Status
Not open for further replies.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
"History", as written by Parker.

Not sure where to start with this.

He needs new friends if someone's telling him his writing is worth publishing.

It was game two of the 2015 State of Origin series in Melbourne at the MCG and I’d had a gutful of David Klemmer, the big, baldheaded New South Wales forward.

I might not have liked what I’d just heard spew out of his mouth, but I wasn’t surprised by it.

My anger towards him hadn’t just started on the field that night, it had been brewing for a couple of years.

During the 2014 pre-season, Klemmer’s NRL club, Canterbury, played Melbourne, captained by my good mate Cameron Smith, in a trial match at Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane. Klem was only 20 at the time, had only played a handful of first-grade games, and was trying to make a name for himself, as most young blokes do.

When a scuffle broke out during the game, Klem grabbed Smithy and screamed at him, ‘You’re too old. Give it away.’ Smithy looked at him and — as he told me later — his initial thought was, Who the heck are you? because Klem was coming into only his second season of first grade.

A young David Klemmer has words with Corey Parker.Source: News Corp Australia
The funny thing was, Klem made the Australian squad for the end-of-season Four Nations tournament later that year and I think he’d forgotten all about it. But Smithy, now his team captain, hadn’t forgotten and neither had I.

In that Origin game in Melbourne, tension built when fullback Billy Slater resented a facial from James Tamou and threw the ball at his head. Then we almost had fireworks in the second half.

Klem had only just come onto the field and he was packing into the front row. He had this dirty big armguard on and he grabbed me in a headlock and worked me over with it.

When the scrum broke up, I half blew up at him about it. Then, later in the game, he hit JT in a late tackle after he’d passed the ball and that was when I snapped.

‘Show some respect,’ I told him, prompting his expletive- laden reply.

Why did I say that? Why is respect so important to me? Maybe it’s because I had it drummed into me by my mum and dad when I was growing up. Or maybe it’s because I learned it the hard way when I was a teenager playing for Broncos Colts in the Toowoomba competition and then the Clydesdales in the Queensland Cup.

Or maybe it’s because I’d had to show it myself to Brisbane Broncos players, even though I wasn’t a big fan of the culture back in the beginning. Or maybe it’s because I’d learned to respect the Maroons jumper after spending five long years in representative exile. Or maybe it’s because I thought of playing for the Kiwis when Australia wouldn’t pick me.

Whatever the reason was, I couldn’t cop David Klemmer and what he was doing any longer. Some people say maybe I saw a bit of myself in him that night in the sense that I was once a baldheaded, brash young front-rower who didn’t take a backward step from anybody.

Well, that might be true but there was one big difference between us which was that I never would have sworn at him the way he did to me that night.

I don’t mind if players want to carry on like pork chops, and Klem was pumped up that night and certainly had a good game for them, but I couldn’t wear him carrying on like he had to the Australian captain, Smithy, and the best player in the game, JT.

Corey Parker gives David Klemmer a head massage.Source: Getty Images
Later in the book, Klemmer gives his side of the story...

“State of Origin is a combative arena, it’s the pinnacle of our sport. Queensland have had a

lot of success and part of my job as a New South Wales player, especially as a front-rower, is to take on that challenge head-on.

Corey has been one of the Maroons’ best and most consistent players for a long time, he puts his stamp on each game and doesn’t take a backward step.

A lot has been made about Corey and me going head- to-head, but I’ve always had a huge amount of respect for him. You have to. He’s played over 300 NRL games for the same club, won State of Origin series and represented Australia.

How many players have done that? I made a point after his last Origin game of congratulating him, because I felt he deserved it.

I’m still a young player in the game, but if I could achieve what he has by the time I retire I’d be a happy man.”

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/sta...f/news-story/aad1d4302e604029b4c8974adb211709

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
All I see is wah wah wah wah

What happens on the field stays there you cry baby.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
All those years playing and he picks that out? Controversy and tge underdog narrative Sells books and Parker has none.

A

Alexander the Great

Coreys best moment till date is headbutting kas's boot.
I slept like a baby night.
Still wished his teeth came out like tic tac's and him and the trainer had to go looking for them in the grass.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Oh boo hoo, cry me a river and drown in it Parker you soft case. Klemmer will have you for breakfast, but you're not worthy of being shat out of the his arsehole.

Wanker.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Parker you whining little fucking bitch. Aren't you retired ? Don't you have some sisters to impregnate ?

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
Same old. Bulldogs sell papers/books/news.. Corey sells fuck all because he's a fuckwit of the highest order.

Good riddance to the shit ****

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Young bloke makes him and his friends look like idiots. He can't handle it. Man up, it's a friggin' game of football, not a hugging contest.

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah I bet the QLDers we're giving Joey Johns, Fittler and Daley heaps of respect when they were getting pumped back in the day..

What a load of garbage. Just more ball licking of QLD's heroes

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Looks like the rumors of even his team mates not liking him are true.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What a tool. Always knew he was a whinger and self entitled wanker but give me a break. He needs to show some respect by retiring quietly; what happened to leaving what happens on the field...on the field.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
What a winger kas needed to put a bigger boot to his head.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yet he's best friends with Ennis who has no doubt said far worse on the field.

I have no respect for Parker after his sook about Kasiano, to then do the same thing himself only weeks later.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
#StopViolenceAgainstCoreyParker

Donate to 0435 761 766 to support Corey Parker through times of need.

A small donation of 10 dollars a month could dramatically change Corey parkers life

Kind regards Raelene Castle
ITS AN ACTUAL NUMBER!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.