Conspiracy: Will they let the cowboys win?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Australian bookmakers face a multi-million-dollar wipeout as North Queensland threaten to pull off the biggest grand final upset in NRL history

Veteran bookmaker Gerard Daffy said the Cowboys were the longest-priced pre-finals underdogs since sports betting was legalised in Australia in 1993

Most agencies had Paul Green’s injury-depleted side at 66-1 to win the title after scraping into eighth spot, with some fans snapping up odds of 100-1 with Betfair.

“They needed miracles to make the eight,” Daffy told AAP on Thursday. “When [Johnathan] Thurston was ruled out for the rest of the season, no one gave them a chance.

Similar to the AFL’s Western Bulldogs last year, they were $67 heading into finals and big outsiders in each game. But what sets the Cows apart is that they’ve had the big travel each week and defied the odds each week.”

Daffy said UBET had received six times as many bets on the Cowboys than favourites Melbourne, who enter Sunday’s grand final at 4-1 on to win the premiership.

“We are seeing big bets for the Storm but once-a-year league punters are behind the Cows,” Daffy said. “It appears they’ve been adopted by everybody who doesn’t have a side in the finals.

“Those who back them each week are like the side itself: they have nothing to lose. They are playing with the bookies’ money after taking advantage of the three wins and the big odds available.

“If the Cows win, it’ll cost bookies Australia-wide millions. It’s a disastrous result [for bookmakers].”

https://www.google.com.pg/amp/s/amp...okmakers-to-lose-many-millions-if-cowboys-win

Not really into conspiracy but since there's alot of money involved and since I couldn't be bothered who wins , come this Sunday, Ill be watching every ruling with my tinfoil hat on .

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Tonight on Sterlo - we have Cam Smith Mic'd Up:

Smith - [whispers in Sutton's ear] "Oh Sir that has got to be a penalty."

*whistle blows*

Sutton - "Penalty Storm! Not in the 10."

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They don't even try to sweep this under the rug any more. Just casually write an article about it. Hidden in plain sight lol

This has George Bush written all over it

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I can't see how the Cowboys could possibly win this even if they did get help lol. Cowboys will need to be perfect while the Storm will just need to play well.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The NRL and the media will won't allow Cooper Cronk to leave on a low..

Anyway I think it's going to be a game between the halves.. Cooper Cronk v a JT infused Michael Morgan

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Anyway I think it's going to be a game between the halves.. Cooper Cronk v a JT infused Michael Morgan
Not a game of two halves Wolfy..? Lol.. I'm with you sister it'll be set for Cronk to go out a winner..

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
Nope, we will do to Cronk what has been done to certain broncos over the years.

Cronk as far as I am concerned can go cry to someone who cares.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Love an underdog, they got this far, as long as they do what they have done and not let the GF faze them its possible.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Melbourne will win by 9 points.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not a game of two halves Wolfy..? Lol.. I'm with you sister it'll be set for Cronk to go out a winner..
Yes it will be a game between the twinkletoes .
Not a game of completion rates or defence

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got a soft spot for the cowboys. Something just appeals about the gritty underdog.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Spot on, especially after the Storm went down last year so everyone could turn their porch lights off.

FAS33

Waterboy
Reaction score
"Hello, yes how many premierships would you like JT?"

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Hopefully Cowboys win big, and the payout is large enough to send a good chunk of the betting partners to the wall.

*****... the lot of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.