1. Be cool and Register to set your username and display picture get the full features of the site. Talk Bulldogs NRL News, match reviews, live score, ladder, injuries, player signings and team performance.

Coronavirus.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by KambahOne, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Mr 95%

Mr 95% Kennel Immortal Gilded

I’ll take the lies part definitely..but not sure about the lab theory..more like those filthy wet markets..

2. CaptainJackson

CaptainJackson Kennel Immortal Gilded

As rodzilla said, trumps just deflecting his own gross incompetence and mishandling of covid19, by attacking China in these recent days.

But an investigation does need to occur. Not so much into the origin into it but rather the wrong steps taken by China in initially handling it and lying about it and learning what could have be done better for the benefit of coming up with a better plan for any such future scenarios.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. KambahOne

KambahOne Kennel Regular

Deflection has been Trump's MO since taking office so no big surprise.

Do you honestly believe China will abide by any findings from the investigation, particularly if it finds fault with that country? Of course it won't, it will deflect blame and nothing will change.

I think it's highly hypocritical of the west, and in particular the US, to demand an investigation into something that they did to us when the west has been responsible for numerous incidents causing massive loss of life and wealth to others? We have no moral right, really we don't.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. south of heaven

south of heaven Kennel Immortal Premium Member

The information about a major pandemic on this scale has been out for over 10 years .every single country had time to prepare ,I'm pretty sure most people know China is not the most honest or trustworthy country to belive. Trumps has pretty much contradicted every word he has said .instead of accepting any responsibility looks like he will go as far as a war for deflecting. Really not a world leader that should have power with what is going on.
    Not sure where that leaves us, we sold our arse to China but still suck Americas dick

• Best Post Best Post x 2
  5. CaptainJackson

Of course I don't believe China will be upfront and forthcoming with information or the truth.

Nowhere did I suggest that, i pointed out that an investigation will merely catch China's lies in the early stages.

However, we shouldn't think we have a pandemic response down pat. Excluding trumps response (because it was purely about ego), we have case studies of different approaches, e.g sweden with no lockdown vs other countries with lockdowns, new zealand with immediate lockdown vs other countries with gradual lockdown, and then of course the economic recoveries of each different type of response.

You can have a pandemic plan/response, but how it plays out in real life raises parts of the plan that were missed/not taken into account and that would/should be the whole point of the investigation.

Mind you as much as for China's lies about the early stages, it seems USA intelligence had warnings of this pandemic as early as November. So it would suggest that the international community already don't believe what comes out of the Chinese governments mouth

• Like Like x 1
  6. KambahOne

KambahOne Kennel Regular

Valid points, but the investigations you're talking about can be done without any involvement from or with China. It would be prudent for every country to conduct them anyway.

What I'm saying is that any joint investigation will be a farce. Results will be pre-determined, blame assigned and agreements on what to say to us, the worlds population, agreed upon before any investigation begins. All that will be done to ensure business and profits are in no way interrupted...again.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hacky McAxe

Hacky McAxe Super Moderator Staff Member Gilded

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Hacky McAxe

9. CroydonDog

CroydonDog Kennel Immortal Gilded

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. ASSASSIN

ASSASSIN The Bearded Crusader Gilded Premium Member The Kennel's Top Poster

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Best Post Best Post x 1
  11. south of heaven

That fucking mole carying on how she is discriminated against is an out right attention seeking c*** and that fucking retard that cut the hole in her mask where to begin.

12. BELMORE

BELMORE Kennel Addict

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. CaptainJackson

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Hacky McAxe

Saw a post on twitter the other day where someone tagged Costco America and said, "they won't let me shop without a mask. I'm not going to shop at Costco any more"

Costco just replied, "thank you"

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Cook

Cook Kennel Enthusiast

Not even close yet. Isn’t herd immunity around 80%. Considering it’s been going say 3 months in certain countries. So 1/8 on the way, which means another 21 months. Two more years. Other countries would take ten years to get there with measures in place. A vaccine seems only viable option to me. The thing that bothers me most about whole thing is, our way of life has been taken away. So whoever is responsible needs to be accountable if negligence is found. I find myself dodging people in the street and shopping centres. If someone coughs, everyone has a look and walks a step away. It’s a terrible existence

• Like Like x 1
  16. Cook

Cook Kennel Enthusiast

Yeah I’m drawn on both.

• Like Like x 1
  17. south of heaven

Really? I like it the rare occasion I do go to the super market finally c*** are not clogging isles and having a chat, getting a coffee is great ,getting food is fantastic people now know how to line-up and be patient ( for the most of it) manners on people have improved because most people want to stay out of people's ways instead of charging through.
    But I'm hanging to jump on a plane though.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Hacky McAxe

From what we know of this virus, it either has a high kill rate or a high infection rate. If it's a high infection rate then it's a high percentage for herd immunity (around 87%). Based on Sweden's recent studies it looks like it could be a lower infection rate suggesting around 70% for herd immunity, but a much higher kill rate.

Kind of screwed either way. I wish it was a high infection rate though as that would mean that we are close to herd immunity. It's also what Sweden was relying on. Now with it looking like a low infection rate, it means we're going to have masses more deaths before this is over.

19. MatstaDogg

MatstaDogg The Bearded Baker Premium Member

• Best Post Best Post x 2
  20. Cook

Cook Kennel Enthusiast

Yeah I thought that at the beginning. But now I see old people wandering the isles, my young kids walk past and there isn’t that talk there used to be. The older population is struggling I think. My age group, not really fussed. I still haven’t seen my pop for four months now with the grandkids, as he’s immune is low. It’s not right when that’s all they look forward too. Supermarkets I do enjoy the space no doubt.

• Like Like x 1