Official Corey Allan signs 3 year deal with Bulldogs

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
hoppa has been one of our best for the last 3 years or so, id hate to see him go. i reckon next year he would make the transition to a luke lewis style edge back rower. He already is a big body, can hit a hole, great hands and defence. if he decided to go that way, put some bulk on, i reckon he would be a success.
Anything is possible and I agree he’s been great for us but great in a team that has lacked overall depth plus he’s close to turning 30 and judging by the way our recruitment is going their seems a strong push for more youth and pace being injected into the clubs future. Hoppa has said he prefers to play FB but would play anywhere for the teams sake but FB is his preferred position. With Allan now signed it’s more or less the club saying you can look around at other clubs as we don’t see you at FB if that’s what you want. With his contract up at seasons end and his age he’d be looking to make his next contract signing his last and I can’t see us signing him long term.

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So much so that he had to go public with it too? He couldn’t have called Trent snd told him personally?
I think Gould will be proven wrong.
The board hasn't caused any disruption and the team seems to be preparing for the season nicely.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Allen Only needs to work on his defence and he will be good for us.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think more important is how he plays this year in much improved backline, under new coaching staff. If he is still our best player (as he has been for the last 2+ years) then I see no reason not to resign him, at obviously an appropriate price of course.

Go Dogs
Tbh not even close to best player last year... RFM and Foran had him covered easily.. infact he was rather poor in quite a few games at fullback last year especially when he returned from injury.. he provided zero resistance to several line breaks and often was poorly placed on attacking kicks..

As for centre, my memory of him playing centre arent great either... Got shown up for speed a fair bit and couldn't position himself well in the defensive line...

The 2 strings in hoppas bow is work rate and 'soft hands'..

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tbh not even close to best player last year... RFM and Foran had him covered easily.. infact he was rather poor in quite a few games at fullback last year especially when he returned from injury.. he provided zero resistance to several line breaks and often was poorly placed on attacking kicks..

As for centre, my memory of him playing centre arent great either... Got shown up for speed a fair bit and couldn't position himself well in the defensive line...

The 2 strings in hoppas bow is work rate and 'soft hands'..
I think Hoppa is generally very reliable most of the season and has a couple of short stints when he's in red hot form and looks like a world beater. Wouldn't be sad if he stays on. But I'd hope that he shows that great form more frequently to earn an extension.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I saw a photo of Allan this morning. Not sure if it was the camera angle or what but he is looking like kasiano at the storm :p dude looks like a sting bean which is a good thing I think.

Maybe he focused on fitness this offseason. If he could get back that 1-2 yards of speed back. He was never a slow player. But his upper body mass/strength could have cost him a little of that explosion. He is looking like a top pick up. Has the pace over hoppa and the skill over Meaney so another good upgrade.

Just hope Barrett can get the best out of him. Exciting to see this new brand of football.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Anything is possible and I agree he’s been great for us but great in a team that has lacked overall depth plus he’s close to turning 30 and judging by the way our recruitment is going their seems a strong push for more youth and pace being injected into the clubs future. Hoppa has said he prefers to play FB but would play anywhere for the teams sake but FB is his preferred position. With Allan now signed it’s more or less the club saying you can look around at other clubs as we don’t see you at FB if that’s what you want. With his contract up at seasons end and his age he’d be looking to make his next contract signing his last and I can’t see us signing him long term.
Sounds like he is off to the Tigers then.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Sounds like he is off to the Tigers then.
There is literally no one that would take him for fullback bar tigers lol and even then Laurie is one his way eventually... It's super league or accept he's a centre elsewhere for Hoppa

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
hoppa has been one of our best for the last 3 years or so, id hate to see him go. i reckon next year he would make the transition to a luke lewis style edge back rower. He already is a big body, can hit a hole, great hands and defence. if he decided to go that way, put some bulk on, i reckon he would be a success.
@BEAST MODE and I have been saying this for a few years now. It would be a good move. But we do have quite a few backrowers already.

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't know how he got selected to play for Origin last year. Also Barrett has made too many dud signings!

Hetherington
Waddell
Flanagan
Allan

We are not the Salvation Army taking second hand crap!

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Next year with a better back line Allan needs to step it up. The guy gets dominated on every hit up. He has no vision Atall