Consolidated Pay Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope Barrett learnt from when brown was his coach and smacks all the players in the head

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If it’s Barrett, 2 year deal and then hope it works, if it doesn’t then move on, I would be going for wane though or Shane Flanagan

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Why the hard on for Barrett though? Are they not scared off by his record at Manly?

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Look if Pay is to see out the year, then I'm OK with that. It just means he has seen out his contract and won't be extended right?

Therefore he wasn't sacked.

Lebaneze Cartel

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Trent Barrett is definitely not a move forward, rather sideways.

If any of this is true, piss poor management to sack a coach without having a replacement already signed up

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why the hard on for Barrett though? Are they not scared off by his record at Manly?
Based on his record you'd think they would be but there's obviously more to it (my guess is Gus has something to do with it).
The way the board seems to work, maybe there is a connection there - he might be one of the "boys". Is he related to someone on the board?

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look if Pay is to see out the year, then I'm OK with that. It just means he has seen out his contract and won't be extended right?

Therefore he wasn't sacked.
Correct. They just told him we wont be required next year so he can still coach the team IF he wants to

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Based on his record you'd think they would be but there's obviously more to it (my guess is Gus has something to do with it).
The way the board seems to work, maybe there is a connection there - he might be one of the "boys". Is he related to someone on the board?
He's a good assistant. And a good attacking coach. At the very least he might help us raid some of the Panthers youngsters.

But I think there are several better options. If he is signed, it better be a two year deal with options in the teams favour to terminate the deal without full compensation in case he's a disaster.

I wouldn't be happy if they hire him but I'd try and look at the positives that for once we would have a young attack minded coach who can relate to and communicate with the players.

Donkey Slayer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Matty johns reckons Bellamy would only take us up a couple spots if we got him hahah
Yeah keep talking up your cockheqd knights who cant beat shit

When were back there all gunna hate it

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I will have respect for him if he comes out and says i won't be coaching next year as I'm not up to it, however I would like to see out the year with the squad.
Kevin Moore walked away. I would too. It depends on how much pride Pay has.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No one is coming knowing a coach is on a 1 year deal, he is either sacked or he gets 3 years.
I wouldn’t be so sure about that. It was reported if they stay with him he’d be offered a 2 year contract.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here’s hoping Bellamy is under radar and we have got him. Master stoke by the management to save their asses for few more years

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Here’s hoping Bellamy is under radar and we have got him. Master stoke by the management to save their asses for few more years
Please God, please let Mr craigo be correct and may he live a happy and prosperous life.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Correct. They just told him we wont be required next year so he can still coach the team IF he wants to
So you have info that its already done, Pay has been told and Barrett has got the gig??

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why the hell is there reports of Chris Anderson talking to possible coaches for the Bulldogs? Is this his role?
We, at Canterbury, just never learn do we - we have Chris Anderson, making the big (likely true) decisions for us. Not only does that struck me with ‘self-interest’ but it circulates a level of incompetence and precedence for poor decision making. Give me a break.
He should be nowhere near the operations of the business. Why are we so stuck in the 80’s?

Status
Not open for further replies.