Not open for further replies.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
If Sharks or Roosters sign him, it shows the game is a joke.

Releasing Friend will piss off their playing group (more than ours) as he is highly respected at Roosters as a player and captain.

Sharks don't have the cap room, nor do Roosters. It's all paper talk.

Dragons might have some cap space.

Imagine if Parra signed him. Norman and Cronk.. lethal combo.

On another note, could all this crap about us being over the cap be a charade by our club to make it seem we are over, shed players, and snag Cronk?
No. Pay also said early on that we pretty much have who we will have for next year, and he is going to work with it. Its more roosters style to rip the side apart to fit an expensive cameo player in at the last minute. Doubt its ours. I personally dont want Cronk. I just want 2018 to start with our new coaching team. Im happy with who we have at the moment.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
No. Pay also said early on that we pretty much have who we will have for next year, and he is going to work with it. Its more roosters style to rip the side apart to fit an expensive cameo player in at the last minute. Doubt its ours. I personally dont want Cronk. I just want 2018 to start with our new coaching team. Im happy with who we have at the moment.
Our clubs famous for mind games too... if Cronk shortsighted the club and said "I want you to try and fit me in", the club would do so.

That said I can't see how any club can afford Cronk.

NRL would have to price him at minimum $1 million, and I reckon his asking price would be closer to $1.5 a season.

Roosters would have to release 2-3 decent players to get that sort of free money.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Hey I got an idea. Release Eastwood.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
How can the Roosters bring in Tedesco and Cronk with the squad they already have. Its a joke.
I want the Roosters to release 3 players in their current top 25. And I mean good name players. Friend is one, two more to go.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Telecrap reckon Rorters can fit him in the cap by only offloading Jayden Nikorima to Donks.

According to Buzz the Boozer they were $200k under this year, so prepaid some players do they had it next year. He also reckons they cut Fergusons pay coz of off field issues.

He's listed the team and his guess at salaries, with Pearce as an $800k reserve. Conk & Teddy each on $1M. Friend on $500k. Blah blah blah ...

Of course he doesn't list how much in paper bags, minimal interest home loans, hidden investments etc etc

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Telecrap reckon Rorters can fit him in the cap by only offloading Jayden Nikorima to Donks.

According to Buzz the Boozer they were $200k under this year, so prepaid some players do they had it next year. He also reckons they cut Fergusons pay coz of off field issues.

He's listed the team and his guess at salaries, with Pearce as an $800k reserve. Conk & Teddy each on $1M. Friend on $500k. Blah blah blah ...

Of course he doesn't list how much in paper bags, minimal interest home loans, hidden investments etc etc
what time was the article written. That'll give you an indication how inebriated he was when he pressed publish button.

Friend would be on more than $500k, and Cronk will ask far beyond $1 million.

From memory Ben Hunt, Dugan and DCE are on that coin.

Cronk will be on $1.2+ easily.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Since roosters are offloading .. let's make a play for Manu.... bloke has all the makings of a superb second rower/centre

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No team should touch ANY Roosters player to allow this to happen. This would gift them a premiership - another corrupt one. What's one more?

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Buzz if you are scanning the Kennell .... you are full of $hit !!!!

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only problem is that he yells "touched" in defence!
This sucks totally but I get Eastwood digging his heels in. I blame the decision makers who set up this deal.

..... sorry this was a reply to the Eastwood comment above.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
According to Alex Blair at the Telegraph..
http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/co...m/news-story/bcfde8012e244ab33045d4526d25adbb

Roosters - He claims are $650k under the cap from this season (if true they are cheating the cap).
Parra - He claims will use money left over from Radradra departure. Except Semi wasn't on over a million a season, and Cronk will be.
Sharks - He claims fielded a side $1 million under the cap last season (if true they are cheating the cap too!)

All sources point to BULLSHIT all round.

The only problem is that he yells "touched" in defence!
hahaha touch footy throwback!

Last edited:

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
Pretty damn certain we tried but he dug his heels in. This will be his last big pay year.
Will be his last year, period. Nobody else will pay even minimum wage for that fat fuck

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
According to Alex Blair at the Telegraph..
http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/co...m/news-story/bcfde8012e244ab33045d4526d25adbb

Roosters - He claims are $650k under the cap from this season (if true they are cheating the cap).
Parra - He claims will use money left over from Radradra departure. Except Semi wasn't on over a million a season, and Cronk will be.
Sharks - He claims fielded a side $1 million under the cap last season (if true they are cheating the cap too!)

All sources point to BULLSHIT all round.

hahaha touch footy throwback!
Is there still a salary cap floor?
I remember we got fined one season for being under the said salary cap floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.