Consolidated Klemmer Discussion

What do you want from Klemmer as of this present moment?

• Stay

Votes: 65 31.6%
  • Piss Off

Votes: 141 68.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If Klemmer's decision revolves around cost of living in Sydney it begs the question :

Do those teams outside Sydney (and Melb) have an advantage when it comes to the salary cap because cost of living is cheaper, and therefore should their caps be smaller?
The simple answer is yes just ask the Sydney Swans how well they faired when they lost their Cost Of Living Allowance {COLA} and how much harder it is for them now to attract top line talent.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hey over it guys, it’s a business as well as a game.

Anyone else here in his shoes would do exactly the same thing in a heartbeat.

All that loyalty, family club bullshit goes out the window when the $$$ come out.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score

All that loyalty, family club bullshit goes out the window when the $$$ come out.
Nonsense....I'm a philosopher and believe in principles, not the pursuit of the almighty dollar. Think what you like, but don't even try to make assumptions about or tell me what I would do. I've walked away from financial security before in order to find happiness......and as someone who has less than Klem, that decision was even harder....it was absolutely the right decision, though.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Are we allowed to do this under NRL RULES? Or even for any player? I think its a good idea
Nope, the Raiders tried it years ago & it was outlawed by the NRL. Remember when they won the premiership on double the salary cap? Nope? Not many do because the #FakeNewsMedia don't hate them like they hate us. #BoycotDailyTelegraph

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
5 mil in 4 years.. no brainer.
Philosophers used to opt out of corporate pursuits in order to sit around on a step, or under a tree and try and gain a better understanding of life. It's not a no brainer, at all....if anything, the pursuit of wealth inhibits thought and internal debate. The more we lose our way as a species, the more it seems like a "no brainer".

Edit: Even in the early days of philosophy, philosophers were widely scorned for their ethics and Pharaohs were buried with riches the poor could only dream of, so I guess the majority have always been greedy arses. That doesn't mean their way of thinking is the only way or the best way.

Last edited:

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
trust me he will still have bulldogs beds sheet and buy his kids bulldogs memorabilia.

For 500 ks extra a year for next 4 years I too will happily wear a Storm or a Roosters jersey every day and every night and I hate Storm and roosters with a passion.

I hate klemmer that he is not honouring his contract , other than that I don't have any beef with him.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We shouldn’t bow down. He can get that money WHEN his contract expires. To do well in the salary cap era you need players performing above their pay grade and they earn big contracts elsewhere

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
trust me he will still have bulldogs beds sheet and buy his kids bulldogs memorabilia.

For 500 ks extra a year for next 4 years I too will happily wear a Storm or a Roosters jersey every day and every night and I hate Storm and roosters with a passion.

I hate klemmer that he is not honouring his contract , other than that I don't have any beef with him.
In the ancient world, you would have been a pharaoh....lol

The fact he is trying to leave mid contract is kinda the heart of it. Especially the fact he's doing it during such a trying time for the club.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

If I was currently on 700k a year, I wouldn't. I'm loyal to the bitter end, but I'm also not a professional athlete

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't think the comments and the hate would be so bad if he left under different circumstance..

But as stated in the OP .. he leaves us at a real delicate time in the clubs history ..

Plus hes conducted himself via his manager very poorly..

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
We shouldn’t bow down. He can get that money WHEN his contract expires. To do well in the salary cap era you need players performing above their pay grade and they earn big contracts elsewhere
I half agree....If he doesn't want to be here, he might not be much good to us, but we should definitely hold out on releasing him until we have all but secured some signings that would make his departure beneficial.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
In the ancient world, you would have been a pharaoh....lol

The fact he is trying to leave mid contract is kinda the heart of it. Especially the fact he's doing it during such a trying time for the club.

Why would I be a pharoh?

I am not asking any one to do slave labor for me and build tall incredible structures for me.

Only thing Klemmer has done wrong here is walking out mid contract. He is more than entitle to look after himself and his family, just as you are and you would look after your self and your family which comes above any game, club, sports etc.

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
Send that to a news paper (not the telecrap) might have a chance of reading it, would make little difference but might make him think.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't know how people are trying to counter with 'it's business' because in the world of business, you do not just break a contract without repercussions
He would be forced to buy his way out of the contract in the real world if he was even lucky enough to be given that option.

Dogschat

Waterboy
Reaction score
5 mil in 4 years.. no brainer.
Sorry but the point that is being missed this guy still has two years left on his contract why are we releasing him. I thought the NRL had anti tampering laws? Seriously our admin is dumb for granting a release, in whose best interest?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Why would I be a pharoh?

I am not asking any one to do slave labor for me and build tall incredible structures for me.

Only thing Klemmer has done wrong here is walking out mid contract. He is more than entitle to look after himself and his family, just as you are and you would look after your self and your family which comes above any game, club, sports etc.
It's a big thing he has done wrong though, isn't it? Asking to be released mid contract during one of the toughest periods of the club's history is a shitty act. It's that simple.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's a big thing he has done wrong though, isn't it? Asking to be released mid contract during one of the toughest periods of the club's history is a shitty act. It's that simple.

Hate to say but our club has allowed him so he hasn't broken any rule or done wrong by the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.