Official Corey Allan signs 3 year deal with Bulldogs

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not trying to be negative, and I like the Allen signing, I 'm just a bit suspicious because it just came out of the blue & JAC stated that he wanted to play Fullback for us .
Not necessarily out of the blue,
our management could have been working on this deal for some time and once again kept things very quite
No leaks to media or anyone else,credit to them.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
It’s an interesting point because Meaney is quite safe under the high ball and is quicker. Plus lots here are calling for averillo at fb, a player who we know nothing about regards catching a high ball or anything about fullback
Alot of people shit on Meaney but I think he's the best wing to play outside Cotric that we currently have

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure this post was from like November or early December?
Clearly no one took up the $500k else he would have been signed already.
I would imagine that we would've got him around the $400k mark.
From the moves we have made in recent months, I feel more confident that we are buying better and not overpaying.
That article was published on Xmas day so it’s not that old. $400k is a good measuring stick anything under it’s a decent enough signing if it’s over that by a decent amount we would have over paid.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I doubt we overpaid. We havnt over paid for anyone, except Cotric and he was a signing to get the ball rolling so to speak.

There was talk of JAC wanting 700k plus, and we signed him for 500k or what ever it is. Even the Burton offer was a good one.

Dog gone

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I made it pretty clear why making origin in his circumstances doesn’t do it for me. He made it by default pretty much.
Still good enough to be picked ahead of plenty of other quality players and wasnt to bad through out last year game after game filled in well at fullback i thought,and only 22 years old so pretty much way better than what we have and are probably paying more for the players we already have that we need to let go of aswell.eg,hoppa

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I just hope JAC hasn't had a change of heart & their not telling us that's why they have quickly signed Allen to soften the blow
I don't think so mate. He (JAC) signed the contract with us for next year. I think the club would let us know if something had happened regarding JAC.

I am keen to see what Allen can bring to the table though.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Cant understand the negativity about this guy. He is a massive improvement on any fullback we have.
It will also allow Meaney to hold onto his wing position. If Momorovski is signed, he can play centre with Cotric.
Team is building nicely.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Still good enough to be picked ahead of plenty of other quality players and wasnt to bad through out last year game after game filled in well at fullback i thought,and only 22 years old so pretty much way better than what we have and are probably paying more for the players we already have that we need to let go of aswell.eg,hoppa
I don’t mind buying him as long as the price is right as he has shown he can handle NRL and we needed some depth in the backs for this year. I’m just not taking a lot of him playing origin.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the fact we are signing players from winning teams/ good systems .. raiders, Panthers, storm, rabbitohs. I think that's exactly what needed to happen. All of a sudden you end up with a handful of players in the 13 who are used to winning nrl games. I know it doesn't always work out (napa).. but if nothing else if they can make those teams they're good enough for ours (with how bad we've been lately).

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Only a Facebook post in a Souths group, saying Corey Allen to the dogs as early as next week. Anyone got anything credible ?
It is on channel 7 3 year deal

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He was given permission to negotiate months ago wasn’t he? It’s a bit strange that he hasn’t signed somewhere yet so you might be right.
Done deal it was on ch7 this morning 3 year contract

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Mixed feelings.

Dude played very well for bunnies. Had huge wraps as a fullback coming through years ago when Wayne poached him from broncos to bunnies with him.

400kish is good for what he produced this year.

That said he has to be fullback/maybe roam with jac.

Though where does Jake go? I agree with those saying people are way over the top of him. He’s a good prospect though he has looked soft and a lot to work on. Same again though he’s a kid in a shit team.

I still would like to see him do something and get a go at the back. Then again if he flops we are fucked. At least Allan gives us a solid option straight up.

We urgently need b Smith at 9 locked in. Also a big prop to fuck Napa off!

I was Really hoping for staggs or Crichton to go to centre to replace hoppa though who knows what Trent’s thinking.

If we missed Crichton and staggs isn’t realistically interested maybe this is a good move that leaves us more $ for building.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't like to compare players but......I think there is a bit of a Dylan Edwards feel about Corey. Similar type players.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm sure Seven said McCullough was signed and a done deal with us too.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Confirmed by Dogs?
Our admin staff are still on holidays, until next Monday, there is no one there to make an announcement or put it up on the Bulldogs web site. Once the contract is registered with the NRL they will put it up on their web site, then we will simply copy it, like 90% of what is on our web site, copied from elsewhere.

Go Dogs

Last edited: