Corey Allan !!!! WTF is this the same BLOKE ???

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
He’s an absolute superstar playing outside 0.75 halves and behind a beaten forward pack. Wait and watch him go next year. He’ll be like greased lightning.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Are you seriously comparing what Allen has done in 20/30 odd games to what Walker has done in 5? Or what Walsh in 2?

They’re both 18, and already showing more potential. Allan is 23. Can’t exactly say he’s young and full of potential, when it took an injury for him to get a starting gig at age 22.
How old was Cody Walker when he cracked the big time. We have done real short sighted ones here. Allan us a gun.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ain’t no one going to be a star in this side with Flanno steering the ship

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Concrete Boots is a dud buy for a fullback. Just another average outside back lacking in speed and power.

Mozzie

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
As mentioned and I have said many times until we have an affective forward pack it matters little who our backs are? I would suggest that if Burton and the fox were granted releases hypothetically speaking and they were playing with our current pack. In about 3 weeks there will be calls of WTF are these guys playing like shit!

Malla

Reaction score
Lol at anyone calling him shit

Seriously you people have no idea sometimes

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He isn't that good, said so at the time. Was always a like for like with Hoppa.

Dog gone

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Once we have a decent foword pack that sets a platform for the halves and backs to work off with quick play the balls etc players like alan and a lot more for that matter will be a lot better the reason we're going so bad is we dont have decent front rowers or hooker who can give or exploit go forward and or quick play the balls we need some big boppers and a hooker and the team will be alot better for it

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Aren't some of you concerned that Allan looks slower than Hoppa? If players like Laurie and Walsh can stand out in their first few games in average teams then why can't Allan and Flanagan etc?

You can still flash skill, potential and ability on a bad team. You can still play well even if your teammates stink if you have the talent to..

People want to make every excuse under the sun for average players like they need optimal conditions and surroundings to perform. Well the best players stand out regardless. You can spot talent even in a struggling team and Allan and Flanagan don't have it. Both players struggled to get a run at top four clubs and were let go by them because of how average they are..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lol at anyone calling him shit

Seriously you people have no idea sometimes
Educate us then.. What have Allan and Flanagan done well this season and which parts of their games make them such assets to the team moving forward?

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The way he played for Souths last year I thought he’d be a top signing for us but he’s been very average. Looks like when players come to us they just go backwards eg stimson flanno Waddell
This is the part someone needs to acknowledge the value of good halves and a forward pack.. makes any backline look magic.

Malla

Reaction score
Educate us then.. What have Allan and Flanagan done well this season and which parts of their games make them such assets to the team moving forward?
Can't be fucked educating sorry

Malla

Reaction score
This is the part someone needs to acknowledge the value of good halves and a forward pack.. makes any backline look magic.
Without a doubt. Your forward pack is where it all starts. If we aren't making metres, getting on our bellys for quick play the balls, winning the ruck etc then it makes everything more difficult.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No I’m not comparing them, you just did though. Can you read you dumb ****?
So what is YOUR take on it then? If you highlight Brisbanes' failure as a redundant example for me to lean on (with the 2 examples you gave) - then I take your point and mis-read your POV.

Because all I see is a failed experiment.

Baz was adamant this bloke is an "out and out" fullback, and has already shafted him from that long term plan.. No other reason why he would of signed him for such a long deal. Yes, he is showing his versatility now playing centre.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
By the way, once again there have been several games where our pack hasn't been the issue and we've had plenty of opportunities in the opposition twenty.

But you guys want to make excuses and make it seem like we're on our own 10 metre line all game every game..

Malla

Reaction score
Didn't think so.. That's because there's nothing you can say that they've done well or contributed to the team.
I have plenty to say but none of it will change your mind. You won't change mine either, so we will agree to disagree.

Just like your mate beast mode who reckons Flanno needs to play more direct. Good advise from his couch but.

Malla

Reaction score
By the way, once again there have been several games where our pack hasn't been the issue and we've had plenty of opportunities in the opposition twenty.

But you guys want to make excuses and make it seem like we're on our own 10 metre line all game every game..
Talk me through those several games please.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I have plenty to say but none of it will change your mind. You won't change mine either, so we will agree to disagree.

Just like your mate beast mode who reckons Flanno needs to play more direct. Good advise from his couch but.
It is very good advice, thank you.