Cops quiz Terry after he runs over security guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_crusader

I'm a big blob of LARD
Reaction score
OPS gave John Terry a breath test early yesterday after he ran over a Chelsea official's leg - then drove off.

Security chief Steve Rowley's left limb was trapped under a wheel of Terry's 4x4 Range Rover as the Blues skipper headed away from the club's Stamford Bridge ground.

Onlookers who saw the incident, which followed Chelsea's Champions League defeat by Inter Milan on Tuesday night, shouted: "Oh my God."

Terry's two-timed wife Toni - in the 4x4's passenger seat - put her hand over her mouth.

The defender, axed as England captain over his affair with pal Wayne Bridge's ex Vanessa Perroncel, drove off to his £4million mansion in Oxshott, Surrey.

Pain-racked Mr Rowley, 35, was tended by paramedics.

At first it was feared his leg had been broken. But last night he said it was "badly bruised".

Terry, 29, insisted he had no idea he had hit Mr Rowley amid a jostling crowd of photographers and fans gathered outside the West London ground.

But he was made aware of the incident when club officials rang him after being contacted by cops.

Terry called police and agreed to go to his local nick. But instead officers went to his home at 1.30am.

They questioned him over the accident and gave him a breath test, which was negative.

Terry - who left the pitch in a black mood after Chelsea's loss - later phoned deputy security manager Mr Rowley to say sorry.

And he plans to visit him today to deliver a personal apology.

A source said: "John and Toni had no idea Steve Rowley had been run over.

"There was a melée of fans and photographers around John's car and it was getting out of hand.

"Toni put her hand over her mouth because she was worried about people scuffling by the car."

Terry's spokesman Phil Hall said: "The police breath-tested John and there was not a trace of alcohol.

"He hadn't had a single drop to drink. He phoned the guy when he found out who he was and apologised.

"He said, 'I'm sorry you got hurt but I had no idea.'

"Steve says he was pushed and jostled by photographers."

A hotel worker who saw a "commotion" said a fan told him dozens of people had been hanging around to get photos of Chelsea stars on their mobiles.

The worker added: "I suppose John expected them to part like the Red Sea.

"It appeared the man who was hit had his back to the car and didn't realise how near it was.

"The fan said John did stop but only briefly as he was waved on his way by a security guard who did not want the car mobbed."

A Chelsea spokesman said Terry was driving only "at 1-2mph" in a queue of traffic.

In a statement last night, Mr Rowley said: "There's no bad feeling at all on my part.

"It wasn't John's fault, it was a complete accident."

Scotland Yard said: "There have been no arrests and inquiries continue."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...hn-Terry-runs-over-steward.html#ixzz0iWVe1Co0

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
LOL he was going at 1-2 miles an hr, he's out of control. nothing incident

MeskBrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
OWWWWWWW MY ****ING LEG HE IT ME AT 2 MILES AN HOUR

harden up you ****ing girl

the_crusader

I'm a big blob of LARD
Reaction score
a two ton Range Rover at any speed running over your leg would kill

MeskBrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
it hit his leg, if it ran over it, it would of have to been broken.

it was just a "bruise" it says in the rags

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
besides it his own fault standing that close to the bloody car, no cover up

Status
Not open for further replies.