Opinion Cook and Tedesco

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
850k a year? He played 5 games for us, where did you get that from? His current contract is worth that. His original contract for the 2016 season, before he got extended last year, was worth barely over 350k a year for two years. They had McInnes and Paul Carter at the same time.
It was $850k including TPAs. As I said, he was offered a contract with Souths way more than we could afford, and for a longer term.

We simply couldn't compete with our cap situation.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It was $850k including TPAs. As I said, he was offered a contract with Souths way more than we could afford, and for a longer term.

Bud come on......
His new contract after break out origin series was 900k
Do you really think they signed him from us after 5 games on 850k to play second fiddle to Cameron McInnes which he did...

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

You're completely mistaken. It's just not true. It was just Des prioritising his pet Lichaa and spending all the money backending mediocre props and second rowers.

Cook wouldn't get TPA's as a bench hooker no matter how much he stood out for us in those games.

Doggies2015

Kennel Established
Reaction score

I honestly don’t know if your being serious with this

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You're completely mistaken. It's just not true. It was just Des prioritising his pet Lichaa and spending all the money backending mediocre props and second rowers.

Cook wouldn't get TPA's as a bench hooker no matter how much he stood out for us in those games.
Sounds like the reality of it, but what would I know? Sweet FA when it comes to players worth/contacts etc..that’s why I never get into it, I’m just a Doggies fan for 30+ years.. but it’s good to listen an learn :grinning:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sounds like the reality of it, but what would I know? Sweet FA when it comes to players worth etc..that’s why I never get into it, I’m just a Doggies fan for 30+ years.. but it’s good to listen an learn :grinning:
Unfortunately too many of us remember every detail of Cook's last season with us and subsequent departure to Souths because it's haunted the club ever since.

Most of us were furious at the time and unfortunately we were proven right but in the absolute worst case scenario because he's dominated ever since becoming a full time hooker.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Unfortunately too many of us remember every detail of Cook's last season with us and subsequent departure to Souths because it's haunted the club ever since.

Most of us were furious at the time and unfortunately we were proven right but in the absolute worst case scenario because he's dominated ever since becoming a full time hooker.
Right you are, and that’s logic!!

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Doesn't matter, we would still be fucked and would have to release them after 3 months anyway

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Seriously get over it, it was 4 years ago that Cook left.
We would get over it if we didn't have an ineffective utility half masquerading as an 80 minute hooker and Lichaa as our FG options after all these years.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
It was Raelene the fat fuck Castle who was in charge then yeH? A real ceo would of listened to the fans and known to pressure Hasler to keep cook
Pretty hard to do when Greenberg and Dib granted him complete control of the football department. Get a clue.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cook and Tedesco ain’t no JT both good talented players but JT was really the one that got away no comparison really

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Not retaining Cook and botching the Tedesco signing is actually a worse fuck up than losing JT.

They pair have very quickly become big game players aswell as usually being the most influential players during the regular season.

Atleast with JT we had a successful team and established halves. It appeared to be the sensible decision at the time to let him go.

What's worse now is that these two guns would have fulfilled crucial spine positions we have had glaring weaknesses in for years. Not just filling the positions but actually excelling and creating scoring chances.
If we had JT all those years, we would've won the comp in 06, 09, 12, and 14.

I don't know that Cook and Tedesco would've done the same for us!

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Cook got about $225k in his first couple of season at Souths. I'm sure there was a way to keep him if we wanted to but as others have said Hasler would have ruined his game, no way he would have been allowed like he did at Souths.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty hard to do when Greenberg and Dib granted him complete control of the football department. Get a clue.
This is true but still it goes to show how incompetent she was, and Greenberg left us this mess and the **** has hated us since he left

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Cook got about $225k in his first couple of season at Souths. I'm sure there was a way to keep him if we wanted to but as others have said Hasler would have ruined his game, no way he would have been allowed like he did at Souths.
I agree with all of that except for the last part. Even playing Desball Cook dominated in those games. I'm sure Des would have micromanaged his game and tried to turn him into a robot like everyone else but wouldn't have succeeded with Cook. But I agree that he went to another level when being given the freedom and role he deserved.