• Sheer stupidity by a desperate Folkes

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MaRvIn~KaRaWaNa~

Waterboy
Reaction score
a good decision by folkesy takes some pressure off anasta who move 2 lock a smart move by folkes which will pay off on sunday. Corey is a good utility who will slot into the no.6 jersey just fine.

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gotta try something. Their attack has been ordinary. Lock suits Anasta better as well.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
dont really care just so long as he doesnt acually try to take over

Sherwin is such a good kicker with good vision I dont know what Corey would be thinking if he trys to over take and relieve Sherwin of kicking duties

if I had sharpshooter for a halfback in my team like Sherwin I would step back and let him kick on every ocassion even if I was playing 5-8th

smarty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
not really a stroke of genius :p but i think it will make us a better team come sunday

Brissy Bulldog

Proud to be a Bulldog
Reaction score
An extract from an article posted in another thread:

In a surprise move to bolster the Bulldogs' defence, coach Steve Folkes named NSW five-eighth Braith Anasta at lock, with Corey Hughes to wear the No.6 jersey.

"We just need to strengthen out forwards a little bit," explained Folkes.

"Hopefully it's only a temporary measure and he'll be back at five-eighth."

Premiers04

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think with what folkesy said in that other article he has been spot on. Braith has been playing a lock forwards game for the past couple of weeks, and by moving him to the forwards may give shifty more of a chance to dominate the game and control it. I expect that corey will play no part in the kicking game and Sherwin will take all the kicks except Anasta will kick when we need a good clearance.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
it shouldnt change anasta's game too much
and hughes has history in that position, just make sure that he passes the ball

H

Hazmak

Why is everyone doubting Hughes so much?

I reckon with an O'Meley / Asotasi / Armit / C Tonga platform.....ANY 5/8th would be able to perform well.

Christabella

Reaction score
I wouldn't call it stupidity or genius ... I much prefer that backrow to some we have seen this year but as for Corey at 5/8, as long as he keeps the kicking to a minimum we'll be fine ... and if he doesn't I won't hesitate to carry out my threat from earlier this year ;) LOL

gibbo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
im a corey hughes fan the guy always plays with lots of heart and passion, but i would of left him on the bench, Anasta at lock is a great decision but i would of give Marvin the number six and dropped bridesmaid back to regi's

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
no everyone agrees with folkes decision IMO

T

TdoggBulldog

IMO i think Hughes puts away good kicks plenty of times, and i think he wont fail to impress this w/e... folkes knows the team best... and he knows whats best for anasta and hughes and the whole team... i think it will turn out to be a good decision...i rekon we will see anasta still gettin a few kicks away and sherwin dominating the kicking

H

Hazmak

Yes...give 5/8th to an inexperienced child, while we are sitting on 12th!

Corey is the best replacement that we had, and I'm sure thats why Folkesy chose him.

Status
Not open for further replies.