Official Corey Allan signs 3 year deal with Bulldogs

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I've gone past the point of singling out players, a good coach/system can make average players shine.

Allan played well in that souffs team. He comes to us and reaches career worst form.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Hetherington makes decent metres and post contact metres. But he is a liability as he makes too many errors and gives away too many penalties. His style of play is suited back in the 80s as the modern game is gone too soft.
We have too many errors and penalties against us already without having a penalty machine giving more away.

He needs to get that out of his game or his career will be over before it really begins.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I was pretty keen when we signed him and he’s best play of the year was a good take under a high ball last night just no speed no strength no smarts no real effort just nothing doesn’t even look like a footballer very concerning
Looks like he should be brewing craft beer at a hip inner city brewery/bistro with a trendy man apron and manscaped beard :grinning:
(Somewhere in Brissy)

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't understand all the Allen hate atm.

Need to remember he is playing outside Hopoate.

We all agree Hopoate is past his used-by date.

Hogs the ball and his defensive reads put pressure on the defenders around him.

Allen proved last year that he can be a quality player in a decent team.

Personally I will reserve judgement until he has a halfway decent centre inside him.

Last edited:

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sadly the game has moved past him and Flanagan. For this I can not blame Baz I belive he didn’t know the game would be changed so massively. Dare I say it if the game was played how it is for the past 4 years we would have gotten the spoon 4 years running.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Don’t forget Schoupp had rotator cuff repair surgery only a month ago and his return to play is predicted at 5 months. Whilst that puts him in the frame to be ready for season start, it will disrupt his pre-season, especially before Christmas. So that could play a part in who lines up at Centre in Round 1 2022.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t see a spot for him in firsts, he ain’t a centre’s arsehole, he’s below Fox and Cotric for wing, and I can’t imagine he’d beat Dufty for the 1.

Injury or poor form may get him an occasional start but that’s probably it

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t see a spot for him in firsts, he ain’t a centre’s arsehole, he’s below Fox and Cotric for wing, and I can’t imagine he’d beat Dufty for the 1.

Injury or poor form may get him an occasional start but that’s probably it
Also potentially Origin time assuming Addo Carr retains his spot. Who knows, maybe Cotric earns a re call to the squad too? With Tui Katoa out of the running, its basically between Allen and Burns for who get a crack. And if they both somehow are unavailable i guess we could apply for an exemption to play with 12 men, and if unfortunately the NRL denies our request we've still got Okundud - although i'd rather us just play with 12

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
As a centre

Schoupp > Naden > Burns > Allan

When Alamoti's ready he'll be above all of them hopefully.