Consolidated Leagues Club Board Election Thread (Coorey Chairman P29)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
S

Simple really. The Football Club board want control over the Leagues Club to make sure funding is never cut. Whilst ever the Football Club have majority in the Leagues Club we will always be able to rely on Leagues Club support.

What Peponis did by putting the independents in was put in jeopardy our guarantee that the Leagues Club will fund the Football Club. Hence why it was a selfish move by Dib/Peponis (They are a team, lets not beat around the bush).

I would hate to see a world where our football club had their funding cut by the Leagues club. We would then be the Sydney club under most pressure to relocate. Then would Peponis and Dib be happy?
yeah unfortunately it is only the intellectually challenged that can not see this as a concern.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
L.Anderson is out of her depth big time... she's a shonky leader. The position should go forever was the next candidate with the most votes, or re-vote for the single position.
Mate, the article said it went to the 8th most popular choice (Winchester). The first 7 were elected, 1 of them resigned so number 8 gets a shot. That is precisely what happened and has nothing to do with Anderson (at least this part of it).

N

Natboy

Yo @the_insider (and anyone else who called me to question in here) ... I'm not going to have a massive gloat or do a song and dance and a huge "I told you so".

But sometimes you just have to be patient. The media is afforded far more luxury if they get things wrong, than a humble Kennel member like myself.

TI .... You criticised my post on this:

2 & 3 as proven by the below quotes.

4 as per below quotes.

So again I state.. maybe some people may disbelieve what I'm saying, or think I'm talking out my arse, but sometimes I just can't provide evidence on something at that point in time.

If anyone reads the above and still believes we aren't the Titanic heading for a potential future iceberg, then that's OK and I respect your opinion...

BUT ... from where I'm sitting, the icebergs only just come into sight. It's going to get uglier.

Side note, if McIntyre did try and get back in, surely LG NSW would lean on him to resign as well. All I can think is the plan is to launch legal action, have the board dissolved, and complete new board voted in and cross fingers one gets a clean sweep.

In all honesty when I saw the video I wasn't expecting THAT explanation, I was expecting him to say either it was a throwaway comment, OR he was hoping to get back to the Leagues Club later in the year.

Wasn't expecting him to drop his agenda. Unless they caught him completely unaware with the call?
AND who cares mate? This is all petty crap. Let it go. We are a football team, not married at first sight with this he said she said crap

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol both parties equally as bad , Anderson group is trying to consolidate power , which end of the day is expected .
The opposition camp using its media buddies that it made during time in power is causing problems because they can't accept they lost and have no power left. Then u have the drongoes with questionable history thinking this is a all you can eat buffet .
In summary
The new board , are self interested and will be putting their own people in . Bad
The old board/ team . Not accepting the verdict and trying to cling to power will do whatever they can to destabilise current board no matter what it does to the club . Very bad

The questionable characters see the opportunity with these two groups screwing up the club . Very dangerous

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate, the article said it went to the 8th most popular choice (Winchester). The first 7 were elected, 1 of them resigned so number 8 gets a shot. That is precisely what happened and has nothing to do with Anderson (at least this part of it).
I think only 3 elected other 4 nominated next in line was the other Coorey he was only 23 votes or so behind his brother

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard a lot of people were telling James Marroun to stay and I also heard he gained a lot of respect within the board and club that he put the club first , not a selfish guy. I've heard a lot of positives about this guy. And I've been backing Ray dib for a long time. I just want the dogs to win games and get on with footy.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
S

Simple really. The Football Club board want control over the Leagues Club to make sure funding is never cut. Whilst ever the Football Club have majority in the Leagues Club we will always be able to rely on Leagues Club support.

What Peponis did by putting the independents in was put in jeopardy our guarantee that the Leagues Club will fund the Football Club. Hence why it was a selfish move by Dib/Peponis (They are a team, lets not beat around the bush).

I would hate to see a world where our football club had their funding cut by the Leagues club. We would then be the Sydney club under most pressure to relocate. Then would Peponis and Dib be happy?
The Peponis/Dib forces and their supporters simply can not accept that they no longer have control over the club and so have appointed 2 unelected directors to try and cling to power...everyone knows that had Dib had kept control of the FC then the St George supporter and other guy wouldnt be there.

That didnt work out fully the way they planned at the LC elections. The members spoke again with their voting and the reform's Coorey got more votes.

Now because they are so vindictive and single minded they will do, and say, virtually anything to discredit the Reform Ticket agenda and will happily drag down the club, our premiership ex-players, coach anyone at all who stands in their way.

These people seem unscrupulous in their wrecking agenda and if any supporters tbought that they would accept the voting process and accept defeat till the next set of elections then they are mistaken.

We have seen the true nature of these wreckers and it appears they wont be happy until the whole club is dragged down to such an extent that they can walk back in like shiny white knights. Their mentality is that if we cant run the club then no one can.

But that wont happen. Members, fans and supporters have long memories and you can see this wont end well...with all our currrent past players involved in this having their reputations shredded and George Peponis will no doubt be the biggest loser.

This trash talk with the Peponis/Dib group and the innuendo posted on here must stop for the good of the Bulldogs.

x-factor

Y.N.W.A
Reaction score
The Peponis/Dib forces and their supporters simply can not accept that they no longer have control over the club and so have appointed 2 unelected directors to try and cling to power...everyone knows that had Dib had kept control of the FC then the St George supporter and other guy wouldnt be there.

That didnt work out fully the way they planned at the LC elections. The members spoke again with their voting and the reform's Coorey got more votes.

Now because they are so vindictive and single minded they will do, and say, virtually anything to discredit the Reform Ticket agenda and will happily drag down the club, our premiership ex-players, coach anyone at all who stands in their way.

These people seem unscrupulous in their wrecking agenda and if any supporters tbought that they would accept the voting process and accept defeat till the next set of elections then they are mistaken.

We have seen the true nature of these wreckers and it appears they wont be happy until the whole club is dragged down to such an extent that they can walk back in like shiny white knights. Their mentality is that if we cant run the club then no one can.

But that wont happen. Members, fans and supporters have long memories and you can see this wont end well...with all our currrent past players involved in this having their reputations shredded and George Peponis will no doubt be the biggest loser.

This trash talk with the Peponis/Dib group and the innuendo posted on here must stop for the good of the Bulldogs.
Pointing out the obvious with these idiots won’t stop until they’re gone.

Big news to come out about a director ex player and some racists remarks made

N

Natboy

I heard a lot of people were telling James Marroun to stay and I also heard he gained a lot of respect within the board and club that he put the club first , not a selfish guy. I've heard a lot of positives about this guy. And I've been backing Ray dib for a long time. I just want the dogs to win games and get on with footy.
Backing Ray Rib and wanting us to win games is a massive contradiction mate.
I asked around about Marroun and for every postive comment about him there was a negative one.
I hope we can move forward and the sooks can accept they lost

Junkey

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Backing Ray Rib and wanting us to win games is a massive contradiction mate.
I asked around about Marroun and for every postive comment about him there was a negative one.
I hope we can move forward and the sooks can accept they lost
Ok Guys- again lets follow the example of Spoonman whoever he/she is and move forward together. Marroun is gone and Winchester- a really good person and experienced League Club director is back. Now lets get behind the club and give these guys 2 years and then decide what yo do then.
I do not believe in censorship for one bit but i think this thread should be closed so we all think positive, stop the bickering. It is also for the protection of people on this site who have made unsavouey comments and allegations about people on both sides of the fence. Please shut this down now for the benefit of all. Thanks

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Ok Guys- again lets follow the example of Spoonman whoever he/she is and move forward together. Marroun is gone and Winchester- a really good person and experienced League Club director is back. Now lets get behind the club and give these guys 2 years and then decide what yo do then.
I do not believe in censorship for one bit but i think this thread should be closed so we all think positive, stop the bickering. It is also for the protection of people on this site who have made unsavouey comments and allegations about people on both sides of the fence. Please shut this down now for the benefit of all. Thanks
Thats a good idea and could everyone just think before they post anything really....does this help the Bulldogs? Does this feed the media to just continue the free kicks against us?

And....ask yourself...am I being totally objective with is post because we all have a responsibility to the Club and its officeholders as well.

Stop disparaging the club and give all concerned a fair go.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I think only 3 elected other 4 nominated next in line was the other Coorey he was only 23 votes or so behind his brother
Yes, but the 4 who got nominated by the footy club were actually in the top 7 in terms of votes. Winchester was the next in line. Not that it matters as the footy club can nominate whoever they like to fill the vacancy but the bottom line is that Winchester was number 8 in terms of votes and if the footy club caveat didn't exist would have been appointed anyway.

A

Alexander the Great

Pointing out the obvious with these idiots won’t stop until they’re gone.

Big news to come out about a director ex player and some racists remarks made
Lets hope he wasnt recorded in his rant.. would be very embarrassing.
if true very sad and i wont be supporting the dogs anymore until the redneck is removed from the board.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Marroun was an endorsement by the Football Club, so the Football Club endorsed Winchester as his replacement.

Order doesn't matter at all. They could have opted for Nick Dimas (Mr Subway) instead if they really wanted to.

Whats the bet this so called video hits the media. And i know who would have leaked it.
https://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/...gs-in-big-guns-p8.108655/page-27#post-3302531

Video was out long before I knew about it.

The Peponis/Dib forces and their supporters simply can not accept that they no longer have control over the club and so have appointed 2 unelected directors to try and cling to power...everyone knows that had Dib had kept control of the FC then the St George supporter and other guy wouldnt be there. That didnt work out fully the way they planned at the LC elections. The members spoke again with their voting and the reform's Coorey got more votes.
Tis not as Black and White as that. People need to forget the Peponis / Dib link. They are two different operators.

FACT - Dib was endorse by previous Football Club board and chose not to stand for election on Leagues Club board.
FACT - Peponis and most of the previous board (except endorsed 4) had been long standing board members since McIntyre and Co were outed. They have sat on board through many different Football Club makeups, so the whole "if Peponis is in control the end is nigh" arguement is a moot point, and nothing more than scare tactics in an attempt to wrangle more control.

It's a classic power struggle.

Peponis is on the board for Clubs NSW so knows what's coming up in regards to Registered Clubs Act, etc etc. There are strong rumours that it will become legislation this year (via OGLR) that all Registered Clubs will require 2 independently appointed directors to their board. If they already have 9 directors (max), two will be asked to stand aside for them. If they have 7, then the two can be appointed without issue.

So it's entirely possible the situation with those 2 elected would have occurred anyway.

Why? If the topic is still there for discussion why not leave it? From what is on the grapevine there will be a lot more to potentially discuss here soon too.

Reads more like "please close this thread so more shit doesn't come out about the board".

The OLGR are still investigating Leagues Club too.

Pretty sure they don't oversee policy and enforcement of the Football Club board though.

Last edited:

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It really is time to move on. We have a new coach which we all wanted. We have a new Football Board, which we all needed.
We have a new Leagues Club Board that was badly needed. So lets settle down, and forget the bickering and concentrate our positive
forces towards the footy team.

A

Alexander the Great

It really is time to move on. We have a new coach which we all wanted. We have a new Football Board, which we all needed.
We have a new Leagues Club Board that was badly needed. So lets settle down, and forget the bickering and concentrate our positive
forces towards the footy team.
Not if we have rednecks at the top running a club that is very multicultural in its fan base. I dont want my money lining these wankers pockets IF* the rumour has legs..

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Mr I..."Reads more like "please close this thread so more shit doesn't come out about the board"...

For heavens sake...just reread what you wrote....we live the club and are sick of this vexatious innuendo and gossip. All parties have failed the club in one sense or the other...one party won because the members voted for them end of story....you do, sadly, indeed seem to be gloating in the club's misery.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Mr I..."Reads more like "please close this thread so more shit doesn't come out about the board"...

For heavens sake...just reread what you wrote....we live the club and are sick of this vexatious innuendo and gossip. All parties have failed the club in one sense or the other...one party won because the members voted for them end of story....you do, sadly, indeed seem to be gloating in the club's misery.
Then you have mistaken "vexatious innuendo", "gossip" and "gloating in the clubs misery" for "concern".

The problem is clearly evident in that some people have the mindset of "Well Dib is gone so everything is good". Dib had his problems, he had his issues, and he went with the Football Club Board vote. Story over, chapter closed, end of discussion on that point.

This is a completely different discussion/issue/concern that is being genuinely raised here by many, yet others seem confused and throw the "you're just pissed off that Dib lost" line.

Some have shut up shop "yep changes are made, everythings sunshine and roses, lets move on". But that may not be the case at all. It may well be "heads in the sand" ignorance.

The only gossip I've mentioned has been 100% correct so far, thus is not gossip but reported fact.

Lets say we closed the thread a while back, or all put our heads in the sand.
#1 OLGR investigate club for Football Club endorsed director who was deemed not suitable to be on board.
#2 Said director stands down.
#3 Previous chairman and figurehead of salary cap and Oasis incident stood down from board stands for re-election, then shoot mouth off on video and reveals he is looking to launch legal action regarding legitimacy of election.

People here are saying "let it go", but should we NOT be nipping at the heels of these issues that just keep coming up and potentially bring issue to the new board? Isn't that was a true supporter would do (show concern for the club they love?)

We all want a reliable, HONEST, and stable board moving forwards. The irony is that those complaining about Peponis doing this or that, are actually arguing their own point. All Peponis has done is INSURE some board stability through making all directors on the board accountable.

Look for reported agendas or issues coming from: Iemma, Kanaan, Peponis, Mortimer... there are absolutely none either rumoured, or reported.

On the flipside there are others which so far have all been proven as correct. Not to mention one has to ask why McIntyre wants to investigate legal action against the board, and talks of "getting control back".

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It's a classic power struggle. There are strong rumours that it will become legislation this year (via OGLR) that all Registered Clubs will require 2 independently appointed directors to their board. If they already have 9 directors (max), two will be asked to stand aside for them. If they have 7, then the two can be appointed without issue.

If the two Directors are appointed by the Board, how would they be considered independent?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Then you have mistaken "vexatious innuendo", "gossip" and "gloating in the clubs misery" for "concern".

The problem is clearly evident in that some people have the mindset of "Well Dib is gone so everything is good". Dib had his problems, he had his issues, and he went with the Football Club Board vote. Story over, chapter closed, end of discussion on that point.

This is a completely different discussion/issue/concern that is being genuinely raised here by many, yet others seem confused and throw the "you're just pissed off that Dib lost" line.

Some have shut up shop "yep changes are made, everythings sunshine and roses, lets move on". But that may not be the case at all. It may well be "heads in the sand" ignorance.

The only gossip I've mentioned has been 100% correct so far, thus is not gossip but reported fact.

Lets say we closed the thread a while back, or all put our heads in the sand.
#1 OLGR investigate club for Football Club endorsed director who was deemed not suitable to be on board.
#2 Said director stands down.
#3 Previous chairman and figurehead of salary cap and Oasis incident stood down from board stands for re-election, then shoot mouth off on video and reveals he is looking to launch legal action regarding legitimacy of election.

People here are saying "let it go", but should we NOT be nipping at the heels of these issues that just keep coming up and potentially bring issue to the new board? Isn't that was a true supporter would do (show concern for the club they love?)

We all want a reliable, HONEST, and stable board moving forwards. The irony is that those complaining about Peponis doing this or that, are actually arguing their own point. All Peponis has done is INSURE some board stability through making all directors on the board accountable.

Look for reported agendas or issues coming from: Iemma, Kanaan, Peponis, Mortimer... there are absolutely none either rumoured, or reported.

On the flipside there are others which so far have all been proven as correct. Not to mention one has to ask why McIntyre wants to investigate legal action against the board, and talks of "getting control back".
Well I'm done with this bagging of the club's officeholders.

Hopefully people stop putting their personal agendas in the forefront of any concerns they have for the club. Our main priority is stability right now not plotting more unrest. If there is anything further to expose as you and others allude to, let it be done in due course.

In the future who the hell would put their hand up to serve when such a tight knit clique of plotters will not countenance loosing power...shameful and unnecessarily dragging the club further into the mud.

Status
Not open for further replies.