Consolidated Klemmer Discussion

What do you want from Klemmer as of this present moment?

• Stay

Votes: 65 31.6%
  • Piss Off

Votes: 141 68.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I heard yesterday that the club has been shopping Klemmer around to other clubs for a while now

WTF is going on

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
lol, seriously?

you work in a servicing industry and you just don't want to leave cos you think you have a "commitment" with the clients of your company? even though the contract is between you and your company not with its customers or clients.
Wolfie is a nurse....her job is all about care for the clients....her company literally pays her to care for those clients....lol

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
A lot of people in here simply dont understand how releasing a player actually works. Take all the emotion out of it and look at the facts, releasing Klemmer will likely be beneficial for the rebuild as we'll have the value of Klemmers contract in 2019 and 2020 to spend in other positions.
Klemmer has asked for a release and the club has agreed to him testing the market and getting offers.
Isaac Moses who is acting for Klemmer has fuelled the process by feeding the media about Klemmer being under payed, personal problems etc. This is aimed to pressure the club into releasing Klemmer for the bigger contract and Moses his cut.
Knights have made Klemmer the offer of a lifetime. Reportedly 4.6mil for 4 years. Personally, as a father if I had the offer like that I'd take it to secure my family's financial future.
If the club releases Klemmer to the Knights, we are not required to receive a player as compensation. There may be some corporate level financial compensation the club can arrange. The board saying we want Ramien is likely tied into aiming to get financial compensation or similar from the Knights.
If the club releases Klemmer we would now have the value of Klemmers contract available to spend. We would hopefully be looking at adding 2 (maybe 3 depending on the $ freed up) solid 1st graders with potential in the positions we need.
In the background the club would be sourcing out the players we want/need and attempting to get them signed before releasing Klemmer.
If the club can't get the players we desire before releasing Klemmer, they need to weigh up whether or not to release Klemmer and have the freed up cap space, or alternatively not release Klemmer and either make him see out his contract as is or offer an extension / upgrade.
If the board is doing all of this and keeping it out of the media then I have no issue with the process.
TK needs to keep in mind that we're not playing super coach here...

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A lot of people in here simply dont understand how releasing a player actually works. Take all the emotion out of it and look at the facts, releasing Klemmer will likely be beneficial for the rebuild as we'll have the value of Klemmers contract in 2019 and 2020 to spend in other positions.
Klemmer has asked for a release and the club has agreed to him testing the market and getting offers.
Isaac Moses who is acting for Klemmer has fuelled the process by feeding the media about Klemmer being under payed, personal problems etc. This is aimed to pressure the club into releasing Klemmer for the bigger contract and Moses his cut.
Knights have made Klemmer the offer of a lifetime. Reportedly 4.6mil for 4 years. Personally, as a father if I had the offer like that I'd take it to secure my family's financial future.
If the club releases Klemmer to the Knights, we are not required to receive a player as compensation. There may be some corporate level financial compensation the club can arrange. The board saying we want Ramien is likely tied into aiming to get financial compensation or similar from the Knights.
If the club releases Klemmer we would now have the value of Klemmers contract available to spend. We would hopefully be looking at adding 2 (maybe 3 depending on the $ freed up) solid 1st graders with potential in the positions we need.
In the background the club would be sourcing out the players we want/need and attempting to get them signed before releasing Klemmer.
If the club can't get the players we desire before releasing Klemmer, they need to weigh up whether or not to release Klemmer and have the freed up cap space, or alternatively not release Klemmer and either make him see out his contract as is or offer an extension / upgrade.
If the board is doing all of this and keeping it out of the media then I have no issue with the process.
TK needs to keep in mind that we're not playing super coach here...

The Bulldogs arent just losing "a player" they are about to lose the worlds best prop. So the term "rebuild" means sweet fuck all.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I am sorry but I would simply tell David he is staying. Our board had better not roll over and gift him to another club
Easier said than done.
If he doesn’t want to be here, he has no real value to the club.
Unhappy players don’t play good football.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Wolfie is a nurse....her job is all about care for the clients....her company literally pays her to care for those clients....lol

I bet she wont look after her clients the day her contract with the company is over or if she finds a "better" job.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
**** can fuck off... people rag on Elliot but at least the bloke loves the joint

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The Bulldogs arent just losing "a player" they are about to lose the worlds best prop. So the term "rebuild" means sweet fuck all.
Worlds best prop is a bit of a stretch, like I said, take the emotion out of it for a minute...
We had 'the worlds best prop' last year and we were lucky to finish 12th.
Also, the term rebuild means to put back together after being destroyed. It's a pretty relevant term in our current salary cap and roster predicament.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well we started from being over the cap so maybe not under enough yet to sign a big name without anyone else leaving
Yeah i know that just pondering if shit was done right and no back ended contracts the amount of $$$ we let go we would of been able to go on a shopping spree from hell

TrioBench 1995

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Pay showed him how to run forward instead of backwards now he wants to go backwards again ??

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I heard yesterday that the club has been shopping Klemmer around to other clubs for a while now

WTF is going on
It is what it is , we were left in a shit of a mess which would of left players not to happy.
We got some things to look forward to next year we should be ok

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
People saying we look piss weak and getting bent over by the knights. I think not. They're getting bent over paying over 1 million for a prop who doesn't have an offload. I think we will come out on top here in the long term.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I bet she wont look after her clients the day her contract with the company is over or if she finds a "better" job.
She's probably not on a fixed contract....Klemmer is.....and his contract isn't up....still comparing apples and oranges... lol

LucasFitzo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I heard 3 days ago, Dogs want Ramien and wont let Klemmer leave without him. So hopefully Hill has some balls and holds strong. WE have all the cards, they are the desperate ones. So be like fine, put him on the market and dont give him to Newcastle. Simple.

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Let me preempt by saying that I have no care for who is on the board. I supported the previous board and they stuffed up badly, so I will support this board, and if they stuff up I will call it accordingly. Nothing I have seen so far, including the Klemmer saga is changing my opinion. If he leaves so be it, if he stays great. Either way I don't believe the current board can take blame or credit regardless of the outcome. Klemmers issues are deep. Deep issues manifest over time. This is at least 2 years plus in the making. My opinion is that it stems from back ended contracts and even more so finding out how much his mate Woods was signed on. Imagine finding out your best mate was on more money than you and you know you are better player. That there is your problem.

I don't see this current board caving in to wage demands, nor do I think Klemmer is worth $1m+ per year, but most importantly I don't believe we have the room in the cap. Our cap wont be fixed until 2021, as 2020 is the last year that any player was signed up until from the previous board on huge back ended deals, now that Woods is gone.

On a positive note, I love Klemmer, but if I were to rate him against other front rowers I have watched play for the Dogs in my time, he is behind Peter Kelly, Peter Tunks, Darren Britt, Dean Pay, Mark O'Meley, Nate Miles, Willie Mason, Roy Asotasi, Geoff Robinson, Paul Dunn, Steve Price, David Gillespie and James Graham. Half of those guys left us also. No big deal. He will hold a soft spot in my heart but he will be replaced. History shows that in the last 30 years we have had 14 great props including Klemmer. So in 2 seasons we will get another.

Last edited:

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
She's probably not on a fixed contract....Klemmer is.....and his contract isn't up....still comparing apples and oranges... lol

Klemmer's contract became "un-fixed" the day the club allowed him to test the market and speak to Knights.

case closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.