Official Corey Allan signs 3 year deal with Bulldogs

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
There are two types of fast / quick.....being fast of the mark, being fast across the park or being quick between the ears. I would rather our full back be quick between the ears, being able to read the play both in attack and defense, being able to position himself so he is in the right place at the right time. He may not be the fastest across the paddock but his acceleration of the mark breaks tackles and is faster than Hoppa in that sense. Allen will be surrounded by quick players....so in that sense Corey doesn't need to be a speed demon. I just wish he was a yard quicker :grinning:
TBaz could have him playing similar to Teddy? He isn't super fast but always thereabouts backing up and hard to keep out inside the 20m mark and Allen could be that bustling, tackle breaking kinda FB.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
That Edwards kid from Penrith isn’t a speed machine.... but what’s to like about his play is he’s ALWAYS running in support looking for that offload & tries seem to come off that effort.... not his speed. Corey Allen doesn’t possess JAC like speed, but he’s got a good footy brain, doesn’t mind getting in the middle looking for the offload and has a decent pass on him.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hughes and Munster did not kill it at fullback. Otherwise they would have remained there. Papenhuyzen on the other hand did kill it with his best attribute being his speed. I say that speed is a must for the modern day fullback. Look at the best, Tedesco, Tom T, all possess lightning speed. Maybe just me, but I don’t rate Gutherson at all
Disagree mate. They had pap, that's why they moved Hughes. And Munster just happens to be a better 6 than 1 but he was still pretty amazing. Also gutho probably deserved dally m but Cleary is the golden child. I dislike parra but can't deny gutho killed it this year. Without him they don't make the 8.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Am I the only one that isn't happy about this signing?

Not having a whinge, just a meh signing.
I'm with you bro - IMO he's a meh signing. Everyone on TK seems to be jizzing over him and I can't even get a hard-on. It reminds me of the DWZ signing where I was in minority and we all know how that turned out

He does seem to have a good record and he has impressed the right people but for me his lack of speed is the main concern. I like the back 5, especially the FB, to be pace whores (as Beastmode likes to say). TBH I'm more excited about possibly signing the Fijian kid from the Warriors simply because of his speed.

Now that he's signed I'll support him 110% and hopefully he proves me wrong. If Pay had signed him I'd be spewing over this signing but Baz knows what he's doing so in Baz we trust

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Excited with Allan joining, has good skills already and looks like he could play just about anywhere.
Even better is he’s young and will only get better developing his game.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Allan looks a bit cumbersome to me, would prefer we pursue someone more e some good ground with the bdynamic.
He was one of south’s best and most consistent for 19 rounds,he played well in state of origin aside from a dropped bomb,made good ground every time he touched the ball,he was also headhunted by the sharks,tigers,for around $400k I think a good buy

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
However, competition for spots is always good. ALWAYS. He's a step up on what we had. A big step. He's young. Apparently got the right attitude. Difficult to find too many negatives imo. I've been very cautious about bringing in any fullback because of Avo's development but .... he's now got to stand up and show he should be playing there. No player should have a guaranteed spot. Not one.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Disagree mate. They had pap, that's why they moved Hughes. And Munster just happens to be a better 6 than 1 but he was still pretty amazing. Also gutho probably deserved dally m but Cleary is the golden child. I dislike parra but can't deny gutho killed it this year. Without him they don't make the 8.

Just to remind you.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Decent signing, look forward to seeing him play for us.

Realistically Avo needs a year in ccup, it was men vs boys at times when he played. I love the kid but no use destroying his confidence by putting him in too early, he knows he’s in the clubs long term plans.

If we somehow manage to land a decent 9 we will have come a very long way in a few months.
Exactly this, Avo will benefit most from having time to develop his game outside of first grade.
There's no doubt he's a talented young player who can develop into a genuine first grader, just needs time imo.

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Finally a real, traditional fullback :hearteyes:

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It does to me when you consider they have to replace him the squad. Anyway it’s never going to be confirmed one way or another.
Allen will be on $450k a season, Souffs will pay $200k next year...that's $380k a season.
Not bad for an origin players that can cover 3 positions fullback, center and wing.

Last edited:

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm with you bro - IMO he's a meh signing. Everyone on TK seems to be jizzing over him and I can't even get a hard-on. It reminds me of the DWZ signing where I was in minority and we all know how that turned out

He does seem to have a good record and he has impressed the right people but for me his lack of speed is the main concern. I like the back 5, especially the FB, to be pace whores (as Beastmode likes to say). TBH I'm more excited about possibly signing the Fijian kid from the Warriors simply because of his speed.

Now that he's signed I'll support him 110% and hopefully he proves me wrong. If Pay had signed him I'd be spewing over this signing but Baz knows what he's doing so in Baz we trust
There's drugs for that you know ...

Not sure people are jizzing over him though? Perhaps your own views on him are colouring your views on what others are saying?

He's a solid signing who's a step up on what we have. People can debate whatever they like but this is a fact, plain and simple.

Is he the superstar signing that perhaps some of us wanted? No. But maybe peoples' expectations are a little out of whack if they think we can splash cash on another back when we've already done that with Cotric and JAC? We still need to buy a hooker, prop, ball playing second rower.

The club needs to balance out its roster. They all can't be top top signings.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Allen will be on $450k a season, Souffs will pay $200k next year...that's $380k a season.
Not bad for a an origin players that can cover 3 positions fullback, center and wing.
380k is okay.

Dog gone

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Well done trent management ,recruitment and board for that matter, not that long ago i was worried whete we were headed as a club,with the ousting of certain members of the board etc ,and the infighting within the factions,but look whats happened with change, new board, new coach,new player managent and coaching staff, = a team and club that all of a sudden is atractive to quality players again, i take my hat off to the club in general for having a go and throwing causion to the wind and trusting in trent, i think we are definately on the up and i dont think we've finished signing players yet either, dont no where well finish but i think possibly 10th or better

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just watched a one minute clip of him on IG.
Saw an ageing (no disrespect) Josh Morris easily catch and reel him in once Allen got outside him.

If that his speed he ain’t quick enough for the modern Fb game.
Who was carrying the ball.......theres your answer. you obviously never played rugby league.