Consolidated Klemmer Discussion

What do you want from Klemmer as of this present moment?

• Stay

Votes: 65 31.6%
  • Piss Off

Votes: 141 68.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How can shitty club like Newcastle have better recruitment than us? Ponga, Pearce, Matterson and now possibly Klemmer.

We will have no Marquee players.....

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
If this does happen I would imagine we would have some sort of war chest in 2020

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Monday Buzz: Lies make mugs out of NRL fans
Last week was all about coach swapping. Bennett. Seibold. Cleary, Hasler and Maguire. Everything moved so quickly and dramatically it was like week one of the old Super League war. Now it’s the players’ turn.

Apparently Kangaroos front-rower Dave Klemmer wants out from the Canterbury Bulldogs to join the Newcastle Knights next year.

Dessie Hasler wants Kieran Foran back at Brookie. Forget the salary cap issues, we’ll get him back somehow. Maybe even a player swap.

The New Zealand Warriors have even told pin-up boy Shaun Johnson he can look around.

Now it’s Klemmer. The Test prop has two years to run in a four-year contract at the Bulldogs. Apparently he has a genuine out clause in that old third-party agreements fell over.

Klemmer met with Bulldogs CEO Andrew Hill last week to put his case for a release.

Klemmer is being guided by Isaac Moses, the player agent who is notoriously bullish in ensuring his players get their full worth and entitlements.

This is the manager who took Mitchell Moses, James Tedesco and Aaron Woods to new clubs to get them the money he thought they deserved and new career opportunities.

If he can get Klemmer an extra $1.6 million over four years at the Knights he’ll go for it.

The Knights approached the Bulldogs about Klemmer three months ago but were told he was not for sale. Their fans copped Aaron Woods and Moses Mbye being released but would blow up deluxe over Klemmer. He’s the heart and soul of the footy club.

Even from New Zealand we now learn Johnson has been told to look around and test the market. Yet he is the one Warriors player, outside of Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, with a following like an All Blacks superstar.

And this is just the start. Now the coaches have settled, the player movement will explode. What are rugby league supporters supposed to think?

Think of the hundreds of kids who proudly wear Johnson’s jersey.

Right now the clubs are trying to flog memberships and season tickets for 2019 yet you hardly know who you will be barracking for.

The NRL is at least planning to stop the disloyalty and coaching craziness. Never again will a club like the Penrith Panthers be legally capable of offering an under-contract coach like Ivan Cleary a job midterm.

The rules and regulations around coaching contracts have been put on the agenda for the next chief executive’s conference in mid-November and again at the club chairs’ meeting in December.

The NRL recently introduced a cap on football department spending to stop clubs from going broke.

As part of this, coaching contracts will have to be registered with the NRL exactly the same as the players. They will also be subjected to the same anti-poaching

Under this scenario, Cleary would have been strictly off limits. And so he should be. The fans have had enough of this betrayal.

“G’day boys. I hope this finds you well and enjoying your time off. I was writing to you in the hope of beating the press to let you know that I will no longer be your coach at Wests Tigers.

“This is an extremely uncomfortable situation for me as I have genuine fondness for the club, and I have loved coaching you all. I understand that this situation has caused some pain for people that I care about, along with putting the club in an awkward situation … I do not feel good about this.

“I would have preferred to do this in person but time and circumstances have made that impossible.

“I hope we meet again soon and I wish you all the very best in the future. You have my number and I am always open for a chat if you wish. Iv.”

But it’s the fans who he misled that really deserve an apology.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...s/news-story/6e060243e7f581581c1580d959054307

doggyrock

Waterboy
Reaction score
I like Klemmer but to be honest I’m comfortable with them letting him go. The Club have paid him good money and given him as much as they can. No upgrades.....

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We just say no simple as that then when we are out of the woods salary cap wise we increase his $$

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think he is the white elephant in the room. He goes, then the jigsaw puzzle becomes a lot more clearer. We have enough forwards to plough forward. It'll put us in a better position to make a play for gun backs.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How can shitty club like Newcastle have better recruitment than us? Ponga, Pearce, Matterson and now possibly Klemmer.

We will have no Marquee players.....
They are throwing big money around but it hasn't gotten them any where as of yet. Still can't even scrape top 8.

Pay's philosophy is to bring through juniors or get good value for money with up and comers from other clubs. Oldcastle are handing out Des like contracts.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If it's about third party agreements can't new ones be sourced for him?

If it's about a player who negotiated a deal and there's now a better offer and he wants to walk away then he's no better than SBW.

I follow a team, not individual players, I learnt that was easier because there's no loyalty anymore.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Klemmer negotiated this current deal himself and he was fine with it until he relised he low balled himself. I think this is ploy to get an upgrade.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Would you leave your current job for double the money ?

No off course not, silly of me to ask

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Monday Buzz: Lies make mugs out of NRL fans
Last week was all about coach swapping. Bennett. Seibold. Cleary, Hasler and Maguire. Everything moved so quickly and dramatically it was like week one of the old Super League war. Now it’s the players’ turn.

Apparently Kangaroos front-rower Dave Klemmer wants out from the Canterbury Bulldogs to join the Newcastle Knights next year.

Dessie Hasler wants Kieran Foran back at Brookie. Forget the salary cap issues, we’ll get him back somehow. Maybe even a player swap.

The New Zealand Warriors have even told pin-up boy Shaun Johnson he can look around.

Now it’s Klemmer. The Test prop has two years to run in a four-year contract at the Bulldogs. Apparently he has a genuine out clause in that old third-party agreements fell over.

Klemmer met with Bulldogs CEO Andrew Hill last week to put his case for a release.

Klemmer is being guided by Isaac Moses, the player agent who is notoriously bullish in ensuring his players get their full worth and entitlements.

This is the manager who took Mitchell Moses, James Tedesco and Aaron Woods to new clubs to get them the money he thought they deserved and new career opportunities.

If he can get Klemmer an extra $1.6 million over four years at the Knights he’ll go for it.

The Knights approached the Bulldogs about Klemmer three months ago but were told he was not for sale. Their fans copped Aaron Woods and Moses Mbye being released but would blow up deluxe over Klemmer. He’s the heart and soul of the footy club.

Even from New Zealand we now learn Johnson has been told to look around and test the market. Yet he is the one Warriors player, outside of Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, with a following like an All Blacks superstar.

And this is just the start. Now the coaches have settled, the player movement will explode. What are rugby league supporters supposed to think?

Think of the hundreds of kids who proudly wear Johnson’s jersey.

Right now the clubs are trying to flog memberships and season tickets for 2019 yet you hardly know who you will be barracking for.

The NRL is at least planning to stop the disloyalty and coaching craziness. Never again will a club like the Penrith Panthers be legally capable of offering an under-contract coach like Ivan Cleary a job midterm.

The rules and regulations around coaching contracts have been put on the agenda for the next chief executive’s conference in mid-November and again at the club chairs’ meeting in December.

The NRL recently introduced a cap on football department spending to stop clubs from going broke.

As part of this, coaching contracts will have to be registered with the NRL exactly the same as the players. They will also be subjected to the same anti-poaching

Under this scenario, Cleary would have been strictly off limits. And so he should be. The fans have had enough of this betrayal.

“G’day boys. I hope this finds you well and enjoying your time off. I was writing to you in the hope of beating the press to let you know that I will no longer be your coach at Wests Tigers.

“This is an extremely uncomfortable situation for me as I have genuine fondness for the club, and I have loved coaching you all. I understand that this situation has caused some pain for people that I care about, along with putting the club in an awkward situation … I do not feel good about this.

“I would have preferred to do this in person but time and circumstances have made that impossible.

“I hope we meet again soon and I wish you all the very best in the future. You have my number and I am always open for a chat if you wish. Iv.”

But it’s the fans who he misled that really deserve an apology.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...s/news-story/6e060243e7f581581c1580d959054307
Lol we “copped” woods and Mbye being released please **** we where ecstatic!

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Simply say no if there is any truth. If he intentionally plays bad (which I don't think he would) then he will cost himself Rep jerseys and even more $$$ next year. He is under contract full stop!

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I love Klemmer and would hate to see him go but if he doesn’t want to be in a dogs jersey he needs to move on and so do we no one is irreplaceable

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Klemmer is not just another forward you dopes... We probably struggle to make it out of our 40 without him.. you don't just replace a Klemmer because you've got the money, there has to be another Klemmer on the market and you have to attract him to your club over other contenders

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
David Klemmer eyes big-money move to Newcastle Knights
Phil Rothfield, Sports Editor-at-large, The Daily Telegraph
an hour ago
Subscriber only
KANGAROOS prop David Klemmer is poised to ask the Canterbury Bulldogs for a release to sign one of the richest contracts in rugby league history with the Newcastle Knights.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal Klemmer met with Bulldogs chief executive Andrew Hill last week about the possibility of him being freed from the final two seasons of his four-year contract.

Asked about the meeting with Klemmer, Hill said: “We don’t comment on rumours and speculation involving Dave or any other players.

“Dave has been at the Dogs for nearly a decade and is a much-valued member of our club.

“Obviously, we’d like him to be at the club for a lot longer.”

This is the third time in 12 months Klemmer has approached Canterbury to talk about an early release.

David Klemmer could be on the way out of the Bulldogs. Picture: Getty Images
He met Hill on his own without a manager. Another Bulldogs official revealed Klemmer had been “unsettled” for some time.

There is talk he has an out clause in that some old third-party agreements have fallen over.

Under NRL anti-poaching laws, the Knights cannot officially open negotiations with Klemmer until November next year.

However, it is understood a third party has been involved in talks behind the scenes.

Newcastle are prepared to pay a whopping $4.6 million in a four-year deal.

It is double what he is earning at Belmore and the front-rower is reportedly keen to explore a more relaxed lifestyle in Newcastle.

Desperate to increase their forward strength, the Knights recently met with Broncos front-rowers Tevita Pangai Jr and Matt Lodge. Both knocked them back and hence the move for Klemmer.

David Klemmer could be tempted by a big-money move to Newcastle. Picture: Alix Sweeney
They need the forward momentum to allow Kalyn Ponga and Mitchell Pearce to work their magic.

With the coaching merry-go-round finally settled, clubs are now preparing for a player market frenzy.

Even players under contract such as Klemmer will be targeted across the game.

Wayne Bennett and Anthony Seibold plan to be coaching at their current clubs next season, despite long-term recruitment goals at their new clubs.

WHAT THE FUCK?

Status
Not open for further replies.