Consolidated Leagues Club Board Election Thread (Coorey Chairman P29)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
It is so plain obvious that Dib and Peponis are egomaniacs that would rather turn our club into Parramatta than accept defeat.
FFS let it go and let the new regime run the club and get us back on track.
That's the thing. The new mob are too busy trying to get control, setting up their own agendas, and suiting themselves, than actually getting on with their jobs as board (running the Football Club).

Remember... it is NOT the job of the Football Club to run (nor have any input into) the Leagues Club. This is why there is a 4 person endorsement.

Lynne Anderson shouldn't be getting involved at all in this, she should leave it to the 4 endorsed directors to handle.

Not withstanding, is she even in the country at the moment, or still enjoying the Winter Paralympics?

All the Football Club board are doing at the moment is using voting members as pawns in a power struggle they are desperate to win (for reasons that cannot be detailed in the open forum).

All this has done is damage the already shaky reputation of the new board, and we aren't even a month into their tennure.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
That's the thing. The new mob are too busy trying to get control, setting up their own agendas, and suiting themselves, than actually getting on with their jobs as board (running the Football Club).

Remember... it is NOT the job of the Football Club to run (nor have any input into) the Leagues Club. This is why there is a 4 person endorsement.

Lynne Anderson shouldn't be getting involved at all in this, she should leave it to the 4 endorsed directors to handle.

Not withstanding, is she even in the country at the moment, or still enjoying the Winter Paralympics?

All the Football Club board are doing at the moment is using voting members as pawns in a power struggle they are desperate to win (for reasons that cannot be detailed in the open forum).

All this has done is damage the already shaky reputation of the new board, and we aren't even a month into their tennure.
of course she should get involved in this, its in the best interests of the football club to retain their control of the leagues club

i still dont understand what she has done wrong, not nominating mortimer is fine, bringing in morroun is fine, expecting that the 4 football club votes would be enough to effectively control the leagues club is fine and getting angry when king peponis makes a rude power play to end the football club control over the leagues club is fine

king peponis is the only one who has done wrong, whenever anybody in world history has said 'what we did was perfectly legal' i guarantee they were doing something wrong at the time

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is a scare campaign mate. Seriously there are a couple of things that need to be said:
1. Why would league club directors not fund the football club then risk getting voted out and
2. With the new nrl grant, if a football club is run properly- no funds from the League club are required anyway
rubbish

the league's club can withhold funding, unless certain provisions are made. Similar situation to when the government has control in lower house but lost control ikn upper house. basically an ineffective government unable to implement it's policies.

This is looking like the end of the club as we know it.

Dib fucked up and should have paid for it by losing control, instead he has decided to take the club down with him.

So we have handed the balance of power of the club to a St George Supporter....

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
of course she should get involved in this, its in the best interests of the football club to retain their control of the leagues club

i still dont understand what she has done wrong, not nominating mortimer is fine, bringing in morroun is fine, expecting that the 4 football club votes would be enough to effectively control the leagues club is fine and getting angry when king peponis makes a rude power play to end the football club control over the leagues club is fine

king peponis is the only one who has done wrong, whenever anybody in world history has said 'what we did was perfectly legal' i guarantee they were doing something wrong at the time
Bringing in Marroun is fine you say.
It certainly is not fine!!!
There would be a 1000 plus people involved with the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs that deserve to be appointed on the leagues club board before him.
Who the fuck is he to be on the board?
Monumental fuck up by Lynne.

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Not sure... if you're going to float a statement posed as a question, I'm sure you can fill in the details.

If not, the best place to look is the Financial Report which is compiled and details all such things, as the clubs are accountable for such spending.
Financial report? Buwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There would be a 1000 plus people involved with the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs that deserve to be appointed on the leagues club board before him.
Mate I've done some research on the bloke, people have made the bloke look like he's a bad bloke. He's actually done really well after hitting rock bottom back in 2009. I've heard he loves the club, a very passionate supporter. The bloke comes from a very good family as well which I know of. He's become a successful businessman and for a bloke to start from scratch and become successful not many people can do that. Maybe there are people out there better than him but he's put his hand up and got chosen fair and square. He shouldn't cop all this bullshit. The media are trying bring our club down we need to stick together and support our club. If the board doesn't perform than they won't be re elected. I wanted dib to stay but Anderson won she deserves her shot so let her build what she thinks is best. If She fails then she's gone in the next election.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mate I've done some research on the bloke, people have made the bloke look like he's a bad bloke. He's actually done really well after hitting rock bottom back in 2009. I've heard he loves the club, a very passionate supporter. The bloke comes from a very good family as well which I know of. He's become a successful businessman and for a bloke to start from scratch and become successful not many people can do that. Maybe there are people out there better than him but he's put his hand up and got chosen fair and square. He shouldn't cop all this bullshit. The media are trying bring our club down we need to stick together and support our club. If the board doesn't perform than they won't be re elected. I wanted dib to stay but Anderson won she deserves her shot so let her build what she thinks is best. If She fails then she's gone in the next election.
Isn’t it just replacing one dodgy developer (Anthony Elias) with another?

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
All that is well and good.
I don't have a problem with the bankruptcy per se but I do have a problem with the obvious fact he is not, by light years, the best candidate for the job.

Has he had previous involvement with a licensed club?
Has he previously worked on the board of a club or community based organization?

It's quite obvious that the only qualification he had for this appointment is that he is a business associate of the Andersons.

I have read comments on here that clubs are full of nepotism etc etc etc I don't know if that is true of Canterbury leagues club or not.

However I think this appointment is an appalling precedent for Lynne Anderson to set.

Yes he may be a huge supporter of the dogs.
Yes he may have a great family.
Yes he may be a great family man.
Yes he may be building a successful business after being almost down and out.

All of that is admirable but isn't the reason he got the gig. It was quid pro quo for something unrelated to the Canterbury Bankstown Leagues Club.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Mate I've done some research on the bloke, people have made the bloke look like he's a bad bloke.
He has made himself look like a bad bloke, because of what he's done.

https://player.fm/series/the-ray-ha...nominee-james-marroun-calls-to-defend-himself

Getting banned for 6 years from Junior League doesn't happen to "good blokes:, who then try and bypass the papers when they start asking what he did.

The Daily Telegraph reports Marroun is currently serving a six-year ban from the game for misconduct, with his suspension set to end in 2020.
He has been found guilty of breaching rugby league’s national code of conduct using offensive language to participants, excessively disputing referee decisions and assault or acts of aggression to any person to name a few.
Anderson knew that and still thought it was a good idea to elect him to the board... Why?

There are too many people the new Football Club Board are associating with/endorsing, that have less than perfect pasts. One has to ask if they are "really" the best people for the job given past discretions.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i love how the media is attacking him like a political ad, we certainly are getting back to the old bulldogs

he used to be a BANKRUPT person and he was BANNED for 6 years, how could you trust this man to make the decisions

im pretty sure a politician/lawyer and a banker got up to more interesting things and people should be more suspicious of them

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
like i said he is only there to vote a specific way so what difference does it make if they get him or ronald mcdonald in there?

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
like i said he is only there to vote a specific way so what difference does it make if they get him or ronald mcdonald in there?
For me it really isn't about him.
It comes down to Lynne Anderson's judgement and integrity.
If she wants to get Gabby Maroun invloved with the club there are ways to do it other than the giant first step of appointing him to the board of the leagues club.
Come wednesday he is on the board. Yet there is the prospect the NSW government may quash the appointment on "fit and proper" grounds, what does that say about Lynne's judgement?
It will be interested to hear who the members vote for and how the new directors appointed by the football club go down with them?

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
All that is well and good.
I don't have a problem with the bankruptcy per se but I do have a problem with the obvious fact he is not, by light years, the best candidate for the job.

Has he had previous involvement with a licensed club?
Has he previously worked on the board of a club or community based organization?

It's quite obvious that the only qualification he had for this appointment is that he is a business associate of the Andersons.

I have read comments on here that clubs are full of nepotism etc etc etc I don't know if that is true of Canterbury leagues club or not.

However I think this appointment is an appalling precedent for Lynne Anderson to set.

Yes he may be a huge supporter of the dogs.
Yes he may have a great family.
Yes he may be a great family man.
Yes he may be building a successful business after being almost down and out.

All of that is admirable but isn't the reason he got the gig. It was quid pro quo for something unrelated to the Canterbury Bankstown Leagues Club.
Who knows what he’s bringing to the club ? He owns 3 business and has development investments with multiple players.
He could be more valuable to the club than any director before him ?

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Who knows what he’s bringing to the club ? He owns 3 business and has development investments with multiple players.
Who are these multiple players?
I read one, Lichaa and an ex canterbury player.
Also I'm note sure if that is more of a negative that a positive.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He will be source of TPAs for sure and because he’s only on the LEagues Club board he’s not directly involved with the Bulldogs....

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
rubbish

the league's club can withhold funding, unless certain provisions are made. Similar situation to when the government has control in lower house but lost control ikn upper house. basically an ineffective government unable to implement it's policies.

This is looking like the end of the club as we know it.

Dib fucked up and should have paid for it by losing control, instead he has decided to take the club down with him.

So we have handed the balance of power of the club to a St George Supporter....
Mate I get your concerns, but I don't get your logic on this. Good governance has to be in place no matter who is in control. Peponis has been the chairman of the Leagues Club for about 15 years. So he has a long record of not only managing a successful board but also one that supports the team he loves.

A winning footy team adds millions to the bottom line of the Leagues club so if they do anything to impede the footy club being successful then it will hurt them as well. Even though I am a member of all of them I'm not sure on the timing of the voting for both boards. The footy club is every two years but I think the Leagues club may be annual so if the Leagues club works against the footy club the membership will get another shot in 12 months so it isn't the end of the world.

The other thing of course is that the Leagues clubs hands over about $5m I think every year to the footy club, but the footy club spends about $25m so while it is a fair chunk there is still plenty of money in the system to keep the footy club going.

At the end of the day this is about personalities and power. Once it gets settled I for one hope they just get on with it. I really don't think either side will do much damage to the other once the election cycle is complete (until the next election of course!!).

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Who are these multiple players?
I read one, Lichaa and an ex canterbury player.
Also I'm note sure if that is more of a negative that a positive.
I'm not his finance manager, I just heard he had investment with multiple players ?
Who cares how many, anyway ? Clearly people who know him better than any of us, trust him with alot of their savings.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He will be source of TPAs for sure and because he’s only on the LEagues Club board he’s not directly involved with the Bulldogs....
Mate if you are talking about Maroun he is an appointment of the Footy Club to the Leagues Club Board and so he has direct involvement with the Footy Club and can't do any TPA's I would think.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I just want a primership is that to much to ask?
If they put the effort in the club rather than talk shit will have 10 primership by now.
Whats a primership?

Status
Not open for further replies.