Official Consolidated Trent Barrett Leaving Bulldogs Thread

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes agree these errors have contributed to us losing games. But last season we had the best completion rate in the comp and did fuck all with it. That lack of creativity is something that a coach needs to address. Our fitness levels also are a major concern with our coach hasn’t addressed. He’s just not an nrl standard coach
There obviously a lot that tb hasnt addressed. Biggest one is his choice of coaching personel then his choice of tactics then his choice of players trying to play in positions not suited to their ability.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Word Is he got the golden handshake to save face for both parties.

Kikau and Mahoney we contacted to see their positions and both are still coming.

Obviously all new coaching staff as of 2023.
How about from right now........sure you and I and half the kennel could do a better job than those 4 clowns.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was able to recruit well and coached with heart. But unfortunately his stats speak for themselves. The club needs to move away from losing. Losing has become a habit for Trent, the players and the club.

He was unable to get the players to win with a decent roster. He tried different combinations but never really got any player to perform well consistently. Most players have gone backwards under Trent.

What’s Jim dymock doing these days?

Is Ennis a chance ?

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I know this is what the club needed BUT fuck it's still an awful feeling. He came to the club proud of his love for the Bulldogs and its traditions and heritage.

He tried to instil that into the playing group and had them mingle with the local community and kept bringing various ex-players to come and mingle with the young playing group.

He had the best intentions and I know this is a results-driven business but I think we've laid the boot into Trent quite enough. He was a good guy who again had his chance at coaching and it didn't work out for him or the team and club.

Good luck to him in his future endeavours and I hope he finds success in whatever he does next.
I think his first season rattled him so bad he never recovered from it

Doggy71

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We will find out if he actuallt lost the dressing room and if they were tanking.
No way should the pricks have been tanking,they get paid extremely well to do a job to the best of their ability,and if they were thats weak as piss and a total cop out.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
How about from right now........sure you and I and half the kennel could do a better job than those 4 clowns.
Well you won't find a bunch of blokes who love the Dogs as much as we do and want them to return to glory....

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good news. Barrett is a good assistant coach not an nrl coach. I dont blame him I actually blame our board's who, for the last decade, have made one bad decision after another. They should be the first people to stand up in front of the press and admit they totally screwed this club. I highly doubt its a rookie coach so you would have to think Green or Flannogan. The question is whether any of them can actually coach with Gould's helicopter style.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I bags baz's coaches jacket and shirt!

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Short and not so sweet
That's it? That's the official announcement?
Nothing about why, or where we go next?
Was this planned, or did Barrett surprise them?
Why wasn't the possibility considered, and a plan ready should it happen?
Does the club just sit on its hands and drift along, like our players do?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
They're probably a good bet now against the Tiges..still maintain some of this is on the playing group, Baz had shortcomings clearly but he wasn't dropping balls and giving away dumb penalties week after week.
We will smash the tigers.

I bet baz's golden handshake on it.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Barrett might be gone
But if anyone believes a new coach will save the season is honestly dreaming

I worry these days about catching the ball from a kick off and line drop out that has nothing to do with a coach
Also the amount of dropped balls is not the coaches fault either
The team needs to be held accountable
Maybe by the coach going the new coach won't take that shit and start dropping players
Exactly right, if these dh's start miraculously catching everything "whale oil beef hooked" :tearsofjoy: