Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Here's a talking point I'd like to see people's perspective on.

I've read a few different articles that refer to different Covid numbers that have been researched with treatments and vaccines that need testing. Outside of mining, weapons manufacturing and energy production, I think that pharmaceutical companies would be one of the big earners financially in the world these days.

Given that medicinal supplies are such a huge earner, I'm half convinced that if a large pharmaceutical company could manufacture a bulk treatment and vaccine tomorrow they wouldn't. For now there's money to be made supplying the testing kits as the virus spreads fairly quickly. If a company without ethics wanted to reap maximum profit off treatments and later, vaccines, the best financial decision would be to hold back the release until it had spread a lot more than it has already.

Does anyone else think it wouldn't be surprising if big pharma were holding onto a solution until the point where they think they can maximize profits?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Here's a talking point I'd like to see people's perspective on.

I've read a few different articles that refer to different Covid numbers that have been researched with treatments and vaccines that need testing. Outside of mining, weapons manufacturing and energy production, I think that pharmaceutical companies would be one of the big earners financially in the world these days.

Given that medicinal supplies are such a huge earner, I'm half convinced that if a large pharmaceutical company could manufacture a bulk treatment and vaccine tomorrow they wouldn't. For now there's money to be made supplying the testing kits as the virus spreads fairly quickly. If a company without ethics wanted to reap maximum profit off treatments and later, vaccines, the best financial decision would be to hold back the release until it had spread a lot more than it has already.

Does anyone else think it wouldn't be surprising if big pharma were holding onto a solution until the point where they think they can maximize profits?
Nasheed here,
Your theory doesn't hold water.
I'll tell you why.
When is their most profit for a vaccine?

1. When most people have not got it yet, no immunity, are panicking through the roof and no competitors have a vaccine or black market unofficial vaccines exist.

2. Later on, when a huge chunk of the populace have received it and recovered, a lot are already dead, and if they haven't died, people have accepted or realised it isn't the killer virus they thought at first. And people use black market vaccines from vegetables or shit.

NOW is the time to cash in if you have it.Nasheed.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's interesting stuff. Gates and a few others have been talking about it for years. It's also what the Division games were based on. Everyone kept saying that it's coming and the governments all said that it wasn't a concern.

I have the utmost respect for Gates. Rich as all buggery but the reason he isn't the richest person in the world is because he keeps donating his money to charity.
Man i was only thinking the other day that the way things are going we could end up in a Division situation of such. I was like, maybe i should play it again then remembered how repetitive and grinding it was.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
How many people here actually know someone who has contracted corona virus?
Everyone I’ve asked so far have said no one.

I’m calling this what it really is, a facade, manipulation, control tactics.

I’m not a sheep, I don’t do or act how mainstream tells me I’m supposed to.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Another 475 deaths in Italy. The country will soon hit 2 weeks lock-down meaning that, hopefully, the deaths will slow down. However we also need to keep in mind that there are people being turned away as they cannot cope with the amount of people coming in, so that might have something to do with it as well.

The saddest thing is there are elderly people who have this, and are dying in isolation without their family around them.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's what I thought at first also.
.are they really going to allow people to get sick on purpose and make the call to put things into action.

It had some valid points but couldn't get my head around that fact.
It would makes sense to do that IF the virus behaved in a completely predictable manner, which no virus has ever done.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
IGA has said that if we go into lock-down, they will continue to operate.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score

Well try being in Europe stuck like I am, with a lot of my European friends being diagnosed with it within the last 48 hrs. So far the Nasheed is ok but for how long?
Shits real.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Supposedly someone here had a case in their workplace. I don't recall who it was. But the number of confirmed cases is still very low as a percentage of the population. So logically the people who know a sufferer should also be very low.

But the people who are in sheep mode already amuse me a bit. I saw a lady wearing rubber gloves at the supermarket yesterday that touched her face three times in one aisle. And I sneezed due to an itchy nose and scattered people like I was waving a gun around while I was shopping.

But I think we saw some evidence of the government manipulation of information during the bushfires. Until the army were bought into action, we saw daily updates about the location and spread of fires from the firies on the news. That information stopped being shared when the army got involved. It wasn't because the fires had stopped burning. But it sure as hell helped the government avoid criticism about inaction when the news stopped reporting every new fire popping up.

This virus seems pretty serious for the elderly and people with underlying medical conditions. But generally thats true of most infectious agents. So no doubt the information being spread will allow authorities to test some limits with their ability to control the population.

A

Alexander the Great

My wife was in a meeting last week in Melbourne at the head office of a big organisations head office and they sent her a email saying someone was positive to the virus.

They won't tell them who it was.

She was there for 3 hours in total so she has been told to self isolate for 2 weeks which means I can't go to work and neither my son yo daycare.

That was the advice we have been given from the government health number we found online.

I hope that's as close as it gets to us.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
All these panic buyers can get fucked to we have enough food for 75 million people of a nation of 25 million people they have bleed supermarkets dry for fucking what to be in bigger groups with more risk of spreading a fucking virus? There would of been no problem?Sure grab a few extra things on a regular shop but ***** are going beyond over board it's pathetic.

A

Alexander the Great

I have tried looking online for any information regarding the self isolation and the rules around it but can't find much.

Just a general list of things I can and can't do.

Obvious stay away from crowds and any one on one contact but what if I wanted to go for a run or do some fishing? 2 weeks inside I could neck myself.

A

Alexander the Great

I read that today. Honestly we are blessed to be living in Australia. We have access to large land that produces food and also surrounded by water. 2 good food sources.

You would hate to be a country stuck in the middle of shut.
All these panic buyers can get fucked to we have enough food for 75 million people of a nation of 25 million people they have bleed supermarkets dry for fucking what to be in bigger groups with more risk of spreading a fucking virus? There would of been no problem?Sure grab a few extra things on a regular shop but c*** are going beyond over board it's pathetic.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have tried looking online for any information regarding the self isolation and the rules around it but can't find much.

Just a general list of things I can and can't do.

Obvious stay away from crowds and any one on one contact but what if I wanted to go for a run or do some fishing? 2 weeks inside I could neck myself.
I got 3 pages of shit from the airport that tell you a whole lot of nothing, I've been in my man cave talk to kids from. A distance avoiding contact .I walked down the oval yesterday no one in sight and just walked a few laps in the sun with no contact with anyone

A

Alexander the Great

Yeah there is nothing solid that's for sure...bit of worry. They should be more firm with the rules surrounding it.
I got 3 pages of shit from the airport that tell you a whole lot of nothing, I've been in my man cave talk to kids from. A distance avoiding contact .I walked down the oval yesterday no one in sight and just walked a few laps in the sun with no contact with anyone

Status
Not open for further replies.