s more than just nurses in the public sector... it’s a fkn 12 month wage freeze... there’s people taking 50% wage cuts and these guys are whinging about not getting a raise

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Public sector behind in superannuation?? Are you sure? Most public sector workers are on the most generous super schemes imaginable, always have been.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Public sector behind in superannuation?? Are you sure? Most public sector workers are on the most generous super schemes imaginable, always have been.
Yeh. I can get the comparative charts between the states for specific emergency services. But honestly cbf hahaha

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeh. I can get the comparative charts between the states for specific emergency services. But honestly cbf hahaha
Don’t go that far mate. Every public sector worker I know is on above award superannuation. The older employees are on some of the most ludicrous schemes you’ve ever heard of. Trust me, they’ll retire comfortably and early if there smart with there money.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not if there isn’t enough cash. And there’s more than just nurses in the public sector... it’s a fkn 12 month wage freeze... there’s people taking 50% wage cuts and these guys are whinging about not getting a raise
Agreed. If i said to all these health guys at the peak of the pandemic you'll get a 1k bump and a double pay rise the following year and remain employed they would have fallen over each other to sign up

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ve been complaining about not getting a raise since I turned 55.

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

I'm a nurse and I for one think it is a really bad look that they are protesting and am embarrassed by it. I told our local union rep the same and he laughed at me. Told I thought that we have nothing to complain about when so many people had lost their jobs and that it is the sacrifice of a few for the good of the mamy. He told me that I was an idiot and that people like me were why nurses never got a fair go.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm a nurse and I for one think it is a really bad look that they are protesting and am embarrassed by it. I told our local union rep the same and he laughed at me. Told I thought that we have nothing to complain about when so many people had lost their jobs and that it is the sacrifice of a few for the good of the mamy. He told me that I was an idiot and that people like me were why nurses never got a fair go.
Yup. I said the same to my union. Alot more of us have threatened to pull our payments if they push the matter too hard.

I get they have to put up a fight. But to a point.

Happy for a freeze. But other aspects of the award should still be up for negotiation

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
0 new cases 13th in a row.!!

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree with your sentiments , I’m a lucky one and income and job not affected but many did and not a good look. If there were not forced shutdowns and the virus had been more out of control , there would be widespread support

Status
Not open for further replies.