Consolidated Klemmer Discussion

What do you want from Klemmer as of this present moment?

• Stay

Votes: 65 31.6%
  • Piss Off

Votes: 141 68.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually "fuck you're stats" which translates to "fuck you are stats" is incorrect.
No.

His sentence was 'your not educated enough to type your?'
I was correcting the first 'your' being "You're not educated enough to type your".

So it is correct.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
No.

His sentence was 'your not educated enough to type your?'
I was correcting the first 'your' being "You're not educated enough to type your".

So it is correct.
Ok then sorry. Thought you were referring to "fuck yo' stats".

jshellshear

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Really ??? You must have the wrong Uncle Nick, you’re claim of his constant off field indiscretions are untrue & baseless- I’m inconstant contact with Roosters coaching & management personnel & have been for the past 12 years.
You don’t like Napa, you make that clear but to fabricate off field ill discipline stories is way off the mark & gives you ZERO credibility
Believe what you want. I know for an absolute fact that Napa is as mad as a cut snake. And that's not including being banned from the Queensland side in 2016 for a pre-season incident in which he broke curfew and got drunk OR being kicked of a plane in Dubai headed for London for being too intoxicated. Both of which you can probably still read about in the media. Plenty more stories. He's not the worst-behaved Rooster by any means but to suggest its untrue or baseless is wrong. I have nothing against Napa and if he comes to the Dogs i'll support him. But there are far better options that the club could take than signing him up, particularly when he doesn't really want to leave the Roosters anyway.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does this create an opportunity for us to hop in and pinch Ponga, tell him he's the guaranteed fullback? Lock in his SOO role, plus give him a leg up as the Kangaroos fullback later on?

I can't believe that Newcastle are switching Ponga to 5/8, he doesn't look like an organiser to me, more like someone who plays on instinct. I just think at his age he hasn't developed the leadership skills to lead a team around the paddock. Everyone quotes the Lockyer example of a successful switch from fullback to 5/8 , but he was much older and far more experienced. Letting Meaney go because Ponga was the designated fullback and then moving him to 5/8 just doesn't make a lot of sense.

Or .............. it's an indication of where Newcastle thought Meaney was in relation to being their fullback. Something we need to watch out for.

Go Dogs
Meany will be a Rickstar fullback, that Raylene and Des promised

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Believe what you want. I know for an absolute fact that Napa is as mad as a cut snake. And that's not including being banned from the Queensland side in 2016 for a pre-season incident in which he broke curfew and got drunk OR being kicked of a plane in Dubai headed for London for being too intoxicated. Both of which you can probably still read about in the media. Plenty more stories. He's not the worst-behaved Rooster by any means but to suggest its untrue or baseless is wrong. I have nothing against Napa and if he comes to the Dogs i'll support him. But there are far better options that the club could take than signing him up, particularly when he doesn't really want to leave the Roosters anyway.
He might want to leave now that all the media is saying that they don't want him and are happy to see him go.
Wouldn't make you feel real good I guess.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
So apparently Ponga has come out again speaking about the All Blacks and the possibility of him being gone as soon as 2020 is a reality. How funny would it be for the Knights to lose Ponga and be stuck paying over 2 million to an old Pearce and Klemmer with no strike power coming from anywhere else.
Here's the thing... as funny as that may be the Knights have 3 players (2-3 whom are looking VERY promising) that'll slot straight into the halves.

Phoenix Crossland - very promising young player.
Tex Hoy - this bloke looks incredibly good.
Hayden Loughrey - Another decent prospect but he has injury concerns.

Knights have let Jack Johns go, as well as Tom Hughes (so seems like they are letting some potential players go to save as much coin as possible).

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it’s true Dani Levi is being shopped around we could trade Klem for Levi, pocket the difference for a rainy day and try move Lich on at budget rate

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Interesting with this Valentine Holmes stuff coming up and his move to the NFL, especially Gallen's comments about the need to ban him for breaking his contract and leaving the NRL.

Breaking contract and forcing your club to let you go to another NRL club = GOOD and high fives for everyone.

Breaking contract and forcing your clubt to let you go to the NFL = BAD and long-term suspension from the game.

Dogs are right to sit back and wait to see how everything pans out. We're in no rush. Klemmer still hasn't said anything. When he does we know that he's really in a corner and has to push the move through himself by badmouthing the Dogs .... which will happen sooner rather than later. No?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Interesting with this Valentine Holmes stuff coming up and his move to the NFL, especially Gallen's comments about the need to ban him for breaking his contract and leaving the NRL.

Breaking contract and forcing your club to let you go to another NRL club = GOOD and high fives for everyone.

Breaking contract and forcing your clubt to let you go to the NFL = BAD and long-term suspension from the game.

Dogs are right to sit back and wait to see how everything pans out. We're in no rush. Klemmer still hasn't said anything. When he does we know that he's really in a corner and has to push the move through himself by badmouthing the Dogs .... which will happen sooner rather than later. No?
Yeah exactly. Cronulla are such hypocrites. They'll take every player like Woods they can from another club mid season or Moylan and Dugan at the end of the season, but they're all pissed at Holmes for pursuing a dream in another sport?

And of course it's only when another club is affected, Greenberg immediately addresses the Holmes situation in regards to his contract and what will happen when he wants to come back to the NRL. Which is a situation that rarely arises.

But with a more common and pressing issue in the game, we have the Klemmer saga hanging over us for a month with every Knights player and official tampering like crazy and Greenberg doesn't intervene or comment once. Nothing to see there..

Fuck I hate this sport and this competition. It's run by clowns and the corruption and unfairness of the league is embarrassing.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like he’s gone

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...k=09939829031a11c922d52c45230aa430-1542748329

——

Knights recruit James Gavet all but confirms David Klemmer will join him at Newcastle

David Klemmer could be joining the Knights sooner than later.
Knights recruit James Gavet has all but confirmed want-away Bulldog David Klemmer will join him at Newcastle in 2019.

Klemmer has been heavily linked to a move to the Knights and Gavet admits he is excited at the prospect of forming a front row partnership with his old foe.

“Apart from the obvious I think everyone is going to know what to expect from both me and Klem (Klemmer),” Gavet said.

“We are both very aggressive players and we try to intimidate teams and it was good because he always brought his best whenever I did when we played each other.

“Apart from all of that, what we want to do is try and lead our position group.

“That will be our job to make sure that there is no weaknesses and if there are that we are improving those areas.”

The Knights’ pack came along in leaps and bounds last season with Lachlan Fitzgibbon and Jacob and Daniel Saifiti helping take the club from three consecutive wooden spoons to a respectable 11th place finish in 2018.

Gavet is excited to do his part and take the team and particularly the pack to greater heights next season.

“There is a really young squad here but there is no shortage of talent and attitude,” Gavet said.

“So if we could just steer a few of these young blokes and guide them in the right direction and show them a few tricks here and there then opposition teams will have to watch out for us next year.”

Nathan Brown has made no secret of his desire to bring experienced heads in to show the young Knights’ forwards the way.

A pack of Tim Glasby, Klemmer, the Saifiti brothers and Gavet would no doubt strike fear into opposition defences.

Gavet is excited at the prospect of joining forces with his Knights’ teammates, that could possibly feature Klemmer before long.

“You’ve got everything you need in that group,” Gavet said.

“Tim is a really smart footballer and his style of footy is the typical Melbourne style.

“We had Ryan Hoffman at the Warriors for a while and he was exactly the same for guys like me.

“He wasn’t crash and dash, but he was great at cleaning up a lot of the things that footy fans tend to miss, but among the team they are the unsung heroes.

“I think Tim will do a lot of that for us and he will be the smarts of the middle, where as me and Klemmer will be the up and in your face kind of guys.

“Then you have the Saifiti boys who have made their mark in first grade and who are also very physical players.

“If we can show them the way and they can follow, that is a scary pack and I wouldn’t want to play against them that’s for sure.”

A pack that for long suffering Knights fans will hopefully take the club to a long-awaited finals berth.

Newcastle have not made the top eight since making the preliminary final in 2013, but Gavet has much bigger goals in mind.

“We are here to win it and if you’re not here to win it you might as well pack up and go home,” Gavet said.

Music to the ears of the Knights’ faithful.

Dirty*Deeds

Waterboy
Reaction score
Browns a fuckwit. One of the dumbest humans ever. I made an effort to watch every Newcastle post match press conference over the last 3 season. I just laughed listening to him mumble his way through losing so often and which player he’d throw under the bus next. He would often individualise certain players performances as the catalyst for their loss or poor form. I can’t count how many time the flog would go on about how his team are all “Inexperienced kids” but the real kicker was when the oposing team would have players of similar ages who would be killing it, Brown would say how the other teams players are better. Really boosting the confidence of his young and upcoming players! Just lol to Brown. I wish Barret would of swung back at him. He is literally the only coach who could turn a rep player into a fringe first grader. He just has no clue. I can’t wait for Klemmer to play under this devine leader.
Speaks volumes about how incompetent he is when he lets certain players dictate to him, whilst he puts muzzles on everyone else (like Danny Levi, Nathan Ross etc)

Brown comes across like he has had one too many bongs.. and/or still pissed from the session the night before.. not a fan

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Looks like he’s gone

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...k=09939829031a11c922d52c45230aa430-1542748329

——

Knights recruit James Gavet all but confirms David Klemmer will join him at Newcastle

Knights recruit James Gavet has all but confirmed want-away Bulldog David Klemmer will join him at Newcastle in 2019.

Klemmer has been heavily linked to a move to the Knights and Gavet admits he is excited at the prospect of forming a front row partnership with his old foe.

“Apart from the obvious I think everyone is going to know what to expect from both me and Klem (Klemmer),” Gavet said.

“We are both very aggressive players and we try to intimidate teams and it was good because he always brought his best whenever I did when we played each other.

“Apart from all of that, what we want to do is try and lead our position group.

“That will be our job to make sure that there is no weaknesses and if there are that we are improving those areas.”

The Knights’ pack came along in leaps and bounds last season with Lachlan Fitzgibbon and Jacob and Daniel Saifiti helping take the club from three consecutive wooden spoons to a respectable 11th place finish in 2018.

Gavet is excited to do his part and take the team and particularly the pack to greater heights next season.

“There is a really young squad here but there is no shortage of talent and attitude,” Gavet said.

“So if we could just steer a few of these young blokes and guide them in the right direction and show them a few tricks here and there then opposition teams will have to watch out for us next year.”

Nathan Brown has made no secret of his desire to bring experienced heads in to show the young Knights’ forwards the way.

A pack of Tim Glasby, Klemmer, the Saifiti brothers and Gavet would no doubt strike fear into opposition defences.

Gavet is excited at the prospect of joining forces with his Knights’ teammates, that could possibly feature Klemmer before long.

“You’ve got everything you need in that group,” Gavet said.

“Tim is a really smart footballer and his style of footy is the typical Melbourne style.

“We had Ryan Hoffman at the Warriors for a while and he was exactly the same for guys like me.

“He wasn’t crash and dash, but he was great at cleaning up a lot of the things that footy fans tend to miss, but among the team they are the unsung heroes.

“I think Tim will do a lot of that for us and he will be the smarts of the middle, where as me and Klemmer will be the up and in your face kind of guys.

“Then you have the Saifiti boys who have made their mark in first grade and who are also very physical players.

“If we can show them the way and they can follow, that is a scary pack and I wouldn’t want to play against them that’s for sure.”

A pack that for long suffering Knights fans will hopefully take the club to a long-awaited finals berth.

Newcastle have not made the top eight since making the preliminary final in 2013, but Gavet has much bigger goals in mind.

“We are here to win it and if you’re not here to win it you might as well pack up and go home,” Gavet said.

Music to the ears of the Knights’ faithful.
Personally love this. Knights and Klemmer using every trick possible to push through the move. Dogs waiting for Klemmer to come out himself and publically state he wants to leave. Of course he's going there but we're not going to make it easy.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah exactly. Cronulla are such hypocrites. They'll take every player like Woods they can from another club mid season or Moylan and Dugan at the end of the season, but they're all pissed at Holmes for pursuing a dream in another sport?

And of course it's only when another club is affected, Greenberg immediately addresses the Holmes situation in regards to his contract and what will happen when he wants to come back to the NRL. Which is a situation that rarely arises.

But with a more common and pressing issue in the game, we have the Klemmer saga hanging over us for a month with every Knights player and official tampering like crazy and Greenberg doesn't intervene or comment once. Nothing to see there..

Fuck I hate this sport and this competition. It's run by clowns and the corruption and unfairness of the league is embarrassing.
Think you'll find it's the same in all sports mate. Money talks.

The key is for our club to stay true to its values, and to build that family culture back up. With that we'll not only win a premiership but a dynasty that will have players dreaming of playing for us. *

* Please not I'm talking about the distant future and fully expect us to struggle over the next few years.**
** A further note is that I will still support them even though they're struggling.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fuck Klemmer I hope we fukn smash him
Into the turf next year.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Personally love this. Knights and Klemmer using every trick possible to push through the move. Dogs waiting for Klemmer to come out himself and publically state he wants to leave. Of course he's going there but we're not going to make it easy.
The clubs just holding out until the Napa deal is finalised. The board wants a replacement to keep the fans some what happy.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
The clubs just holding out until the Napa deal is finalised. The board wants a replacement to keep the fans some what happy.
Fk Napa, Fk Klemmer, Fk the NRL and fk my membership. First year in 11 years...Not renewing. I’m done with all the double standards and bullshit .....this game has me seeing red. Thanks GreenTurd you flip.

Status
Not open for further replies.