Opinion Contracted players for 2020 that need to be tapped on the shoulder at the end of this season.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would like the club to give certain players the "ricky stuart" and tell them they are not part of the future plans and encourage them to try and find a new contract.. even though they are contracted for 2020.

My list is:

Hopoate - need him gone ASAP and may attract some interest
Montoya - doubt will get any takers
Holland - doubt there will be any takers but Gus has a hard on for him
Tolman - been a great servant, but his service is no longer required and may be needed elsewhere
Elliott - needs to go and apparently had big interest from Parra when his contract was renewed in 2017, but doubt he would still have the same interest..

Im sure I could name another half a dozen, but these are the top of my list...

Foran is an obvious choice, but no club will touch him with the size of that contract, so he may as well stay and may have something to offer next year with a stronger roster..

Thoughts ??

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Players like Elliott and Tolman will compliment a good full of stars like the Roosters or Storm. I'm sure they will get some interest.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can add RFM, Sue and Chris Smith too.

It might be easier to answer with the players you'd extend and they Reimis Smith, DWZ and Renouf.

Even Renouf is a question mark to re-sign because he's 24 with little NRL under his belt. This is why he needs game time ASAP to make a decision.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I would like the club to give certain players the "ricky stuart" and tell them they are not part of the future plans and encourage them to try and find a new contract.. even though they are contracted for 2020.

My list is:

Tolman - been a great servant, but his service is no longer required and may be need elsewhere
Elliott - needs to go and apparently had big interest from Parra when his contract was renewed in 2017, but doubt he would still have the same interest..

Foran is an obvious choice, but no club will touch him with the size of that contract, so he may as well stay and may have something to offer next year with a stronger roster..

Thoughts ??
Pretty much sums it up perfectly!!

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can add RFM, Sue and Chris Smith too.

It might be easier to answer with the players you'd extend and they Reimis Smith, DWZ and Renouf.

Even Renouf is a question mark to re-sign because he's 24 with little NRL under his belt. This is why he needs game time ASAP to make a decision.
Like I said I reckon I could add another half a dozen LOL .. Smith definitely, RFM im undecided..

Sue I left out though because has a great work ethic at training apparently and I reckon he would be a good mentor in reserve grade..

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

My list is:

Tolman - been a great servant, but his service is no longer required and may be needed elsewhere

Thoughts ??
I agree 100 per cent. Couldn't have said it any better

Reactions: GDR

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Like I said I reckon I could add another half a dozen LOL .. Smith definitely, RFM im undecided..

Sue I left out though because has a great work ethic at training apparently and I reckon he would be a good mentor in reserve grade..
The way I see it if they aren't part of the plans long term and we have a chance to get them to go earlier we should take it.

Jacko is a bit like the elephant in the room if he wanted to go I wouldn't stand in his way either.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The way I see it if they aren't part of the plans long term and we have a chance to get them to go earlier we should take it.

Jacko is a bit like the elephant in the room if he wanted to go I wouldn't stand in his way either.
yeah im a bit torn about jacko .. because he has been a great servant and is the captain, I feel he at least deserves to see out his contract.. I would definitely not renew it..

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah im a bit torn about jacko .. because he has been a great servant and is the captain, I feel he at least deserves to see out his contract.. I would definitely not renew it..
Jackson has been a fantastic player but something isn’t right this year
I don’t think his body is up to it anymore to be honest
It’s unfortunate because the passion he brought to our team and personal performances were second to none back in the day
Our club has to make tough decisions in moving forward if we want to see success again one day
Time to call full time

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
For the group of player who's contract ends this year
I would only keep Fualalo, Harper and Katoa pending on their asking price
As for the out of contract at the 2020 season end
It's a different kettle of fish, it all depends on if we could get better players to replace them if possible this year
Elliott, RFM, Holland, Montoya, C. Smith and Sue
As for Foran, His form has been good but the question is...
Is he over his injuries ?
Who can we replace him with ?
Our biggest problem is Can we attract quality if Pay is still there ???

Last edited:

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Jacko isn't handling the captaincy well...Solution is Relief him of it and play him at lock !!!

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think Holland might get some interest. He's well above average in attack with good goalkicking.

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’ld keep Tolman as a bench player or back up but the rest is gone
Hoppa is better at fullback but we got Meaney and DWZ so he’s gone as he is a shit centre
Holland gone although he has offloads for second p
Jacko isn't handling the captaincy well...Solution is Relief him of it and play him at lock !!![/QUOT
Jacko isn't handling the captaincy well...Solution is Relief him of it and play him at lock !!!
tell Dean Pay that we all know it but he won’t do it like I said
WE HAVE A SHIT ROSTER BUT AT LEAST MAKE A PROPER ATTEMPT AT PICKING A SIDE

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This year we have - Brown, Lichaa, Fualalo, Tualau, Harper, Katoa, Martin all off contract.

I would not re-sign any of them

Next year we have the majority of the squad off contract and the only players i would re-sign are - Jackson, DWZ, JMK (NSW Cup Depth), Remis Smith, Brandon Wakeham, Sue (NSW Cup Depth)

Players contracted beyond 2020 - Napa (2021), Crichton (2021), Meaney (2021), Stimson (2022), CHN (2022), Ogden (2021), Whoopi (2021)

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Jacksons lost all confidence in the club (and like the other players), in the coach.

Some of the players we have are dead wood, but regardless we should be doing FAR better than we are.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’ld keep Tolman as a bench player or back up but the rest is gone
Hoppa is better at fullback but we got Meaney and DWZ so he’s gone as he is a shit centre
Holland gone although he has offloads for second p
The right man for the right job...Never fails !

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
As for Foran, His form has been good but the question is...
Is he over his injuries ?
Who can we replace him with ?
Our biggest problem is Can we attract quality if Pay is still there ???
Foran has to take a huge pay cut if he wants to stay and that’s if he stays injury free.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
This year we have - Brown, Lichaa, Fualalo, Tualau, Harper, Katoa, Martin all off contract.

I would not re-sign any of them

Next year we have the majority of the squad off contract and the only players i would re-sign are - Jackson, DWZ, JMK (NSW Cup Depth), Remis Smith, Brandon Wakeham, Sue (NSW Cup Depth)

Players contracted beyond 2020 - Napa (2021), Crichton (2021), Meaney (2021), Stimson (2022), CHN (2022), Ogden (2021), Whoopi (2021)
I’d re-sign Katoa he’s got potential and would be cheap.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Jacksons lost all confidence in the club (and like the other players), in the coach.

Some of the players we have are dead wood, but regardless we should be doing FAR better than we are.
Totally agree