Consolidated Klemmer Discussion

What do you want from Klemmer as of this present moment?

• Stay

Votes: 65 31.6%
  • Piss Off

Votes: 141 68.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Everyone is quick to talk about money and how it’s a no brainer but many forget that we made him the richest player yet to play a first grade game not to long ago and then made him the highest paid forward in the game when he signed his next contract. How about he repays that faith we put in him when everyone we said were crazy to offer a guy who hadn’t played a single game $300,000 at the time when the cap was 2 million less than it is now!

I know that since he has signed his last contract there been a few forwards who signed bigger contracts but Klemmer would’ve been in line to sign a bigger contract in 2 years, he would’ve been 26 and I’m sure our next contract offer would’ve been a long term deal to make sure he is a Bulldog for life and set him up for life but now he will piss of to the Knights and as soon as he begins to decline they will sack him off and not think twice about it because they don’t have and will not ever have the same connection we had with him.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The simple answer is yes just ask the Sydney Swans how well they faired when they lost their Cost Of Living Allowance {COLA} and how much harder it is for them now to attract top line talent.
Call it whatever you want essentially its just more money to offer players i can tell you most players just focus on the highest bidder and hardly think about the cost of living and in some clubs cases its irrelevant when you all of a sudden own an apparent lol

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Hate to say but our club has allowed him so he hasn't broken any rule or done wrong by the club.
You just said he was wrong in asking for an early release, now you’re saying he wasn’t? You roikdnt have made a great pharaoh, tbh... not decisive enough. :p

The club’s response doesn’t make Klemmer’s action any more ethical. By all accounts he has repeatedly asked for this release, to the point where he’s obviously become more of a hindrance than a help to us. Repeatedly trying to get out of a contract he bound himself to not long ago is a shit thing to do, whether you like the way it was handled, or not.

I’d have preferred the club held firm st least until lining up some good red in the way of new signings, but he has done the wrong thing by the club and it’s fans... I have no doubt about it.

You agreed with me a minute ago. I think sometimes you just like yo play debil’s advocate and argue for argument’s sake.

The Jerker

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Are we allowed to do this under NRL RULES? Or even for any player? I think its a good idea
I dont pretend to know anything other than what has been said by the club and media but at this point Klemmer can go and eat a dick.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Everyone is quick to talk about money and how it’s a no brainer but many forget that we made him the richest player yet to play a first grade game not to long ago and then made him the highest paid forward in the game when he signed his next contract. How about he repays that faith we put in him when everyone we said were crazy to offer a guy who hadn’t played a single game $300,000 at the time when the cap was 2 million less than it is now!

I know that since he has signed his last contract there been a few forwards who signed bigger contracts but Klemmer would’ve been in line to sign a bigger contract in 2 years, he would’ve been 26 and I’m sure our next contract offer would’ve been a long term deal to make sure he is a Bulldog for life and set him up for life but now he will piss of to the Knights and as soon as he begins to decline they will sack him off and not think twice about it because they don’t have and will not ever have the same connection we had with him.

I don't know why I am defending klemmer here, but I would have never left my first job if I had the same thinking as you. My first employer gave me the break through, gave me the training and every thing and increased my market value, What could have I done if another mob was offering my 25% more to join them?
Klemmer is right, rugby league is a business at the end of the day.

xreedmatic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Dear Klemmer,

You were prepared to take a paycut from your current contract for Woods, though youre breaking your contract for more money to be further away from Woods.

Did you have a little arguement with Woodsy? Is that why you need to get out of Sydney?

Go and fuck yourself you dog

Yours faithfully

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You just said he was wrong in asking for an early release, now you’re saying he wasn’t? You roikdnt have made a great pharaoh, tbh... not decisive enough. :p

The club’s response doesn’t make Klemmer’s action any more ethical. By all accounts he has repeatedly asked for this release, to the point where he’s obviously become more of a hindrance than a help to us. Repeatedly trying to get out of a contract he bound himself to not long ago is a shit thing to do, whether you like the way it was handled, or not.

I’d have preferred the club held firm st least until lining up some good red in the way of new signings, but he has done the wrong thing by the club and it’s fans... I have no doubt about it.

You agreed with me a minute ago. I think sometimes you just like yo play debil’s advocate and argue for argument’s sake.

I take emotions out of the argument and put myself in the subject place and honestly ask myself what would have I done in this situation.

that is why I can see both sides of the argument.

It was wrong from klemmer to ask for an early release but that wrong became right when the Club granted him that permission.

It is more of the clubs fault to let him go then klemmers.

I am more filthy on the club than I am at Klemmber.

If I was the club I would refuse his request and if he wanted to play hard ball I would make him rot in reserve grade for next 2 years. but that's just me.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The simple answer is yes just ask the Sydney Swans how well they faired when they lost their Cost Of Living Allowance {COLA} and how much harder it is for them now to attract top line talent.
What about COBA (Cost of Bondi Allowance) that the roosters seem to get every year

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
trust me he will still have bulldogs beds sheet and buy his kids bulldogs memorabilia.

For 500 ks extra a year for next 4 years I too will happily wear a Storm or a Roosters jersey every day and every night and I hate Storm and roosters with a passion.

I hate klemmer that he is not honouring his contract , other than that I don't have any beef with him.
Shortly after Woods went to Cronulla I remember seeing one of Klemmer's boys wearing a Sharks jersey in our after game team photoshoot. I was thinking wtf is this shit.

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Any prick on 700k per year should not have an issue living in Sydney. Especially Gregory hills where he lives. Less than 10% of his wage would go on his mortgage. Compare that to the average joe who’s normally forking out 35% of their family’s total income on their mortgage

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't have an issue with him chasing the money, once his contract is up.

If he was going to do this he should have done it when we were offloading players about a year ago and then the club wouldn't be in this awful position. We could have kept Graham or someone else.

Despite results the team punched above last year with the roster that we had, and now we have a number of young players developing nicely... But every time it looks like theres light at the end of the tunnel lately we seem to get punched in the gut again. As a fan of the club this is just another in a long list of disappointments, I hope we can work it out and make him a dog for life, but I am expecting the worst at this point.

Last edited:

korrmatta1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Klem,

Just a quick note in case you happen to read this forum. You seemed like such a passionate Bulldog. You spoke to the media about how you grew up with Bulldogs bedsheets, how you were the ultimate fan....if there's any truth at all to these romanticised stories, how can you even think of doing this to your fans during such a time?

You could play a major role in rebuilding this great club. You have the opportunity to go down as a true legend of the club you supported as a kid. Instead it appears you are intent on going down as just another jerk who sold out your childhood dreams to the highest bidder. Bulldogs fans have a hard enough time with the media and game's administration dumping on the club without supposedly passionate players doing it. This club is so much greater than the Newcastle Knights....has a prouder and much longer history and a much greater record of success. So many legends have played for this club. Legends who understood and loved the club's culture. You could be one of them. Why would you throw that away in pursuit of a quick buck?

Is that kid who slept with Bulldogs bedsheets still inside you somewhere? Does a part of you still love this club? If so, I'd suggest you sack your dodgy manager and focus on reconnecting with what is really important. Too many people have thrown away the pure, straightforward and honest ideals of youth in favour of the more shallow and less spiritually fulfilling adult pastime of dollar chasing. Don't become one of those jerks. Money won't bring you happiness and you can't take it with you when you leave this earth. Better to leave a legacy than to accumulate wealth you can't take with you. We really wanted to believe you were a throwback. A true, tough as nuts Bulldog who genuinely loved this club.

Let's be honest, financially, you're doing ok. The club has looked after you, the fans love you...or did. So, is that kid who loved the bulldogs still inside you? Can that pure love you had for this club still be preserved? We are going through a very tough time as a club and need strong people to dig us out of it. Those who do so will rightly become legends.....but they do need to be strong, so if that doesn't sound like you, don't let the door hit your arse on the way out.

Yours sincerely,

A disappointed and jaded fan
Cool story bro lol

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I take emotions out of the argument and put myself in the subject place and honestly ask myself what would have I done in this situation.

that is why I can see both sides of the argument.

It was wrong from klemmer to ask for an early release but that wrong became right when the Club granted him that permission.

It is more of the clubs fault to let him go then klemmers.

I am more filthy on the club than I am at Klemmber.

If I was the club I would refuse his request and if he wanted to play hard ball I would make him rot in reserve grade for next 2 years. but that's just me.
Is it official he has been released? I’m at work and am assuming from the way people are talking it’s been done, but haven’t seen confirmation yet.

I don’t think I’d have let him
rot in reggies. He’s taking up too much cap space that could be better used on a first grade player who wants to be there.... I’d have held out longer til the club could at least offer some good news, though.

I look at Klemmer’s repeated requests for a release independently of any response. A player repeatedly asking for a release and letting fellow players know he isn’t happy can be destabilising... it can put the club in a tricky position.

I’d have held out longer, but either way, if the prick thinks of the game as a business, he should have hired a manager and negotiated his contract right the first time.

If he’s gone, I think he’s a straight up dickhead

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Hey over it guys, it’s a business as well as a game.

Anyone else here in his shoes would do exactly the same thing in a heartbeat.

All that loyalty, family club bullshit goes out the window when the $$$ come out.
I have honour and self respect, 400k upgrade to move to the sticks doesn't phase me much.

Jobs aren't just about money.

Status
Not open for further replies.