Controversy Corner tore Rothfield a new one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone know if he's married or has kids? Barely anything known about his personal life.??

I can't imagine so as:
a) it'd require someone to wake up looking at that head every morning.
b) it'd require someone being desperate enough to (or accepting payment) to have sex with him (and thats assuming he can even get it up anymore over anything except a Sharks victory).

If he's been banging prosties, we at least know were he gets them from.

Have a go at this ***** BS excuse for how he got caught out LOL... it's almost as good as photographers taking photos on a 3rd story balcony from street level.

The gambling scandal
In 2016, Rothfield was caught up in a controversy involving gambler Eddie Hayson, who was at the centre of some betting scandals in rugby league and racing.

Fairfax Media’s Nick McKenzie and Kate McClymont broke the news in mid-2016 on smh.com.au.

“It was really, really hard,” Rothfield told Mediaweek. “I was used to writing this sort of story about other people.”

Rothfield confessed what happened was a mistake that he has learnt from.

“He [Hayson] was a very good contact of mine. He gave me a lot of big stories over the years. In return I bought him tickets to go to the football, not for free though.

“I used my credit card and paid for the tickets. He paid me back, but he put the money into my TAB account rather than giving me the money itself. This was a mistake I made.”

The story made multiple headlines on various news outlets. These are not the sorts of headlines Rothfield ever wanted to attract. “It was a really, really hard time for me and my family.

“I had unbelievable support from News Corp. They did a month-long investigation, which cleared me of any wrongdoing. I am pleased with the way it worked out.”

As a result of unwanted media attention and backlash on social platforms, Rothfield stepped away from his duties at News Corp for a brief period. He said this helped him clear his head out.

“I suffered a bit of anxiety from it. I needed some time off to deal with it,” he said. “I am in a much better place now.”

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
“I suffered a bit of anxiety from it. I needed some time off to deal with it,
That wasn't anxiety buzz that was just your body shutting down because you went 3 minutes without a schooner

Reactions: K E

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
“I suffered a bit of anxiety from it. I needed some time off to deal with it,
That wasn't anxiety buzz that was just your body shutting down because you went 3 minutes without a schooner
Rumour has it Rothfield's circulation system is 95% alcohol and 5% blood.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
hahaha reminds me of the nights I play Battlefield with @Hacky McAxe @south of heaven and others.

I have the microphone on and one night someone goes "what the fuck is that noise", and I crack up... it was our 36kg show bred Labrador snoring her arse off at full volume.
You reminded me of a incident I had playing online with a few mates. We were in an online party together so we could all chat while playing. Anyhow the missus was feeling a bit frisky and kept on interrupting my game playing to entice me to "deal with her" so I told my mates I'd be back shortly the missus needed help with something but I'll stay in the chat so I could jump back on when I was finished. Now, you can probably guess what happened, in a rush to "deal" with the missus I forgot to mute the mic. So my mates ended up hearing the missus and I having some "fun time" together on the lounge. My mates still bring up the story about it at times.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
UNFOLLOW ROTHFIELD.

He gloats about having 80,000 followers. I suggest that anyone who is following him on twitter or instagram, not to. Why give this guy the air that he needs to keep his job. The more this self centred hypocrite creates a headline and gets a reaction only benefits him,his job and the DT.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He should of just owned what they were trying to do instead of playing it down and just said yes we make money from selling papers and it worked

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
UNFOLLOW ROTHFIELD.

He gloats about having 80,000 followers. I suggest that anyone who is following him on twitter or instagram, not to. Why give this guy the air that he needs to keep his job. The more this self centred hypocrite creates a headline and gets a reaction only benefits him,his job and the DT.
He has bought at least half of his followers anyway.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Phil Rothfield you are an unethical media scum..

You just made yourself look like an absolute hypocritical scum on controversy corner.

You criticise the fine Mitchell Pearce received for his act in a private place. But, you write about and along with your low life unethical scum news reporters take photos of players from the outside of a private place, but you think this is ok.

You are nothing but a low life trying to ruin the lives of young individuals for such minor offences that you report about to put a beer on your table. Without these young men that play the game, you don't have a job.

You would have to be one of the most negative human beings going around looking for some negative news to justify your worth.
You have only created haters towards yourself and the DT.

You may not see the effect now but over time when your sales of your paper continue to slide like it is currently down 5.1% you won't have a job. Get off your high horse and report with integrity, you low life.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I like the way he pretty much threatens the club. Like if you don’t give us access you know what’s going to happen. The club knows that all they are going to do with the official pictures of the start of the day are use the sentence with “what started out as an end of year celebration soon spiraling into another disaster for the embattled Bulldogs”... Just have to manage these things better as they are always going to trade on our name to drum up these stories. If I was the media manager the first suggestion of the Harbour View I would have said Nup too open that roof top to telescopic lenses. Let’s rethink..

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
He backed down pretty quickly when one of them said hey hey hey hey now come on Phil we’ve all heard stories about... He didn’t go further but it was a pointed little reminder that not everyone is a saint in this room..

Status
Not open for further replies.