Official Corey Allan released

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
What a brutal mf. Don't know if positioning our 2024 cap or a suitable replacement is on the cards?

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That’s awesome mate. I am going to assume this money is so we can upgrade Burton asap. Unless Gus has another signing planned.
Who knows, but it’s just another move to get closer to Gus and Ciraldo’s plan. It may not be to have the money for a signing for next year, but part of the long term plan. Apparently Burton is already sorted, so unless they had to make the moves they have to fit Kikau and Mahoney (very much doubt they’d even be able to sign them if they couldn’t be fit into the cap) then I’d say it’s just that they’ve finally been able to work out a deal that Allan is happy to accept and leave early. They’ve been looking to sort that for months.

If it’s to free up cash for 2023, who are we rumoured to want to sign? Only Moses, maybe Leniu and Crichton? Dunno about the last two, but Moses is unlikely to be released for 23 anyway.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
My thoughts exactly. Some good young fellas with potential but we have no experience in key positions in our backline and we also have players playing out of position (Kiraz isn’t a winger or a fullback IMO).
See what happens I guess!
I can't see Panther releasing him early though so that's the main problem...but yes, we can barely string together a starting backline nevermind some depth, surely a player or two is coming in? I agree, I rate Kiraz at centre far more highly than anywhere else.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I can't see Panther releasing him early though so that's the main problem...but yes, we can barely string together a starting backline nevermind some depth, surely a player or two is coming in? I agree, I rate Kiraz at centre far more highly than anywhere else.
yeh what if JAC gets injured
we are back to a 2018 backline

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
it doesn't make sense to release allan if we dont get a genuine replacement considering we're light in outside backs for next season
I disagree. I believe it’s opposite actually. We were heavy in outside backs, but with Schoupp and Allan being released, we are fairly balanced now. Avo, Kiraz, Burns, Alamoti, Skelton and Casey. Personally my back 5 would be 1. Avo 2. JAC 3. Kiraz 4. Alamoti 5. Casey. And we have Okunbor if we’re desperate plus I’m sure I’ve forgotten some kids etc. Edit: Or you could have Skelton inside JAC with Kiraz at fb. Plenty of guys to make a good backline.

If only they’d piss Okunbor off, but maybe they rate him? Or he’s not on heaps. Gus clearly wanted to clear these bad contracts from before his time. Citric and Allan combined for $1m supposedly!

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Second Rowa @speedy2460 reckons Gus will get the ban removed on Xerri, so he should be playing in 23.
It would be great if we could get Xerri for 23 even if he was only 80 % the player he was previously.
A good argument for him to be allowed to return, might be that he was enticed by his prvious club and the fact that they the NRL were so lienent with the Peptides cheating club.

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
ᴄᴏʀᴇʏ ᴀʟʟᴀɴ ꜱɪɢɴꜱ ᴏɴᴇ-ʏᴇᴀʀ ᴅᴇᴀʟ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱʏᴅɴᴇʏ ʀᴏᴏꜱᴛᴇʀꜱ

Telegraph Sport Paul Crawley

Canterbury are continuing their roster overhaul, clearing more space from their top-30 squad with a former Origin star switching clubs.

Canterbury continue to clear the decks to ease their roster logjam, releasing former State of Origin winger Corey Allan.

Allan has signed a one-year deal with the Sydney Roosters in a bid to get his stalled NRL career back on track.

Allan is the latest Bulldog to exit the kennel while still under contract, following the recent departure of centre Aaron Schoupp to the Gold Coast, captain Josh Jackson’s early retirement.

The 24-year-old shot to fame during his time at South Sydney, where he earned an Origin call-up for Queensland.

That was the catalyst for him signing a big-money three-year deal with the Bulldogs.

But his two-year stay at Belmore didn’t turn out as hope, with his form reflecting the club’s struggles.

“Corey Allan has been released from the final year of his contract with the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs, effective immediately,” the club said in a statement on Thursday morning.

“We thank Corey for his two years of service to the Bulldogs and wish him all the best for the future.”

While Allan only managed 21 NRL games for Canterbury, his previous form at the Rabbitohs showed glimpses of the talent he can be.

He came into the Souths team in 2019 and, the following season, filled in for Rabbitohs superstar Latrell Mitchell at fullback and ultimately played in Queensland’s historic State of Origin win under Wayne Bennett.

The Roosters obviously see Allan as someone who can play anywhere in the outside backs, and with Joseph Suaalii’s potential move to the centres, he could find himself in a battle for a wing spot opposite Daniel Tupou.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus definitely getting things done. Spots Freed up and I can see us (if it’s allowed) forward paying some money for 2024 next year giving us more money

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I disagree. I believe it’s opposite actually. We were heavy in outside backs, but with Schoupp and Allan being released, we are fairly balanced now. Avo, Kiraz, Burns, Alamoti, Skelton and Casey. Personally my back 5 would be 1. Avo 2. JAC 3. Kiraz 4. Alamoti 5. Casey. And we have Okunbor if we’re desperate plus I’m sure I’ve forgotten some kids etc. Edit: Or you could have Skelton inside JAC with Kiraz at fb. Plenty of guys to make a good backline.

If only they’d piss Okunbor off, but maybe they rate him? Or he’s not on heaps. Gus clearly wanted to clear these bad contracts from before his time. Citric and Allan combined for $1m supposedly!
alamoti skelton are unproven though in first grade and Casey isn't any better than Allan