News Corey backs Barrett (Brent Read)

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Media trying extra hard to restore CHNs image for some reason.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Media trying extra hard to restore CHNs image for some reason.
According to the media

He no longer plays for bulldogs = good guy

Compare how they used to speak about ennis and reynolds when they played for us vs how they spoke about them after they left us

Ennis was the world's biggest grub when he played for us, he leaves and all of a sudden hes an angel and reynolds became the worlds biggest grub, reynolds leaves and his high energy and passion is a great asset

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This bloke is a petulant child. He belongs in Canberra far away from us. Tasmania wouldve been even better.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
For all our sanity, I vote that the mods remove any threads about this prick form Bulldogs general discussion.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He says he would have stayed under Barrett but the reality is he is actually revealing (whether on purpose or unwittingly) that the Club really didn't want him.

Also indicates the club didnt have much personal contact to do with the contractual decisions, if he actually needed to text them to say how great Barrettt is as a coach and bloke.

That whole article was bizarre. The club dumped him is what I got out of it.

Begone.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gotta love the media... Six months ago he was the devil and now portrayed as the Messiah.. fcuk this shit is totally mentally messed up.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Who cares what CHN thinks!!!!!!!!!!!

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Exactly and this could be the reason for the reported "play nice" deal where both reportedly agreed not to talk about the other (cause the club doesn't want it revealed). Better for CHN to take the heat than them just like with Dean Pay. We're assuming it's all CHN's fault but do we know the finances ?. The club could have truly believed there was little chance of CHN and Oka being allowed to play again this year (as many of us thought also) so spent their money on getting Thompson early or in getting Lafai. Maybe they already knew they couldn't afford to keep CHN for next year. It's not really that far fetched. In this interview he even admits he wouldn't have minded playing for us under Barrett. Released one day, signed by the Raiders the next day (like a perfect agreement) - no compensation. Why did the Dogs bend so easily ? because it suited them also. You don't need to be a detective to work it out.
He was still under contract for next year and 2022 and as the matter was under appeal any money for him this year was in limbo awaiting the said appeal. It would be interesting to know what sort of a deal was done with Lafai though. I would imagine that St George would have been picking up some of the contract money as they were actively looking to get rid of players and it was a very unhappy place from all accounts with various players seeking releases. They did not want to lose Saab and Sailor so maybe Lafai was the best way out for them. Whatever went down, I am bitterly disappointed at CHN that the situation ever arose in the first place.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He says he would have stayed under Barrett but the reality is he is actually revealing (whether on purpose or unwittingly) that the Club really didn't want him.

Also indicates the club didnt have much personal contact to do with the contractual decisions, if he actually needed to text them to say how great Barrettt is as a coach and bloke.

That whole article was bizarre. The club dumped him is what I got out of it.

Begone.
The way I read it is that if the deal with Canberra fell through, he wouldn’t mind staying with us.

To me, that says that he was going to leave anyway, and these news articles that are coming out are trying their best to paint CHN as the victim in all this.