Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
A co-worker the other day told me that it's a big beat up and it's no worse than a mild flu. I pulled him over to my desk and showed him the infection data, the death rate, details from medical experts and epidemiologists saying that it's a lot worse than a seasonal flu.

He said, "shit. Could be bad then"

5 minutes later I hear him saying to another colleague, "seriously man. It's such a beat up. This is just another flu"

People don't understand until it impacts them.
Employee who got Corona was the same. Went to Italy when all the shit was going down with the same attitude. It's nothing. Just the flu.

Been in quaratine for the last 10 days or so and his attitude has completely changed. Realises now how fucked up he was by going there, and is telling anyone and everyone the need to be careful. You're right. People don't understand until it impacts them. But it shouldn't be like that ...

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Every ones knows China is full of shit the only thing we know about them is they were strict with lockdown Italy another record 793 dead in a day, American 1 dying every hour China's lying about figures ,Iran spins Moore bullshit than Phil rothfieild 3rd world countries have little to no testing
Who the fuck know how much full of shit other middle East countries are so the actually mortality rate would be a lot fucking higher.
DO NOT FOLLOW THE GOVOURMENTS SIT ON HANDS APPROACH UNTIL IT GETS WORSE.
Get your kids out of school now I also know a Dr that has pulled her kids from school already probally not the first either
And stay the fuck away from people not 1 single country is prepared or equipped to what's going to hit them not 1
100%, but I should point out that the US is doing worse than that. The 1 death per hour statistic is just for New York. And it's not even the worst hit area in the US.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The big difference is the Chinese government is competent, they are willing to use the full force of power as their communist structure allows them to deal with these pandemics.

The Italian government is a total mess and has been for a long time. America will go the same way as Italy, the American government is terrible but they are good a making wars and profit.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
More BS than Buzz??
How could that be true? :-)

PS - not underplaying the seriousness mate, piss extraction is part of my coping mechanism. At least they won’t be able to take that away in a lockdown! :-)
Oh fuck yeah we all gots to laugh I'm just a week in lockdown and it's fucking with me a bit ,had 2 smash 3 vallium at 2am this morning to chill a bit

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
100%, but I should point out that the US is doing worse than that. The 1 death per hour statistic is just for New York. And it's not even the worst hit area in the US.
Iran claim the are loosing 1 an hour I think they forgot to add 49 to that 1

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Oh fuck yeah we all gots to laugh I'm just a week in lockdown and it's fucking with me a bit ,had 2 smash 3 vallium at 2am this morning to chill a bit
Know that feeling mate. Lucky to be outside the apartment for 40mins every day. Fucks with your mind. Especially when you've got two kids ;)

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Know that feeling mate. Lucky to be outside the apartment for 40mins every day. Fucks with your mind. Especially when you've got two kids ;)
I got 5 kids lol actually they have been good we all have our own space.wben we had the storms a few years back had the 4 kids and a new born no power for 2 weeks that really sucked so I'll take this as a luxury

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I got 5 kids lol actually they have been good we all have our own space.wben we had the storms a few years back had the 4 kids and a new born no power for 2 weeks that really sucked so I'll take this as a luxury
5 kids? Fuck me mate. You're going to be on lockdown for at least another month but I'd say 2. Good luck with that!

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can't I cannot get my head around what we are waiting for, we know it's going from bad to really fucking bad ,we know Australians can be beyond stupid lock the fucking country down now .bring in the military impose curfew
Bring in a shoot to kill order on looters , shut every fucking school and turn the halls into a .make shift hospital for the non critical and create distance. But know let's just go to a cafe and crowd area's
Fuck give Martin Bryant day release he knows how to disperse crowds .

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
A co-worker the other day told me that it's a big beat up and it's no worse than a mild flu. I pulled him over to my desk and showed him the infection data, the death rate, details from medical experts and epidemiologists saying that it's a lot worse than a seasonal flu.

He said, "shit. Could be bad then"

5 minutes later I hear him saying to another colleague, "seriously man. It's such a beat up. This is just another flu"

People don't understand until it impacts them.
75 years since the last major worldwide crisis, and four generations into the post-modern/humanist era, and we are discovering one of the unforeseen downsides. The typical human in the developed world has a highly developed sense that their every thought and feeling automatically has high validity. That can make it hard for us to see the facts of the case (when we are in the wrong), and hard for us to convince someone else of the facts of the case (when they are wrong).

Sharp lessons on the way, COVID 19 has zero interest in anyone's "subjective truth", it doesn't care if anyone thinks it is real or not, it will infect any host it can land on, and some of those hosts won't make it out alive.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny the mardigras was still allowed to go on while this pandemic has been brewing.

But easter show and vivid are cancelled.
The LGBTMI are allowed to have their parade but the rest of us have to suffer.
A very good observation, I thought the same thing. It was the last event attracting an international crowd. Call it coincidence but straight after the parade the covid19 cases in Australia and in particular Sydney surged. Is it not a fact? Coincidence or what?

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
wow. I have no faith in the government to deal with whats about to happen.
It should be immediate shutdown.
The only people that should be out on the streets is police and army.
If they find someone on the street they should be jailed for the foreseeable future.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A very good observation, I thought the same thing. It was the last event attracting an international crowd. Call it coincidence but straight after the parade the covid19 cases in Australia and in particular Sydney surged. Is it not a fact? Coincidence or what?
Most of them are immune because apparently the HIV drug stops Covid19

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
The big difference is the Chinese government is competent, they are willing to use the full force of power as their communist structure allows them to deal with these pandemics.

The Italian government is a total mess and has been for a long time. America will go the same way as Italy, the American government is terrible but they are good a making wars and profit.
The chinese government may be considered competent if you compare them to say the Iraqi government. Failing to disclosure early is the reason we are in this mess. Their stats are all bullshit and not believable.

Status
Not open for further replies.