Status
Not open for further replies.

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Went to watch game today at Leichhardt.
Keebra won 25 to 12
Keebra players contracted to dogs .
3 .Sebastian Winters Chang - Played left centre , not very big but is good on his feet and has good speed . Made a try from nothing with these qualities. Defended ok .
6. Paul Karaitiana ( forgot to watch him closely) but he went ok .
10. Devontai Seumanutafa
Reminds me of James Pickering for those who can remember him . Solid boy not extremely tall but made some damaging runs . Hits hard in defence .
13. Brock Hamilton
Could become a cult hero . Solid shortish body with thick long red curly hair . Runs hard defends well gets very involved in the game . Could be a good one.

Westfields
1. Joel Saldaneri
Very quick and elusive but may be a bit small .
Scored a great try with his speed injected into backline play .
5. Kursk Chan
Played a solid wingers game. Made a couple of errors towards the end. Runs hard solid boy .
Promising.
6. Jake Averillo
Great game in losing side . Good alround game . Played right edge with right foot kicking game . Scored an intercept try and worried the defence constantly with speed strength and step . Kicked all his goals including a beauty from right touch line. Defended well and kicked ok in general play. One to watch I reckon.
7. Tommy Talau
Big boy for halfback
Great running game . Defended well but missed a crucial tackle at end to let in try. Ok kicking game. Passed and organised ok playing on left edge. Being a right foot kick may be better on right edge .
12. Jordan Main
Tried and worked hard. Did his bit without standing out .
15. Jacob Snowball
Didn't realise we had signed him so I didn't watch him closely. Don't remember him doing anything spectacular.
17. William Saunders
Only came On towards the end made a couple of good tackles. Didn't see enough of him to create an opinion.
18. Terrance Toomata
Didn't play.

The 2 best players and ones I feel may have the best futures are David Fifita (second row) and tanyr Boyd ( half) for Keebra. Broncos have both.
Anyhow looks like our new recruitment officer is doing a great job already. Most of the kids look fairly promising without knowing their ages. Some could be year 11 kids.

Last edited:

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Awesome summary mate, some good young kids in there by the sound of things.

Hopefully they develop accordingly and a couple make it to the elite level.

Thanks for the taking the time to put this together...

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Did you see the hit that Hamilton did at the kick off. Cut him in half

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Keebra won 25 to 12
3 .Sebastian Winters Chang - Played left centre , not very big but is good on his feet and has good speed . Made a try from nothing with these qualities. Defended ok .

Westfields

5. Kursk Chan
Played a solid wingers game. Mmissed a crucial tackle at end to let in try. Ok kicking game.
Chan & Chang ? Would be the first Chinese to play NRL if they make it.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Keebra won 25 to 12
10. Devontai Seumanutafa
Reminds me of James Pickering for those who can remember him . Solid boy not extremely tall but made some damaging runs . Hits hard in defence .
13. Brock Hamilton
Could become a cult hero . Solid shortish body with thick long red curly hair . Runs hard defends well gets very involved in the game . Could be a good one.

Westfields
1. Joel Saldaneri
5. Kursk Chan
Played a solid wingers game. Made a couple of errors towards the end. Runs hard solid boy .
Promising.
6. Jake Averillo
Great game in losing side . Good alround game . Played right edge with right foot kicking game . Scored an intercept try and worried the defence constantly with speed strength and step . Kicked all his goals including a beauty from right touch line. Defended well and kicked ok in general play. One to watch I reckon.
7. Tommy Talau
Big boy for halfback
Great running game . Defended well but missed a crucial tackle at end to let in try. Ok kicking game. Passed and organised ok playing on left edge. Being a right foot kick may be better on right edge .
12. Jordan Main
15. Jacob Snowball
Didn't realise we had signed him so I didn't watch him closely. Don't remember him doing anything spectacular.
17. William Saunders
Only came On towards the end made a couple of good tackles. Didn't see enough of him to create an opinion.
18. Terrance Toomata
Didn't play.

The 2 best players and ones I feel may have the best futures are David Fifita (second row) and tanyr Boyd ( half) for Keebra. Broncos have both.
Anyhow looks like our new recruitment officer is doing a great job already. Most of the kids look fairly promising without knowing their ages. Some could be year 11 kids.

If that kid turns out half as good as Pickering without the injuries he will star!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Keebra won 25 to 12
10. Devontai Seumanutafa
13. Brock Hamilton

Westfields
1. Joel Saldaneri
5. Kursk Chan
Promising.
6. Jake Averillo
7. Tommy Talau
Big boy for halfback
12. Jordan Main
15. Jacob Snowball
17. William Saunders
18. Terrance Toomata
Didn't play.

Nice work mate. Thanks for putting this summary together for us all.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Keebra won 25 to 12
10. Devontai Seumanutafa
Reminds me of James Pickering for those who can remember him . Solid boy not extremely tall but made some damaging runs . Hits hard in defence
Dont do that to the poor kid.. Pickering had an injury riddled career

Steve Wilson

Waterboy
Reaction score
Averillo, snowball, saldinieri all play for moorebank in the local comp. Dillon also plays for them and has them for pace easily, in the the grand final a couple of weeks ago, he destroyed leichhardt and put averillo over for 2 untouched tries, on the back of 2 blistering breaks, when the game was in the balance, im hearing we have a battle on our hands to keep him, with the roosters and sharks very keen on his signature. Averillo has a good passing and kicking game and also kicks goals, is very weak in defence at the back, needs to put his body on the line if he is to play fullback at rep level, is probably more a half. Saldienieri is a bench player at best, tends to hog the football, and has been replaced in many games in the past few years because of this, don't know much about the qld boy's. Over the past few years watching our local juniors not just at rep level, but in club games and knowing what opposition they are coming up against week to week, dillon and averillo are the pick of the local kids.

waxon

New Pup
Reaction score
I seen this Moorebank game if the kid in the centres wearing head gear was Dillon. this kid was a class above i would be looking to sign this kid. I did hear the leichhardt side had a lot of tigers sgball players in it. so it was a big effort from this kid

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keebra won 25 to 12
10. Devontai Seumanutafa
13. Brock Hamilton

Westfields
1. Joel Saldaneri
5. Kursk Chan
Promising.
6. Jake Averillo
7. Tommy Talau
Big boy for halfback
12. Jordan Main
15. Jacob Snowball
17. William Saunders
18. Terrance Toomata
Didn't play.

Thx mate. Great work!

That talau is willie's kid, aye? I believe he has a brother too playing in our system

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
There was an alex chan that played for eels a few years back
Maori, Chinese descent.

Kytak Chan is actually Sudanese (or thereabouts) from memory.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Keebra won 25 to 12
10. Devontai Seumanutafa
13. Brock Hamilton

Westfields
1. Joel Saldaneri
5. Kursk Chan
Promising.
6. Jake Averillo
7. Tommy Talau
Big boy for halfback
12. Jordan Main
15. Jacob Snowball
17. William Saunders
18. Terrance Toomata
Didn't play.

Thanks for the summary!

Sadly I do not see any quality coming through the 20s. Either the talent is not there or its much harder to crack first grade these days. Instead we've had to persist with plodders.

We need speed and creativity in 1-5 positions assuming Mbye and Foran can hold their own and Lichaa/Brown share 9 duties.

Status
Not open for further replies.