Consolidated (Non Metal) Music Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Try listening to another song. Find a song you like and listen to it a few times. If that gets stuck in your head then listen to some other music. Just keeping listening to different types of music and nothing will stay stuck in your head for long. And most importantly If you like pina coladas, and getting caught in the rain, If you´re not into yoga, if you have half a brain.
Thanks for that wonderful tip especially the last lines ;)
Funny thing was I actually forgot about it this morning but now I know I'll be singing it again!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
How come there isn't a metal radio station?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
How come there isn't a metal radio station?
There are, they're just in other countries or online.

There's also metal segments. Full Metal Racket (Or the Racket as it's now called) on Triple J on Tuesday nights. They also had Distortion on Triple M on Saturday nights but I think they axed that.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Band: Parkway, Korn, Sunk Loto
Song: The Blue & They Grey
Genre: Hardcore, Metal
Album: Horizons, Korn, Big Picture Lies

The rest is way too hard.
Probably an unpopular opinion, but Life is Peachey shits all over Korn self titled IMO. Great album. Not that they've really released anything decent since. Follow the Leader and Issues were half decent. I think they went downhill fast once JD toned down the rage.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Probably an unpopular opinion, but Life is Peachey shits all over Korn self titled IMO. Great album. Not that they've really released anything decent since. Follow the Leader and Issues were half decent. I think they went downhill fast once JD toned down the rage.
ST has that sentimental vibe. First physical CD i ever paid for as a fucking 3rd grader in primary school haha.

New record is pretty great imo (unpopular opinion here).

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Song: Not even going to try to name a fave song. I prefer albums to individual songs anyway.

Favourite genre: I listen to all sorts of shit. If I had to pick a genre, probably art rock or prog metal.

Favourite lyric: Too many to mention again but how to disappear completely by Radiohead has always really resonated with me both musically and lyrically....

"That there/that's not me/ I go where I please/ I walk through walls/ I float down the Liffey/ I'm not here/ This isn't happening/ In a little while I'll be gone/The moment's already passed/ yeah it's gone/I'm not here/ This isn't happening/ Strobe lights and blown speakers/ Fireworks and hurricanes/ I'm not here/ This isn't happening.

Album: Hard again....probably Kid A by Radiohead or Aenema by Tool

Favourite cover: Devo's cover of Satisfaction is sublime!

Favourite male singer: Thom Yorke or Jeff Martin from the Tea Party

Favourite female singer: Kate Bush.

Worst song: most stuff that's been released in the past few decades with a few notable exceptions tbh.

Worst album: I try to avoid listening to bad albums the whole way through. Apart from You're the Voice, Whispering Jack hasn't aged too well haha.

Worst genre: credit card pop (or pop music that concerns itself with predominantly materialistic bullshit.) Yes, that's right. I'm talking about you Beyoncé.

Worst male singer: Ja Rule (especially when he tries to actually carry a tune....awful!) Mick Jagger.

Worst female singer: Beyoncé. Great voice but I really don't like what she stands for.

Guilty pleasure song: I listen to good music tbh. But probably
Uptown Girl or one of Billy Joel's nerdier songs.

Favourite film clip: Just by Radiohead or Quote/ Unquote by Mr Bungle

Sexiest male rock star: Eddie Vedder or...the yellow Wiggle

Sexiest female: I dont know what half the female singers these days look like (or male ones for that matter) I always found Shirley Manson from garbage to be pretty damn hot in a dark, disturbed kinda way.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
ST has that sentimental vibe. First physical CD i ever paid for as a fucking 3rd grader in primary school haha.

New record is pretty great imo (unpopular opinion here).
I haven't checked out the new one yet. Will try to give it a listen soon.

Self titled is great too. Can't go wrong with a bit of Ball tongue or Fake (not the most popular cuts from that album but 2 of my faves)

I actually heard Peachey first and got self titled not long after. Sentimentality might have something to do with it with me too, but after a few listens of Peachey I went and bought self titled pretty much straight away.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Song: Not even going to try to name a fave song. I prefer albums to individual songs anyway.

Favourite genre: I listen to all sorts of shit. If I had to pick a genre, probably art rock or prog metal.

Favourite lyric: Too many to mention again but how to disappear completely by Radiohead has always really resonated with me both musically and lyrically....

"That there/that's not me/ I go where I please/ I walk through walls/ I float down the Liffey/ I'm not here/ This isn't happening/ In a little while I'll be gone/The moment's already passed/ yeah it's gone/I'm not here/ This isn't happening/ Strobe lights and blown speakers/ Fireworks and hurricanes/ I'm not here/ This isn't happening.

Album: Hard again....probably Kid A by Radiohead or Aenema by Tool

Favourite cover: Devo's cover of Satisfaction is sublime!

Favourite male singer: Thom Yorke or Jeff Martin from the Tea Party

Favourite female singer: Kate Bush.

Worst song: most stuff that's been released in the past few decades with a few notable exceptions tbh.

Worst album: I try to avoid listening to bad albums the whole way through. Apart from You're the Voice, Whispering Jack hasn't aged too well haha.

Worst genre: credit card pop (or pop music that concerns itself with predominantly materialistic bullshit.) Yes, that's right. I'm talking about you Beyoncé.

Worst male singer: Ja Rule (especially when he tries to actually carry a tune....awful!) Mick Jagger.

Worst female singer: Beyoncé. Great voice but I really don't like what she stands for.

Guilty pleasure song: I listen to good music tbh. But probably
Uptown Girl or one of Billy Joel's nerdier songs.

Favourite film clip: Just by Radiohead or Quote/ Unquote by Mr Bungle

Sexiest male rock star: Eddie Vedder or...the yellow Wiggle

Sexiest female: I dont know what half the female singers these days look like (or male ones for that matter) I always found Shirley Manson from garbage to be pretty damn hot in a dark, disturbed kinda way.
jeff martin owes me 2 fucking guitar strings the ****

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
ok i'll do a serious one now lol. and besides i needed some time to think this through. this is some deep shit...

Favorite Song: creeping death - metallica/girls got rhythm - acdc/troops of doom - sepultura/dig up her bones - misfits/gypsy - fleetwood mac/supernaut - black sabbath/faith no more - everythings ruined...theres absolutely no way i could pick just one lol
Favourite genre: metal
Favourite song lyrics: "I must remove my skin. To see belief in your eyes." - Resurrection - Fear Factory
Favorite Album: ...and justice for all - Metallica (holds a special place in my heart)
Favorite Cover song and by who,: Faith No More doing Black Sabbath's War Pigs

Favorite Male singer: John Bush
Favorite female singer: Anneke from The Gathering and Stevie Nicks.

Worst song: anything by Nickelback, Live and Cuntye West
Worst album: i would imagine everything by the above mentioned
Worst Genre: happy dance hardcore

Worst male singer: that dude from Kings Of Leon and James Blunt
Worst Female singer: probably that Rebecca Black chick

Favorite Guilty Pleasure Song (a song you like but will never admit to it): theres nothing that i wont admit to. if i like something out of the ordinary and people know about it then meh.

Favorite Film clip: Monster Magnet - Heads Explode (uncut version) + Rob Zombie - American Witch (animated version) + Faith No More - Everythings Ruined + Ramones - Substitute

Sexiest male singer: Mike Ness
Sexiest female singer: Madonna

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
jeff martin owes me 2 fucking guitar strings the ****
Hahahaha really? When did you give him strings? He is pretty much an Australian resident these days...wish he'd write write some new music that is actually good and tour it!

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hahahaha really? When did you give him strings? He is pretty much an Australian resident these days...wish he'd write write some new music that is actually good and tour it!
nah he broke them come to think of it he may still have my guitar havent seen the thing since and he was the last **** to play it lol.
few years back he was doing a show and ended up back at a mates house to score some weed they ended up having a party or some shit around a fire. i had my guitar there. the **** had a jam and ended up staying the night. i wasnt there but the **** still owes me 2 strings and possibly a guitar haha

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
nah he broke them come to think of it he may still have my guitar havent seen the thing since and he was the last **** to play it lol.
few years back he was doing a show and ended up back at a mates house to score some weed they ended up having a party or some shit around a fire. i had my guitar there. the **** had a jam and ended up staying the night. i wasnt there but the **** still owes me 2 strings and possibly a guitar haha
Haha that's hilarious. What a cheap prick. Maybe he got do stoned he forgot where the guitar and from and thought it was his. You wouldn't think it would be too hard for him to get new guitars!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I couldn't choose between the two. Both excellent albums.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I always had a big thing for Shirley Manson. Unfortunately she didn't age too well.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I couldn't choose between the two. Both excellent albums.
Yeah the note I think about it, the better Korn self titled was. It was a great album no doubt. There were just a few songs on it that didn't really go it for me (shoots and ladders and divine in particular and blind is a bit meh. The rest of the album is awesome IMHO)

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I always had a big thing for Shirley Manson. Unfortunately she didn't age too well.
Oh really? I haven't seen a recent photo but time is a bastard. I used to find her super sexy. She always seemed quite dark and depressed though and I guess depression hardly helps to slow the ageing process.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Favorite Song: In My Eyes (Milk Inc.)
Favourite genre: Dance/Euro and some forms of RnB, Trance and Hip-Hop/Rap
Favourite song lyrics: Definitely "The Day it Rained Forecer" by Aurora
Favorite Album: Mixmania 2002/03
Favorite Cover song and by who: I can't really think of any. I tend to like the originals more than covers, but that's just my opinion. I'm sure there are some great ones out there better than the originals, but I can't think of them right now.

Favorite Male singer: I prefer male DJs - Armin Van Buuren, Tiesto, DJ Bobo.
Favorite female singer: Gee's I feel like I'm showing my age by saying this, but either Linda Mertens from Milk Inc who's 39 this year, or Neja, the Italian singer who I think is 43 this year. I will always know them as the beauties in their primes when they were at their singing peak.

Worst song: That "Do it with Madonna" song
Worst album: The one by The Prodigy with a dead fish as the cover
Worst Genre: I know it seems popular here, but Heavy Metal, Death Metal, Grunge - all that noise pollution stuff

Worst male singer: Justin Beiber fo shizzle
Worst Female singer: Miley Cyrus (the masculine version of the Beibs - yes that's right, the MASCULINE version of him).

Favorite Guilty Pleasure Song (a song you like but will never admit to it): Well... I'll say "Inside my Love" by Minnie Riperton. Or "Oh What A Night"
Favorite Film clip: InnerLife Project feat. Linda Ganzini - Vancouver City (posted below, I love time lapse videos with music), closely followed Drowning by Armin Van Buuren - also posted below.

Sexiest male singer: Again I'm no ***, but one of the guys from N Sync lol.
Sexiest female singer: Were do I start? I'll keep it simple and say Alice DeeJay (one of many).

Status
Not open for further replies.