Corey Allan and Josh Mansour contract demands prove a stumbling block

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Allan's not worth much more than 300k imo. He did pretty well to get that at the Rabbioths. It's hard to see Mansour getting a deal that's more than 2 seasons. I think he's looking at about 400k (with Panthers chipping in for 2021) imo, but he is only a short-term option. With JAC coming over and DWZ (and Okunbor) already being here, Averillo potentially our long term fullback, I don't see us making a play for either.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Corey Allan would be a good pick up but I just think the 'Dogs need to focus on a no. 9 and prop having already signed Cotric and Addo-Carr and needing to find a spot for Averillo

not a fan of signing Mansour at all

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I reckon just forget about Mansour unless it's a sealer for us getting Burton in 21...and we don't need Allan at all we have signed JAC.
Fergo was plain this year, is a good hitup man running out of his end but is he better than Mansour idk..got doubts either would be much value really.

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d be all for Mansour if it meant his good mate and inside man Stephen Crichton followed him

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I hope Penrith get stuck with Mansour, they don't how to do business ,Canterbury want Burton and there's no point keeping him at Penrith but they dig the heels in,I hope Mansour digs them in too stuff Cleary

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Take over Mansour's final year contract at Penrith & give him an extra 50k for his inconvenience.

BUT it's 2021 only as Foxx will be our left winger in 2022

AND ONLY if they release Burton to us for 2021.

That's it, no if's, no other buts.

Then once That's all done, announce Stephen Crichton from 2022 on a 4 year deal that has already been agreed to before the Mansour/Burton deal (here's hoping anyway).

Then tell Ivan to stick that one in his pipe & smoke it.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With Crichton gone for the year on Okunbor out for at least half the season. Mansour would be a good buy, but only one season. No way is Allan worth 500K.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Swap Lewis for burton and mansour for 21 they get a bit of relief by just paying Lewis salary and we pay mansours.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I’d be all for Mansour if it meant his good mate and inside man Stephen Crichton followed him
we cant afford both and we only want one of them

Bigdogbite

Waterboy
Reaction score
Take over Mansour's final year contract at Penrith & give him an extra 50k for his inconvenience.

BUT it's 2021 only as Foxx will be our left winger in 2022

AND ONLY if they release Burton to us for 2021.

That's it, no if's, no other buts.

Then once That's all done, announce Stephen Crichton from 2022 on a 4 year deal that has already been agreed to before the Mansour/Burton deal (here's hoping anyway).

Then tell Ivan to stick that one in his pipe & smoke it.
i swear some blokes think theres no salary caps.
Riff wont do.us any favours after weve raided them we dont need them to.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fortunately for us, I believe we have more Salary cap space than any other club, which could help us get what want.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Any team needing a decent player who they've allowed to come off contract can potentially raid them though. But Barrett having seen their juniors in development was in a great position to know who he wanted.

And I think that they're stupid if they do favours to any club. I wish we'd been less prone to allowing players to leave. Guys like Finucane and Klemmer (who I personally don't want back) would improve our pack. Barba I have no issues with since he was trouble. But ideally we should have gotten more than some free seats in compensation. He was the hottest property at the time and a key part of our team. We shouldn't have released him without a player of some quality in return.